Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Six In A Row...Or We Blow??

petedaddy

1 minute ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

We struggled to beat a Giants team that has given up on the season...idk why/how people thought we were going to win this game.

The O-line was beat like a rag doll last night and the defensive front was dominated. 

On to the draft

I support going all in on the interior in the draft.  We need more volume though.  Seven picks is not gonna do it.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I support going all in on the interior in the draft.  We need more volume though.  Seven picks is not gonna do it.

I fully support it as well but Bruce Allen is the GM so it won't happen.  They will likely be wasting draft picks on another QB after Kirk moves on to win a Super Bowl elsewhere.

1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Always love drafting fat guys.

Think our biggest needs are C, LG, RB, WR. Think the D front will be fine once Allen comes back. Losing him was a big blow. 

Agree, I hope we draft big on the interior OL.

Also, losing big Phil the NT was a bad start (totally forgot his second name). He was looking good preseason.

On 12/1/2017 at 1:43 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

or it could most likely just be a skins fan having optimism, but that optimism just not working out this time. 

A fan can make predictions, and not be on any “sauce”. 

The Redskins have not been a relevant franchise since before you were born. Optimism is a waste as long as the organization is run the way it is. And with Danny Boy, that is not going to change anytime soon.

Watching the Seahawks v. Eagles game right now on SNF, just makes it more frustrating to see Washington suffer so many critical injuries this season.  Even at full strength I give the Eagles the benefit of the doubt that they are better, but watching this game I'd put the 'Skins at a level somewhere between these two teams and a playoff team. 

This is the toughest part of the season for me to stomach when the team you root for has pretty much nothing to play for.  An entire month of games that don't really mean much at all.  What makes it worse is that this 'Skins team isn't bad, they have competed with the best teams in the conference, usually very short handed, and just about every game was very close. 

33 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This is the toughest part of the season for me to stomach when the team you root for has pretty much nothing to play for.  An entire month of games that don't really mean much at all.  What makes it worse is that this 'Skins team isn't bad, they have competed with the best teams in the conference, usually very short handed, and just about every game was very close. 

What makes it worse is that we finally have a good QB and more-than-likely will lose him in the offseason.

But it seems like we say the same thing every year.......we are competing, every game was close, blah blah. But close only counts in horseshoes. And while the injuries have taken their toll, particularly on the O line, the defense, which I felt had been a pleasant surprise, has taken an unfortunate step backward during the past month. 

2 hours ago, zskins said:

So they just put of a chart and now shows that the Redskins are still in the hunt. There is still some hope left. :D

Yeah..if we win out and everyone else loses out....We are history for this year and after all the choking, we need to play all backups and get a higher pick....its the only reward left for this terrible year.  T. Williams needs to get his operation on his knee NOW so he can be healthy and ready for next year.   We are tied for the 10th pick right now and each useless win now only drops us further back.  The blown leads against Minn and Saints were the games that might have propelled us to a playoff bid but the injuries were too much, not to mention poor clock management and terrible defensive schemes/ always throwing passes short of the 1st down marker etc. etc.. Same old Redskins complaints year after year. We need a new strength/conditioning coach as Jon Gruden's son doesn't seem like the answer with all the injuries this year.  Don't you just love false starts on Field Goal attempts.....stupidity at it's finest....Like I said before...I want the Redskins to be my pallbearers as I want them to let me down one last time.

4 hours ago, rabidskin said:

Yeah..if we win out and everyone else loses out....We are history for this year and after all the choking, we need to play all backups and get a higher pick....its the only reward left for this terrible year.  T. Williams needs to get his operation on his knee NOW so he can be healthy and ready for next year.   We are tied for the 10th pick right now and each useless win now only drops us further back.  The blown leads against Minn and Saints were the games that might have propelled us to a playoff bid but the injuries were too much, not to mention poor clock management and terrible defensive schemes/ always throwing passes short of the 1st down marker etc. etc.. Same old Redskins complaints year after year. We need a new strength/conditioning coach as Jon Gruden's son doesn't seem like the answer with all the injuries this year.  Don't you just love false starts on Field Goal attempts.....stupidity at it's finest....Like I said before...I want the Redskins to be my pallbearers as I want them to let me down one last time.

Well, being you would already be dead, it wouldn't matter to you that;

1.  Crowder would probably drop his handle

2.  Perine's grip would slip once the sway of the casket shifted his way,

3. Gruden would fail to get the right people in line and on time, so the funeral would be delayed

4. Bruce Allen would hold up the procession by constantly trying to negotiate a cheaper funeral.

5. Some of the players wouldn't wear the right shoes [ cleats ]

6. Once everything got underway, they'd take detours and end up not getting you to the promised land or the plot.

Sound about right?  :)

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Even if the Skins were perfectly healthy; you really think the Redskins would've been much better? Maybe fighting for wild card but that's it.  This team would still play the same way.  Lose games they shouldn't be losing too.

"Much better" is a relative term, but lets examine their record, 5-7.  Being at full strength, or at least say maybe less than half of the season ending injuries and guys playing who probably shouldn't be.  Take all that into account, I definitely think it would be worth at the least 2 more wins, so that would make the team 7-5 instead of 5-7.  At 7-5, they would be I believe 1 game out of the wildcard race, and depending on who the wins came against, they could very well hold tiebreakers over more teams then they do currently. 

I know this season has been disappointing, but I really think the team is being underrated as far as what the opening week roster was capable of had they been able to get further into the season without all the injuries.

With Atlanta winning last night, there's now 7 teams in the NFC with at least 8 wins. 2 teams have 10 wins, 2 teams have 9 wins and 3 teams with 8 wins. Everyone but the Saints & Falcons have 4 games left.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Skins maybe mathematically alive but realistically; it's over.  
I can't see all those teams collapse to let someone else in.   

Credit to: https://www.reddit.com/r/NFLPlayoffScenarios/comments/7hyi7z/2017_week_14_comprehensive_nfc_playoff_picture/

WAS is eliminated from the playoffs with:
- WAS loss + SEA win/tie OR
- WAS loss + DAL win OR
- WAS loss + CAR win/tie + DET win/tie OR
- WAS loss + CAR win/tie + TB clinches SoV over WAS OR
- WAS loss + GB win + DET win/tie OR
- WAS loss + GB tie + DET win OR
- WAS tie + SEA win + CAR win/tie

Archived