Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

6 hours ago, tshile said:

and i I look down on everyone but I don’t need support from anyone. Especially lessers. ;) 

Another thing we have in common. I'm telling you, we should run as a true bi-non-partisan ticket. I think our message of looking down on everyone will really hit home. I can do excessive looking down on the GOP to garner the left wing vote and vice versa with you and the libs.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Another thing we have in common. I'm telling you, we should run as a true bi-non-partisan ticket. I think our message of looking down on everyone will really hit home. I can do excessive looking down on the GOP to garner the left wing vote and vice versa with you and the libs.

The "bi" part might cost y'all some votes. 

Not that theres anything wrong with that. 

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah but they also didn't have to turn out in full force for Stewart.  They liked him.  They're culture voters.  Symbols and things matter to them.

VA is a microcosm of the rural vs suburban/urban split.  People who live in the Red parts of the state live completely different lives than the ones who live in the blue parts.

As someone who left at 18 (and would give almost anything to be able to return with stability), I agree. 

At least I know Comstock no longer controls things where I'm from. We have no business being in that district anyway. 

10 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think Georgia is the one that upsets me the most. The voter suppression tactics used there were so over the top and so anti-democratic. It really is horrible that the man responsible for these tactics gets rewarded for it. Georgians should be ashamed of themselves.

It's time to boycott Georgia.

Stop buying products from Georgia like Coca Cola. Movie producers should stop making anything in Georgia. Stop buying Peaches and Peanuts from Georgia. Let the damn state rot.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Stop buying products from Georgia like Coca Cola. Movie producers should stop making anything in Georgia. Stop buying Peaches and Peanuts from Georgia. Let the damn state rot.

Georgia went better than I expected for the most part.  A few very close races and possible pick ups including the governor's.  I don't think we want to punish all of Georgia for this.

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I know right, boycott Target! Oh wait, that's the crazy people on the other side.

10 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

And the flip is that the GOP "won" on the Senate side?

I'm arguing that NEITHER is a win.  Because NEITHER achieved the potential.  The Dems had an easy road in the House, the GOP an easy road in the Senate.  But both came up short of what they could have done.

It was a split decision.

You could've said the same thing in 2010.  The GOP retakes the House but because of some nutty candidates, failed to get the Senate.  Still a win GOP.

Same thing in 2012. GOP failed to win the Senate.

43 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They should do a revote in Georgia for Governor.

Only gonna happen if some judge grows a huge pair and puts people in jail for suppression tactics.

Possible, seeing as holding these guys in contempt is definitely a possibility, but there needs to be an order to Kemp first.

42 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Only gonna happen if some judge grows a huge pair and puts people in jail for suppression tactics.

Possible, seeing as holding these guys in contempt is definitely a possibility, but there needs to be an order to Kemp first.

Better believe they are turning stuff over to see what they can legally do to force this, why she didn't concede.

Who asked if there were youth turnout numbers earlier today? 31% is historical, I guess. Maybe it'll go higher in 2020, but it feels like most people who are likely for then, would have been about as motivated as possible yesterday. Seems underwhelming to me, even though it's a good deal more than normal.

Archived