Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'd pay money to go to an event and be able to talk to Bruce... even just for a minute. I don't even need that much time.

He'd thank you for for purchasing a ticket to that event and then just tell you individually what he just told all of us - that you can go **** yourself.

2 hours ago, Bang said:

So you think it was Vinny who decided to hire Gibbs and give us a small blip of respectability?

Given everything else you ever saw him do..   no way. That bug eyed moron just happened to be standing here for that.

~Bang

Theres something to be said for just standing there sometimes, and not being stupid enough to go out and give a presser the likes of what Bruce Allen just did.

4 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Theres something to be said for just standing there sometimes, and not being stupid enough to go out and give a presser the likes of what Bruce Allen just did.

You mean like all the sacks and stuff?

Vinny was kind of a slimeball too. We've all just forgotten, because he was a random shmuck running the food court on the Death Star, to BA's Emperor Palpatine

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Let me be clear: he might not have been wrong that if Smith hadn't gotten hurt the 'Skins might have made the playoffs. In their final 6 games, they had @Dallas, @Philly, NYG, @Jacksonville, @Tennessee, Philly.  They did beat Jacksonville.  They came within a whisker of beating Tennessee with Josh Johnson. The Giants were TERRIBLE, but the team quit on butt fumble.  What I'm saying is that it's possible that if Smith doesn't get hurt, they find a way to win at least 2 if not 3 of those games.  And they might make the playoffs.  

And with Smith, it's possible that would have happened.  My exact quote was "He might not be entirely wrong about that." Which just due to the math, is an accurate statement. They might have made the playoffs.  

Garbage as you say they were, Smith gave them a chance to win.   Again, at 6-4, you don't have to do too much to get into the playoffs.

Would that mean it was a good team? No.  Would it have meant that it was a well coached team?  No.  Would Bruce still have been delusional about how good the team is?  Yes.  Would it have probably avoided the debacle that has been this year?  Maybe.  Though probably not if the defense regressed like it did.  

I am not agreeing with Bruce's assertion that the culture is good (which is the question he was answering when he brought up the 6-3 start), or that last year's team was a world beater.  But he convinced himself if Alex hadn't gotten hurt, they could probably have gotten to 9 wins and a wild card spot. And that really could have happened.  

I kinda think if it had happened, they might still be 0-5 this year.  Because of Manusky and the defense. And Brady in his prime might not be good enough to save this offense with this defense.  

It wouldnt have happened.  We were a 3-6 team that happened to be 6-3.  The TB game was one of the worst wins in NFL history.  The team was terrible, but lucked out with some absolute statistical inanities and some very bad opening teams.  Plus, we did not just LOSE games going down the stretch, we played some of the worst defense in franchise history down the stretch, and finish almost last in offense.  We would have had to win 3 more games, and that wasnt going to happen with 4 division games and a team within a hair of a playoff spot.

It was fools gold, and the only people still clinging to it are like Bruce.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You mean like all the sacks and stuff?

Vinny was kind of a slimeball too. We've all just forgotten, because he was a random shmuck running the food court on the Death Star, to BA's Emperor Palpatine

I never thought he was a slime ball.  Just a dumbass lackey.  Basically Bruce minus the politician schtick.

1 minute ago, mh86 said:

Bruce isn’t going anywhere so long as the stadium deal isn’t finished. The best we can hope for unfortunately is the hiring of a GM, but I don’t see that happening unfortunately. One can hope.

And if they do hire someone it'll just be a continuation of the 15 man team that it takes to make a decision so the blame can't be placed on a single person. 

The text came about 8 p.m. Sunday, instructing Washington Redskins Coach Jay Gruden to report to owner Daniel Snyder’s office at 5 a.m. Monday. Gruden didn’t bother to ask the meeting’s topic. With his team 0-5 after Sunday’s 33-7 home loss to the New England Patriots, he knew the message was an invitation to be fired.

Sometime around midnight he drove to the team’s practice facility in Ashburn, Va., and began packing his office. Best to stash the last 5½ years of his life into boxes rather than let someone do it for him. Around 3 a.m., he took a nap in his office then rose a little before 5, took a shower and walked to Snyder’s office, where the owner and team president Bruce Allen waited.

