Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saints vs. Redskins Post Game Assessments

Burgold

5 minutes ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

He plays fullback on those plays. In what world do you not have him lead block on short yardage?

By going I Formation, straight up the Gut? Singleback formation straight up the gut? QB sneak straight up the gut? QB sneak in shotgun formation because if we're going to do something stupid, let's do it in style? Main point is, make the play fast, and don't leave a major weak link in your offense as your only hope of succeeding. We chose a slow developing play, and we got crushed for it.

Thinking about Niles out there as the lead blocker reminds me. 'Member Darrel Young?

I think Gruden summed up the game in one of his post game interviews. He moved away from some plays that worked because he wanted to spread the ball around.

My opinion: This team is skitzo, because the coach is. 

Here's the facts by comparison:

Gibbs would find what works and stick with it until an opponent stops it.

This day and age, you find that with Belichick.

Gruden is all over the place. It was like that in my hometown of Cincinnati. It's like that now. Every week, there's a clear questionable call.

I just saw a short yardage third down play by the Eagles. There was no hesitation with the hand off, no elaborate blocking scheme. Just all down hill - blocking and running. Result - First ****ing down!

Here's an obvious observation: The object of the game is to score. The fastest route to the end zone is not horizontal, its vertical!

Somehow it seems Gruden believes otherwise. 

Beyond my beef with this coaching philosophy, this team lacks focus when focus is needed. Mental mistakes always seems to be a part of this teams make up. Some would call it their MO. If teams stay close, all they need to do is wait for a Skins mistake to bail them out. 

In Basketball, we have a term called "self check". A player is called "self check" because you can leave them alone on the court because they won't make a play or they'll **** a play up. 

The Redskins are football's version of "self check". Other teams in the league get outplayed. The Redskins **** games up. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

To a HOF qb known for doing just that.

Don't excuse that pathetic display of football the defense played. They did the exact same thing last week when Keenum racked up 21 points in like 2 minutes around halftime. Their 2 minute defense is by far the worst in the league. 

Such a great game except for the finish.  Thought Cousins was terrific and Gruden called a good game.  Just a complete meltdown at the end. Unbelievable really.  Hate to mention the defense after such a great game earlier but seemed to have a complete meltdown at the end.  So unfortunate.  Also, the miscommunication on offense at the end of regulation...well, you couldn't make up anything worse.  I was in complete shock and so disappointing after 50+ minutes of doing so well.  I was so upset after such a meltdown but the positives are, Cousins played great, Perine (sp?) did well in relief, the tight-end/receivers seemed to pick up the slack and Gruden called a good game.  The team seems snake-bitten and it is unfortunate.

17 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Defense gave up 215 yards and 18 points in the Saints' last 15 plays. 215 yards in 5:14. 

Let that **** sink in. 

that's astounding...hall should not even pick up his paycheck cause he didn't earn one today. 

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

that's astounding...hall should not even pick up his paycheck cause he didn't earn one today. 

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

Yep. They got a problem on two fronts. DHall is done and the Monte can't stay healthy.

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

They also cost us a field goal attempt to win the game....that was not "Intentional Grounding". http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding those are the rules there is not one angle or anything on that play where cousins was under pressure what occurred was an offensive miscue which is not a penalty.

Agreed. By todays interpretation, Brees should have been called for IG every time he spiked the ball to stop the clock.

Saw a locker room interview with Sprinkle. Here comes Niles Paul smilin' and joking about Sprinkle's TD. You loss the game and you didn't block **** on a play your team needed. That's the **** that pains me, beyond the **** that takes place on the field game after game!!!

At least act like you're not used to losing....****!

**** 'em

30 minutes ago, tshile said:

To a HOF qb known for doing just that.

Are you serious? Brees always erase 15 point leads in just over 3 minutes? I'm willing to bet that our win probability was in the high 90s before we collapsed.

8 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Saw a locker room interview with Sprinkle. Here comes Niles Paul smilin' and joking about Sprinkle's TD. You loss the game and you didn't block **** on a play your team needed. That's the **** that pains me, beyond the **** that takes place on the field game after game!!!

That's the kind of culture Gruden has created. I bet you won't see that in NE or Seattle.

4 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Agreed. By todays interpretation, Brees should have been called for IG every time he spiked the ball to stop the clock.

You can do that when you’re under center and the clock is running.  Cousins was in shotgun and the clock wasn’t running.  Based on the replay it looked pretty clear Kirk didn’t like the look the defense gave him for the play call and wanted to reset.  He shouldn’t have been so obvious with what he was doing.  

1 minute ago, dyst said:

The sooner people realize we are not a good team the easier it will be for your health. We suck.

My sentiments exactly. I normally don't watch the team play. I watched today while taking care of something else and still got pissed. 

It's definitely NFL Mobile moving forward. I hate it because I love football. But I also realize I'm a bit overly competitive. I hate to lose or be apart of it - directly or indirectly. So I'm separating from the losing I can't control. This team embodies losing.

Gruden didn't like Alfred Morris' running style. He didn't like Mack Brown's style. Now look what you got. Shiiiiiit!!

Perine ran well, but do think he's going to be good at picking up blitzes or catching ball consistently out of the back field....at a level they need? Hell nah!!

49 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I was just gonna post something similar. Coaches have to know what their players can and can't do. If we lose a game because Trent Williams fails to throw a deep out, it's not because he screwed up or because of bad luck, it's that the coach didn't put his players in position to win.

Equating Trent throwing a deep out with your Hback playing fullback is ...not the same.

6 minutes ago, drowland said:

You can do that when you’re under center and the clock is running.  Cousins was in shotgun and the clock wasn’t running.  Based on the replay it looked pretty clear Kirk didn’t like the look the defense gave him for the play call and wanted to reset.  He shouldn’t have been so obvious with what he was doing.  

Has an explanation of the IG been given by KC or JG post game?  Watching it live, I thought one of the receivers ran the wrong route, leading KC to throw a pass toward the sideline with nobody being there

12 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Brees always erase 15 point leads in just over 3 minutes?

Yes

Obviously the intent of my statement was that Brees always overcomes 15 point deficits in 3 minutes.

Well done.

15 minutes ago, dyst said:

The sooner people realize we are not a good team the easier it will be for your health. We suck.

I don't know that we suck...

We've had some good games, even when we lose, against respectable teams (Vikings saints and Kansas city comes to mind)

And we beat a good team on the road while seriously inured in seattle

So no, we don't suck.

We're just not that good. Mediocre. Maybe slightly above mediocre.

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yes

Obviously the intent of my statement was that Brees always overcomes 15 point deficits in 3 minutes.

Well done.

I don't know that we suck...

We've had some good games, even when we lose, against respectable teams (Vikings saints and Kansas city comes to mind)

And we beat a good team on the road while seriously inured in seattle

So no, we don't suck.

We're just not that good. Mediocre. Maybe slightly above mediocre.

???. 4-6 isn't even mediocre. We're a bad team. We just have competitive losses.

Archived