Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Kitchens hire may be an issue as well, perhaps in over his head. 

That may have been their owner doing what ours does when those in charge there might have preferred GW.

Remember Dan blamed Vinny for allowing him to hire Zorn when the entire reason it got to that point was because Dan refused to hire GW who had Gibbs recommendation. Also Dan was the reason none of the good coaches were interested as well. Vinny got fired (as if he ever should have had the position) and was immediately replaced with a similar lackey.

Kinda funny how he twists reality in order to point the finger.

Also it's also interesting how the fans reacted to Zorn being forced to face the media yet when Gruden did it the day before he was fired I didn't see much of a response from the fans.

Used to the incompetece I guess.

I am sure that Bruce was in Danny's ear after the game, saying 'see I told you so'. or 'the Dolphins are a good team and we just man-handled them', or some other BS to give him a chub.

The banner thing was a great start; things like this need to keep happening; full page newspaper ad, Facebook, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get the anti-Allen message out loud and clear so even Snyder himself wouldn't be able to avoid it.

Unless I'm mistaken, aren't there a few minority owners? Even the smallest slice of ownership DOES have some say, maybe working THAT angle?

If there is any form of donation to contribute to that would spread the message, let me know.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

I am sure that Bruce was in Danny's ear after the game, saying 'see I told you so'. or 'the Dolphins are a good team and we just man-handled them', or some other BS to give him a chub.

Interesting that I was just reading this old 2009 thread and found my post there:

Hilarious but was predicted by several of us on day 1.

Here's Peregrine's post like mine

See breaking news section about Skins fan who paid for the banner to Fire Allen at the stadium in Florida yesterday.   He is a hero to this exhausted

and disappointed fan base.   I am sure someone told Snyder about the banner even if he did not see it himself.  Hopefully his wife told him.   Allen

probably made sure the Danny never went outside at all.  Just got into the limo and headed for the airport.

Snyder needs to realize celebrity hunting won’t work. A stable, good front office is what wins, not a big-name coach who has already succeeded and simply cashing in one more time. Find a grinder in the weeds who’s ready for a promotion.

Otherwise, it will be back to coach hunting again in a few years.

Watching Preston Smith play for the Packers was tough to see especially when the announcer called him " an Elite Pass Rusher".  He is playing well for sure

and we let him go in free agency.   Many times we forget how many good players leave the Skins and move on to other teams and thrive.

The Eagles Head Coach yesterday talked about "coaching up" the players before their upcoming game with the Cowboys.  

Meanwhile one of our online users a while back published the list of players still on the roster from the 2014, 2015, and 2016 drafts.  There are

three starters- Morgan Moses, Schereff, and Ioannidis.   The total number of players selected in these 3 drafts was 25 players.   Poor drafting

and mediocre coaching is killing this team along with weak top management- truly a bad combination of factors.

19 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Watching Preston Smith play for the Packers was tough to see especially when the announcer called him " an Elite Pass Rusher".  He is playing well for sure

and we let him go in free agency.   Many times we forget how many good players leave the Skins and move on to other teams and thrive.

The Eagles Head Coach yesterday talked about "coaching up" the players before their upcoming game with the Cowboys.  

Meanwhile one of our online users a while back published the list of players still on the roster from the 2014, 2015, and 2016 drafts.  There are

three starters- Morgan Moses, Schereff, and Ioannidis.   The total number of players selected in these 3 drafts was 25 players.   Poor drafting

and mediocre coaching is killing this team along with weak top management- truly a bad combination of factors.

Bingo my man! Bingo!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/popculture.com/sports/amp/2019/10/13/redskins-reportedly-after-trade-mike-tomlin/

this has to be due to Allen telling snyder we are close guys of u are a season ticket holder please cancel dont go to games at minimum this will cost is two first round picks....only an idiot cant see thay we need every pick we can get and maybe an empty stadium will fix snyders mentality 

Redskin top cap hits thanks to Allen:  Alex Smith  zero snaps this year,  Josh Norman- poor performance this year, Trent Williams- zero snaps this year,

Ryan Kerrigan- down year,  Landon Collins- got Defensive Player of the week, Jordan Reed- probably will not return and did not play after concussion,

Paul Richardson- not productive and injured last year.  Bruce Allen has not produced a decent roster.  No current Head Coach would agree to this job

unless Allen was replaced.  We have mediocre talent and that is because he looks for players he can sign who would be cheap after coming back from

injury.  Love the running back from Stanford is a great example- no snaps this year.   The General Manager has to give his coaches a fighting chance to

succeed each season and Gruden had no chance to be successful this year given this roster.  I am not defending Gruden and the mistakes he made either.

I am sure he totally burned out and he did goofy stuff at the end just so they would let him get out of prison finally.

16 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

And you know he has Dan convinced we're still in it this year since the eagles and cowboys are floundering at 3-3 right now.  His narative is we're just 2 games back.  We're close now that we got rid of problem Jay.