The conversation was brief. They fired Gruden quickly. He said “thank you for the opportunity” and drove out of the parking lot, past the giant Redskins flag flapping over the great white practice bubble, down the drive, past the pond with the geese and away from his first NFL head coaching job. The sun had yet to rise, but his time with the Redskins was over.

...He leaves as the longest-tenured coach in Snyder’s 20 years as owner. Snyder decided to keep Gruden in January after the team finished 7-9 for a second straight season, but he told associates he would make a change if Washington lost four games early in the season. He chose not to fire Gruden after a Week 4 road defeat to the New York Giants but decided to make the move after the Patriots loss dropped Washington to 0-5.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I never thought he was a slime ball.  Just a dumbass lackey.  Basically Bruce minus the politician schtick.

Exactly! But more like the stumbling moron villain that always screws up and gets busted red handed. But not without that arrogance that he's the smartest guy in the room. He was just so dumb it's more hilarious in hindsight.

He looked like and sounded like a lame mattress salesman with nervous ticks, whereas Bruce Allen looks and sounds like the antichrist 

Ya know the Redskins almost got me again with their gaslighting about how Callahan is going to install discipline into the team that was lacking. It's amazing how it's always the failed outgoing coach who gets blame and never the one's who make decisions about who will play for this team.

Nice try Skins, I ain't getting fooled this time 😠

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ya know the Redskins almost got me again with their gaslighting about how Callahan is going to install discipline into the team that was lacking. It's amazing how it's always the failed outgoing coach who gets blame and never the one's who make decisions about who will play for this team.

Nice try Skins, I ain't getting fooled this time 😠

What I find interesting about the whole Callahan is Mr. Discipline angle is that his unit regularly shows a lack of discipline in their techniques leading to drive killing penalties.

57 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I find interesting about the whole Callahan is Mr. Discipline angle is that his unit regularly shows a lack of discipline in their techniques leading to drive killing penalties.

The next guy typically is going to do something refreshing that the previous idiot coach failed to do.  That's the narrative.  Until the next guy comes.   And then we repeat.   

Yeah Callahan's units have been penalty machines for years and he's been calling the run plays which have been the weakness of the offense.  They set it up nicely with the Dolphins next on deck.  If they beat the mighty Dolphins I bet we got narratives about how Callahan is a major improvement, etc.  But IMO that will only last a week because I suspect the losing will commence after that game.  

Case in point, Kyle was a punching bag when he was here.  Elsewhere he's a genius.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is what I don't understand. The offensive line is horrible and penalties is a big reason for that. Yet he's suppose to be the one in charge of the line. This will not go well either way with this team. It doesn't matter who the coach is right now the Skins are garbage.  Another thing is the Skins DC. How does he still have a job?

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The next guy typically is going to do something refreshing that the previous idiot coach failed to do.  That's the narrative.  Until the next guy comes.   And then we repeat.   

Yeah Callahan's units have been penalty machines for years and he's been calling the run plays which have been the weakness of the offense.  They set it up nicely with the Dolphins next on deck.  If they beat the mighty Dolphins I bet we got narratives about how Callahan is a major improvement, etc.  But IMO that will only last a week because I suspect the losing will commence after that game.  

Agree with all of this.  

And about him calling the run plays, that’s been something that I have never been able to wrap my head around since it was first brought to light.  There is no doubt that Jay has never been known to have a solid running game.  He clearly needed some help in that realm.  But I can’t see how employing an offensive line coach to call running plays is beneficial to that in any capacity.  Which is why I can’t imagine that’s something Jay would have conjured up on his own.  In other words, it felt, sounded and appeared to be forced or a better word, might be coerced.  That never works.

32 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

LET'S GOOOO. SVP bout to go off.

That comes on immediately after MNF right?

I was hoping the pregame to MNF would **** on the Redskins, but they didn't.  I'll be surprised if they don't touch on it at halftime.

...“The pieces are here for a winning team,” Allen said, attempting to lay the responsibility of Washington’s winless record at Gruden’s feet alone.

