Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

56 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

It would be stupid for the Dems to just announce investigations. 

I was at the Democratic conventions and meet-ups across the state. Most of the people had never been involved in politics before. And they showed up because they want the House to investigate the **** out of Trump. We want his tax returns. We want to know how much involvement he still has with the Trump Org - hint: he's running it. We want it all.

We did well last night, because we want his head on a spit.

We don't give a **** about "infrastructure."

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Sessions still has a lot of conservative friends in the Senate.His firing won't endear them to Trump.

Oh please.

Last night ended the debate. This is Trump's party lock stock and barrel. He owns it. His agenda is its agenda. Sessions is an unperson.

I love the people who still pretend that the normal political winds are still in play.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

I still have faith that the line in the sand for the GOP Senate would be Trump further interfering with Muellers investigation (like say by firing him).

Maybe it's misdirected..but conservatives can't be this stupid right?

Trump will do what he wants and dare those sniveling ****ers to cross him.  They are gutless.  

Trump is clearly terrified his various shady financial dealings are going to come to light. 

He’s declaring war.

I don’t see how this isn’t going to get very ugly. 

Constitutional crisis... markets will plummet... Merica!

The ****'s

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I still have faith that the line in the sand for the GOP Senate would be Trump further interfering with Muellers investigation (like say by firing him).

The **** will get real when Donny Jr. gets indicted.

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

There is no line in the sand.  Conservatives aren't stupid, they just don't care.  

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

They will abandon any and every principle they have for him.  The Trump cult is a runaway train and they're just trying to cling on for their political lives.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

She needs to step back, even if the GOP will attack whoever takes her place, she shouldn’t be a Democratic spokesperson at this point.  She should stick to inside politics.  

There should probably be a discussion about Schumer at some point too.

Trump only won 11 of the 33 races he campaigned to help.

Also, Pelosi should be out but Schumer should definitely be out. 

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Trump is clearly terrified his various shady financial dealings are going to come to light. 

He’s declaring war.

I don’t see how this isn’t going to get very ugly. 

Constitutional crisis... markets will plummet... Merica!

They will refuse every single subpoena and force the Dems to take every single issue to the courts, most likely. 

However, IIRC there is a provision for the proper House and/or Senate committees to subpoena tax returns directly from the IRS so that may be something Trump can't do anything about unless he tries to directly intervene and attempt to order the IRS leadership to refuse.

Things will get VERY ugly. He's also terrified of the Mueller investigation. Sessions is now gone and he seems to have a Yes Man in there now as acting AG and I have almost zero doubt that he'll either direct him to fire Mueller or direct him to severely curtail the investigation. And nothing can be done about it until the Dems actually take over so Trump has a bit of time to wreak as much havoc as possible, since he knows the sniveling Rs in the House and Senate will do absolutely nothing besides issue statements about being "concerned". 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I have no faith in that line whatsoever.

Archived