I'm certain he's saying that as well.

However, Jay was his guy, the guy he chose to extend, the guy Dan has to pay to play golf and do radio shows right now, and next season as well.  Jay is the guy where if he was such a tragedy as a head coach that let the inmates run the asylum, both Bruce and Dan should have been more than aware of that after all this time.  They should have been aware of it before they agreed to extend him.

No matter which way you slice this thing up, both Bruce and Dan look like the idiots they are.  Why us?  Just why?

On 10/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, veteranskinsfan said:

and we let him go in free agency.   

It was a nice pick by "Otis Campbell-McCloughan" 

I'm starting to get annoyed by some of Louis Riddick's tweets about Haskins which are numerous.  Sure seems like he's sucking up on this Haskins thing in hopes Snyder is watching.  He said on his Monday night (Bears) gig that Snyder had changed - little hints tend to line up....

On 10/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, veteranskinsfan said:

Heh? Trent Murphy, Spencer Long, Breeland, Preston Smith, Crowder, Reiter, Fuller are all current NFL starters... In addition to the three you've named, so that's 10 out of 25 that are starters, which is very good drafting. And add in 2017 and the ratio is even higher.

It's difficult to not hate the front office, we need to point the finger somewhere, but poor drafting certainly isn't the culprit. Coaching has let this team down. Preston Smith is a perfect example. Aside from the occasional flash, he was average-at-best here and now he's playing like a probowler.

I do however condemn the front office for their handling of rostered players. Bruce/Dan's egos are constantly getting in the way of what's best for the franchise. TW is obviously the shining example at the moment.

37 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I'm starting to get annoyed by some of Louis Riddick's tweets about Haskins which are numerous.  Sure seems like he's sucking up on this Haskins thing in hopes Snyder is watching.  He said on his Monday night (Bears) gig that Snyder had changed - little hints tend to line up....

To be fair, that IS a drastic shift for Snyder.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:38 PM, skins island connection said:

The banner thing was a great start; things like this need to keep happening; full page newspaper ad, Facebook, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get the anti-Allen message out loud and clear so even Snyder himself wouldn't be able to avoid it.

Unless I'm mistaken, aren't there a few minority owners? Even the smallest slice of ownership DOES have some say, maybe working THAT angle?

If there is any form of donation to contribute to that would spread the message, let me know.

There are 3 minority owners and you are saying the same thing I posted in the Snyder thread. We need to start hammering the other owners and see if we can get them to pressure Danny boy into either selling or,at the very least, firing Bruce. A banner over the stadium during the game is a must...we have to have a Skins fan out there that could do this for us. "Sell the team Dan" would be perfect.

On 10/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Really puts things into perspective:

Amazing....awful.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:50 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

Really puts things into perspective:

That's only taking Bill Belichick time in NE into account, because his record with the Browns as a HC isn't great (he's 36-44 and 41-55 prior to Tom Brady).

Right now he's 267-123 all time.

If he loses the next 378 he'll be 267-501 (and he'll 90 years old btw).

That's 768 games and .347

If the dynamics within the Redskins organization don’t improve—and fast—it won’t matter who the team hires as its next head coach. Snyder’s penchant for cronyism has doomed this franchise for as long as he’s been in charge. Allen—who’s the son of legendary Redskins coach George Allen—is far from the first executive who’s stuck around in Washington for all the wrong reasons. Snyder confidant Vinny Cerrato served as the team president and de facto GM during Snyder’s first decade in charge. He oversaw the financial follies of the team’s early days under its new owner, and tensions between him and Schottenheimer led to the latter’s firing after the 2001 season. Nothing about Cerrato’s résumé suggested that he deserved 10 years of chances. In fact, the most notable part is his starring role as a cop in the straight-to-video 1994 film Kindergarten Ninja. (Yes, there is video available online. Yes, it is amazing. And yes, I have so many questions.)

On a football level, though, Cerrato’s chief qualification seemed to be that he was buddies with the boss; a decade into Allen’s tenure, it seems as though he’s hanging around for the same reason. Being able to tip back Coors Lights and lend a sympathetic ear isn’t a reason to employ someone as a high-level executive of a cratering franchise that’s worth more than $3 billion. Whether it’s delusion, incompetence, or contempt for his own fan base, Snyder has been unwilling to alter course in the two years since firing McCloughan, and that’s led to pitiful scenes like the one that followed Gruden’s dismissal earlier this month. Seated in front of the Washington media, with Snyder nowhere to be found, Allen, with a straight face, said that there was enough talent on the Redskins’ roster to win now, and that the culture in place was “pretty damn good.”

Watch that farce of a press conference, and it’s no wonder why this team has been mired in irrelevance for the better part of two decades. When Cerrato gave one of the worst acting performances in recent memory, at least he probably got a free lunch out of it. Allen has no such excuses for trotting out his same-old schtick, and, given the way things have gone in Snyder’s two decades in charge, no one should buy it anyway.

Archived