Allen went on to note that under the “discipline and execution” of interim head coach Bill Callahan, “we believe we’re given the best opportunity to beat the Miami Dolphins and for the rest of the year.”

...Allen tried to convince the masses that they’re now headed in the right direction. But the Redskins are no better off today without Gruden — the longest-tenured coach under Snyder — than they were on Sunday, when they were getting manhandled by Tom Brady’s Patriots.

According to players, Gruden carried himself like a dead man walking in recent days. While his firing was expected, those within the locker room are not wholly convinced that his absence will spur immediate success.

Why?

Because it’s the front office that bears the brunt of the blame for what Washington has become: a joke.

Despite having plenty of sharp football minds internally, the Redskins are often guided by Allen’s arrogance and Snyder’s stubbornness. The switch to Callahan, a respected veteran coach, won’t change the fact that this team is 59-92-1 since Allen took over and will eventually look to hire a seventh full-time head coach under Snyder.

Allen preferred not to confront painful truths on Monday.

“The culture is actually damn good,” he said defiantly, refusing to acknowledge the on-field futility and off-field shenanigans that have become synonymous with Snyder’s 20-year reign.

On a day when Redskins fans desperately needed clarity and a sliver of hope to cling to five weeks into the season, Snyder conveniently hid from view and Allen deflected questions aimed at his influence.

Asked specifically about his level of accountability for the team’s struggles, Allen noted “we’re all involved in this,” but quickly shifted the focus to the efforts of vice president of player personnel Doug Williams and director of college scouting Kyle Smith. “I’m not saying I care more than anyone,” he added, for no apparent reason, “but I absolutely want what's best for the Washington Redskins and we're going to make sure we do it.”

The shame of it is, Allen operates as if his fanbase is comprised of simpletons.

https://sports.yahoo.com/theres-no-reason-to-believe-better-days-await-redskins-as-team-refuses-to-truly-hit-reset-button-005031088.html

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

...“The pieces are here for a winning team,” Allen said, attempting to lay the responsibility of Washington’s winless record at Gruden’s feet alone.

Allen went on to note that under the “discipline and execution” of interim head coach Bill Callahan, “we believe we’re given the best opportunity to beat the Miami Dolphins and for the rest of the year.”

...Allen tried to convince the masses that they’re now headed in the right direction. But the Redskins are no better off today without Gruden — the longest-tenured coach under Snyder — than they were on Sunday, when they were getting manhandled by Tom Brady’s Patriots.

According to players, Gruden carried himself like a dead man walking in recent days. While his firing was expected, those within the locker room are not wholly convinced that his absence will spur immediate success.

Why?

Because it’s the front office that bears the brunt of the blame for what Washington has become: a joke.

Despite having plenty of sharp football minds internally, the Redskins are often guided by Allen’s arrogance and Snyder’s stubbornness. The switch to Callahan, a respected veteran coach, won’t change the fact that this team is 59-92-1 since Allen took over and will eventually look to hire a seventh full-time head coach under Snyder.

Allen preferred not to confront painful truths on Monday.

“The culture is actually damn good,” he said defiantly, refusing to acknowledge the on-field futility and off-field shenanigans that have become synonymous with Snyder’s 20-year reign.

On a day when Redskins fans desperately needed clarity and a sliver of hope to cling to five weeks into the season, Snyder conveniently hid from view and Allen deflected questions aimed at his influence.

Asked specifically about his level of accountability for the team’s struggles, Allen noted “we’re all involved in this,” but quickly shifted the focus to the efforts of vice president of player personnel Doug Williams and director of college scouting Kyle Smith. “I’m not saying I care more than anyone,” he added, for no apparent reason, “but I absolutely want what's best for the Washington Redskins and we're going to make sure we do it.”

The shame of it is, Allen operates as if his fanbase is comprised of simpletons.

https://sports.yahoo.com/theres-no-reason-to-believe-better-days-await-redskins-as-team-refuses-to-truly-hit-reset-button-005031088.html

Allen is such a piece of ****, not just as FO employee, but as a human being.  He is a snake.  Anyone on this board that still supports this arrogant ****tard after today has serious mental issues themselves, or really wants to see this franchise fail and is not a fan.  

Archived