Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Timing, timing, timing...

At this current stage of the season is not appropriate to share there are issues and changes that need to be made. 

If nothing is said in form of accountability during off season, then 100% deserve criticism. 

-

I get the fans angst about Bruce still being in place.   Me among them.

At the same time, I think its plausible that they might move on from him in the off season after they secure the stadium.  I don't think its slam dunk.  but its certainly plausible that Dan intends to move on but wants to finish the stadium work.  Some also have said Bruce wants to leave on a high.  and the stadium would be a high.

Finlay thinks they are close to getting the stadium done.  The WP thinks otherwise.  I guess we will see. 

4 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

Tell us again why Allen is needed for the stadium deal that no one will want to pay for?!?!

Because Doofus Dan needs his politician and who better than his best buddy who already has his fantasy football team close to a title?

Lavar could and should have just stopped after the word 'ownership'.  I see his post football stint on the radio and NFLN has done nothing to help him not ramble endlessly.  The sad part is I thought this fool had buried the hatchet with Dan but he's now willing to shuck for a buck.

I'm sure all the guys in the studio were expecting something much more groundbreaking and coherent. 🤣

I just wish they would send some more respectable and articulate folks out to slam Dan is all.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the fans angst about Bruce still being in place.   Me among them.

At the same time, I think its plausible that they might move on from him in the off season after they secure the stadium.  I don't think its slam dunk.  but its certainly plausible that Dan intends to move on but wants to finish the stadium work.  Some also have said Bruce wants to leave on a high.  and the stadium would be a high.

Finlay thinks they are close to getting the stadium done.  The WP thinks otherwise.  I guess we will see. 

Can't someone just buy him a big bag of weed and we can call it a day?

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Lavar could and should have just stopped after the word 'ownership'.  I see his post football stint on the radio and NFLN has done nothing to help him not ramble endlessly.  The sad part is I thought this fool had buried the hatchet with Dan but he's now willing to shuck for a buck.

I'm sure all the guys in the studio were expecting something much more groundbreaking and coherent. 🤣

I just wish they would send some more respectable and articulate folks out to slam Dan is all.

LaVar is helping to pave the way. It's coming.

Ryen Russilo and Chris Long were fairly harsh on Snyder, but they didn't get too into details, on the Ryen Russilo Show the other day.

It's becoming a National thing. Snyder and Allen are getting absolutely crushed.

1 hour ago, mcgraw238 said:

I remember Marty used to really emphasize "DAN" each time he spoke of the owner

:ols:

Now we know why. Thank you, Mr. Schottenheimer.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's becoming a National thing. Snyder and Allen are getting absolutely crushed.

"Talk about me, good or bad, doesn't matter as long as you're talking about me" French saying from a late french TV commentator. I believe Bruce and Dan are living by this moto.

Damn, even restaurants are trolling us...

Redskins fans - it’s time to make the switch. Cross over to Maryland’s real NFL team. This Wednesday, we will offer 1 free crab cake if you turn in your Skins jersey and join the #RavensFlock! #HailToTheRavens

Any DMV football fans out there that want to be cheer for a real franchise and want to stay cheering for a real football franchise and don’t want to have to worry about an owner trying to be all in the war room, all on the field dancing, come to the #RavensFlock!

It's almost as if they don't realize the culture is damn good.

For anyone still reaching to defend Bruce's work here in Washington, think about this for a moment...

Since when, ever in the history of football, has the midseason firing of a coach, ever led to the slaughter of a GM after his press conference, like it has here?

It's never happened.  It's unprecedented.  That's how terrible this dude is.

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel like Snyder would move the team before he sells it. 

Even if he wanted to move the team, he doesn't have the final say in it, 24 of the 32 owners have to approve of the relocation.  Not to mention that the teams franchise value jumped up 10% from 2018 (worth 3.7 billion) and is ranked 7th on the most valuable teams of 2019 list.  And despite the ****ing circus going on and ****ty play on the field, lower attendance, etc. they still bring in almost $500 million in revenue ($493 million projected this year).  

I don't see any way, even if there isn't a new stadium deal completed, that 24 owners vote for any relocation for the Redskins.  They make too much revenue and I doubt they want to move a team from the Nation's capital and DC market.  

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

don't see any way, even if there isn't a new stadium deal completed, that 24 owners vote for any relocation for the Redskins.  They make too much revenue and I doubt they want to move a team from the Nation's capital and DC market. 

Unless they feel like they can put the Dan Snyder team in a secondary market like St. Louis or Oakland, and bring the Jags Into DC.   And maybe change the name of the Skins to something else in the process.  

I could see that combo move as being ... interesting to the league.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wonder if Bruce actually thinks that fans believe anything he says.  

Or if Bruce believes that because of his name fans really like him and it’s just the losing, which is just temporary?

the guy is clearly delusional. 

Bruce probably pays 11 people to call in to a private podcast & praise him. 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Even if he wanted to move the team, he doesn't have the final say in it, 24 of the 32 owners have to approve of the relocation.  Not to mention that the teams franchise value jumped up 10% from 2018 (worth 3.7 billion) and is ranked 7th on the most valuable teams of 2019 list.  And despite the ****ing circus going on and ****ty play on the field, lower attendance, etc. they still bring in almost $500 million in revenue ($493 million projected this year).  

I don't see any way, even if there isn't a new stadium deal completed, that 24 owners vote for any relocation for the Redskins.  They make too much revenue and I doubt they want to move a team from the Nation's capital and DC market.  

Yes, but No.

Owners tend to not think about the money they are making. They tend to think about money they could or should make. They just want more money.

So looking at it from your point of view, everything's fine.

Still, TV revenue from DC areas are going down. Fans are calling it quit. 500M is a lot of money for us around here. For owners, they do look at Redskins as a brand that used to be toe to toe with the Cowboys who made 950M last year or something. So basically, the mess Snyder and Bruce has made out of the team is costing them around 400M or something. And that is not really acceptable to their standards. (and btw, the revenue share is made mostly by the Cowboys or Patriots)

There's been many report that other owners within the NFL are being concerned of what's going on in DC. Mind you, opposing fans invading FedEx Field each time is really a bad signal send to the NFL because it reflects how the DC Market value the NFL. And that doesn't look good at all.

Pretty sure, many of them thinks they should get more revenues out of DC. That's Washington we're talking about, Nation's Capital. Not Jacksonville...

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Unless they feel like they can put the Dan Snyder team in a secondary market like St. Louis or Oakland, and bring the Jags Into DC.   And maybe change the name of the Skins to something else in the process.  

I’d like to be called the cumberbuns.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

May i suggest them to send Dan and Bruce packing in Anchorage?

Also, if they want to force a name change, make sure it still starts with a "R"

Archived