Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Christ man. Self-medication is not the answer.

0DB8C8F5-3CAF-44C1-9EB6-BEE7C28AA497.gif.5f4ca978d344c3ec9a7f2ad7fd0b1ad0.gif

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Dan will consider Allen if it saves him money.

If Dan does **** can Bruce I think we will see Doug Williams.... promoted I guess it is called.

I could be wrong but I just don’t see it.  

Unless it’s just part 1 of a 2 parter and the new coach gets personnel control down the road.   

I could see Schaffer going to President and Doug going to GM.  If it’s internal.  

Dan isn’t into competence and hiring the best when it comes to the front office.  

Its about nostalgia and or friendship.

Yet every year we get these exposes about how Dan is mystified about why he can’t figure out the winning formula.   It’s nuts.

Finlay actually has speculated about Alex in the FO but it sounded like that’s a pure guess from him though.

37 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Sure Alex Smith os a legitimate cool dude and I wouldn't expect him to embarrass us like Bruce used to.

That being said, I'm not sure I would welcome the move. It could help on the salary cap issue, but other than that what are his garantees as GM? Right now, I would say now.

But Smith is connected to ED35031B-99D7-4D8E-825C-F6896FAAE541.jpeg.ea3b05b6b4ae83eda645d197083d83cf.jpeg

Somebody who Dan probably covets as a HC.

37 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

DeAngelo Hall.

Another option which checks a the same boxes.  

4201F0C6-F23A-45B2-9937-42FC71056656.jpeg.176fcdb5ed303294fcbd256696b457a8.jpeg

10 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I don't mind Alex Smith.  Guy in his 30's who has played football.  He has seen good teams and bad teams.  

What if he turns out to be good?  He could be here for 30 years.

Yeah..I agree. He could be very good......smart and into the game. Good call...lets take a flyer.

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

I wouldn't mind Hall TBH, my preference is generally towards someone who has been away from the game long, but if we go this route why not?

You wouldn't mind Deangelo Hall. As our GM.

wtf is going on in this thread. That would be ****ing awful. 

If you're going to go the former player route, then let's bring PD93 home.

He's spent the last few years on the Eagles staff (currently D Line coach), scouted for their drafts, still stays in contact with Dan, DESPISES Bruce, & has told me personally he wants to be a GM. 

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Seriously why isn't Cooley in the conversation?

Why the **** not?

Add him to the list along side Alex and DeAngelo.

Doofus Dan isn't going to hire anyone any better than a handful of totally unqualified former Redskins players anyway.

Hey, what about Arrington as DC and Portis as OC?

Smoot could be the teams head of public relations. Instead of harvest fest they can take everybody out on a boat for a good time!

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We're in a thread where we are talking about Alex freaking Smith being our GM and this stands out to you???? Also, bruce allen has been allowed to destroy this team for 10 years so nothing should be surprising at this point. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Why the **** not?

Add him to the list along side Alex and DeAngelo.

Doofus Dan isn't going to hire anyone any better than a handful of totally unqualified former Redskins players anyway.

Hey, what about Arrington as DC and Portis as OC?

Smoot could be the teams head of public relations. Instead of harvest fest they can take everybody out on a boat for a good time!

I want Darrell Green back on the corner next season. 

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

83D14BB6-2D08-4E73-9A5F-A72AC002C2AD.gif.6f0ad42820ecdd31b30becd513950f2e.gif

(Twice in one night!)

12 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Seriously why isn't Cooley in the conversation?

PS: you shouldn’t quote pics because a mod is lurking and it’s against the rules...

5084CB10-7C61-48CF-81DB-9C332AF73ED1.gif.ac62a7e4937ebae192f63175c41d246c.gif

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Pats scandal opens the door for McDaniels to take over as head coach and Brady to retire there. Leaving the door open to Bellichick to become the GM and Head coach of the Redskins.

Shiiiit. That would be epic! But come on.....really? Bill would allow this curse to jump on his ass? I doubt it.

54 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Somebody who Dan probably covets as a HC.

Another option which checks a the same boxes.  Cooley

I actually wouldnt hate Cooley in all honesty. The guy is a film junkie. At least we know he knows what makes a good football player. 

57 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I don't mind Alex Smith.  Guy in his 30's who has played football.  He has seen good teams and bad teams.  

What if he turns out to be good?  He could be here for 30 years.

Look what John Lynch has done in SF....Alex is a bright guy, and if he can lure a good head coach that alone is huge.

45 minutes ago, TK said:

If you're going to go the former player route, then let's bring PD93 home.

He's spent the last few years on the Eagles staff (currently D Line coach), scouted for their drafts, still stays in contact with Dan, DESPISES Bruce, & has told me personally he wants to be a GM. 

Word? Didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. But nah, its cool. As a girl might say to a guy in the bad zone, lets just remain friends. Plus, that defense he's currently coaching is gettin' that ass beat by the lowly Giants right now. I'd be cool with him trying his hand at player personnel (college or pro). But coming to the Redskins as a rookie GM after the Bruce experience?

Truthfully, I don't want anyone connected to the Redskins (past or present) to be in the front office as the GM. I want new blood, new ideas and a new culture. I don't want to hear that the new GM knows Dan or anyone in the organization. The organization needs a savior. Not a referral.

There are over 1700 players in the NFL every season.

Just how many of them do you loons think are cut out to run football operations for an NFL team? 99% of them will never be qualified and definitely aren't now, during their playing career. Identifying that 1% who could maybe do the job well, someday, in a stable organization, would be nearly impossible. 

Here's a wild idea--maybe someone qualified with demonstrable success in the FO of a good organization? 

Dopes. 

Archived