Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Btw, it’s rich that Lavar, who was a Dan Snyder favorite, who was shown favoritism until Joe and Gregg shut it down, l is now ripping him.  I think he’s my least favorite Skins player in the Dan Snyder era.  

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

May i suggest them to send Dan and Bruce packing in Anchorage?

Also, if they want to force a name change, make sure it still starts with a "R"

What have the good people if Anchorage done to you?

Does anyone doubt Lavar? I certainly don’t. 

No one is coming out here claiming Snyder is raping people. Every little pocket of info dump that we get is that Snyder is an ass. 

What Lavar says, falls in line with that. Snyder just does not seem like a normal dude.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Snyder just does not seem like a normal dude.

I recently saw a gif of him dancing that would appear to contradict this. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like JP Finlay just left a Jay Gruden look alike contest.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP just accused someone else of talking without saying a lot. 

Why is everyone wearing capris?

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

You really think he looks casual in it?

No, I but I hoped someone would drop that beauty in again; it’s hideous but I can’t look away.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My fav has been this one, a classic

Dan really makes it look difficult to be a human. 

2EB707EB-9BA5-4682-B930-1EAFFFEA0324.gif

Standig article about Gruden but some good stuff in the mix about Bruce, too.  I don't agree with the whole Dan just wants to win bit which i mentioned there.  But I do think Bruce is an issue in his own right and they both bring out the worst in each other.   And clearly FAs are willing to come here if the money is right but if everything is about equal I can see agents pushing them elsewhere.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 7.15.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 7.16.05 PM.png

The Haskins narrative shows that Dan hasn't done a 180 and changed that much.  People like to pick on Russini.  But Keim, Hoffman, Finlay, Paulsen, Sheehan -- and national reporters all converge on a variation of that story.  Hopefully, this time Dan got it right.  The law of averages has to kick in at some point?  i like Haskins as a dude so I don't love him being embroiled in stories like this but again its what happens with this type of organizational structure.  

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Keep these videos of people ****ting on the Redskins coming.  I could watch this trainwreck all season.  Way more entertaining than the games.

It's like a never-ending buffet coming from all corners.  Now imagine if this week is followed up with a loss to the Dolphins?

Would be something as an owner and let’s say you trusted your scouts and GM, but really loved a Rodgers, Brees, Watson, or Wilson type to have your football people tell you no lol.

I mean, owners have been talked into Christian Ponder and Brady Quinn. 

Fascinating, I couldn’t imagine being in that role with knowing the professionals, the good ones are going to be right less than 50% of the time. Think about having just an average GM (which does not exist, because who knows what an average GM looks like lol). 

Oh and... Bruce Allen will be out at the end of the year. My prediction. 

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Would be something as an owner and let’s say you trusted your scouts and GM, but really loved a Rodgers, Brees, Watson, or Wilson type to have your football people tell you no lol.

I bet he does fully buy into his man crushes.  I do buy to an extent he's backed off some.  But the one position he has historically has had a hard time backing off is QB.  He loves himself those QBs.  I don't blame him considering how messing up that position has been the hallmark IMO of the team's struggles under him.

You'd think just dumb luck would strike at some point.  I am no Qb expert but if I had my hands in lets say 7 QBs or so and got them all wrong -- eventually you'd figure the law of averages would kick in. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/daniel-snyder-washington-redskins-owner-still-struggles-to-find-formula-for-success/2014/01/04/5d86bfa4-74a4-11e3-bc6b-712d770c3715_story.html

Prior to Shanahan, Snyder played a much more active role in the draft process, even traveling at times with his personnel officials to scout college players. In 2007, he had his heart set on drafting quarterback Brady Quinn out of Notre Dame. “It took a week or so to convince him that we shouldn’t do that,” one former staffer said. “Then he wanted Teddy Ginn,” an Ohio State wide receiver. Quinn has played for five teams in seven seasons, while Ginn has started just five games in the past four years.

The next season, still in need of a wide receiver, the team targeted Oklahoma’s Malcolm Kelly in the second round, though the medical staff had major health concerns. When they took Michigan State wideout Devin Thomas 34th overall before nabbing Kelly 17 picks later, they passed on Jordy Nelson, whom several others in the football operation preferred, according to someone who was with the team at the time. Hobbled by knee problems for two seasons, Kelly was released in 2011 after posting just 28 receptions. In six seasons with the Green Bay Packers since going 36th overall in the draft, Nelson has 302 catches for 4,590 yards and 36 touchdowns. This season, Nelson had career highs with 85 receptions for 1,314 yards.

“It’s hard to say that anyone can restrain him when he wants to do something,” said one former Snyder employee, who’d worked at Snyder Communications, of the Redskins owner. 

I’ve never wanted the Redskins to lose a game in my life but I’m praying they get rolled by the dolphins.  If that happens I’d pay money to see Bruce and Dan In their box at the end of the game.  

They have taken fans from being mad to being apathetic to now rooting against them.  It’s crazy.  

Archived