Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 49ers Post Game Assessments

Burgold

Just now, mistertim said:

The issue is that he's consistently inconsistent. He plays very up and down this way more often than not. And I'm not even going to get into the Brady comparisons again...that horse has been beaten to death and buried and you digging up its corpse will do nothing but cause a stench.

Again, there's nothing wrong with RB screens or dumps if they're there and working, but coming out and just saying "he had 330 yards and 3 TDs" gives a misleading impression IMO that he was airing it out and making tons of plays through the air which really wasn't the case. One nice intermediate throw to Doc, one RB dumpoff that Perine took in for the score. The read option was nice but has nothing to do with how he looked passing the ball which, IMO, was very mediocre overall.

LOL again that word again, consistent.

SHOW ME a QB who has this level of consistency you and others are preaching. SHOW me the QB who scores on every drive, never misses a throw, audibles into every perfect counter play, sees every blitz, etc. etc. Show me. Yeah, you can't. Because that guy doesn't exist outside of Madden on XBox.

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

It's not an argument.  You made it into an argument.  Have a good day. 

It IS an argument because you're using that to argue your point that Cousins had a C game. You can't actually prove it, it means nothing.

I live in a world of reason and intellect. I want information and data, not random nonsense.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm still trying to figure out what was up with those two deep balls on consecutive plays in the 2nd.

My guess trying to hit Vernon Davis deep. Remember, we did hit deep Davis on that last TD drive.

People don't seem to get that deep shots are extremely low %. Most teams will only hit one per game, maybe two if you got a guy like prime Randy Moss.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

LOL again that word again, consistent.

SHOW ME a QB who has this level of consistency you and others are preaching. SHOW me the QB who scores on every drive, never misses a throw, audibles into every perfect counter play, sees every blitz, etc. etc. Show me. Yeah, you can't. Because that guy doesn't exist outside of Madden on XBox.

SHOW me where I said Kirk or any QB had to score on every drive, can never miss a throw, always audibles perfect counters plays and sees every blitz. I'm talking about an overall pattern of him being very inconsistent from week to week and even from drive to drive that has been there for some time. I'm hardly the first person in here or other places (analysts, sportscasters, etc) to notice it and mention it. But I'm sure they're all just "Kirk haters".

Yet you decide to go for the straw man and claim that I'm saying he has to be perfect. He doesn't. But it would be nice if he would put together complete games more often and not look like a completely different QB from drive to drive. 

To be honest, I've really just accepted that it's who he is. I'd still like him here long term and hopefully there won't be teams willing to part with tons of money for him next season and he'll stick around.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

SHOW me where I said Kirk or any QB had to score on every drive, can never miss a throw, always audibles perfect counters plays and sees every blitz. I'm talking about an overall pattern of him being very inconsistent from week to week and even from drive to drive that has been there for some time. I'm hardly the first person in here or other places (analysts, sportscasters, etc) to notice it and mention it. But I'm sure they're all just "Kirk haters".

Yet you decide to go for the straw man and claim that I'm saying he has to be perfect. He doesn't. But it would be nice if he would put together complete games more often and not look like a completely different QB from drive to drive. 

To be honest, I've really just accepted that it's who he is. I'd still like him here long term and hopefully there won't be teams willing to part with tons of money for him next season and he'll stick around.

He did put together a complete game. Every QB has ups and downs during the course of every game. You'll go crazy if you sit there trying to nitpick and agonize all his mistakes in an effort to justify your position that he isn't good or isn't worth the money.

We have a very good if not borderline elite franchise QB. Be happy and stop flaw hunting.

Not to take this away from the Kirk talk, but there was an under the radar play, or lack there of, which I was ecstatic to see. On the last drive, 2nd and 20, the 9ers attempted a short dumpoff to Hyde up the sideline. The ball was overthrown and Hyde couldnt reach it, but swearinger was coming in HOT. As we know, he lives to lay the lumber, but he pulled up and avoided contact. When we signed him I figured he'd be good for a personal foul a game due to the intensity that he plays with, so the fact that he had his head on his shoulders in a clutch moment really impressed me... it made up for the dumb garcon face push earlier.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

He did put together a complete game. Every QB has ups and downs during the course of every game. You'll go crazy if you sit there trying to nitpick and agonize all his mistakes in an effort to justify your position that he isn't good or isn't worth the money.

We have a very good if not borderline elite franchise QB. Be happy and stop flaw hunting.

Pointing stuff out in a thread where the whole purpose is to point stuff out isn't flaw hunting. I'm pointing out what I see. You see different things. That's fine. We both want him here but probably not for the same money. You think he's borderline elite, I think he's good to very good. Difference of opinion. And honestly, not really interested in rehashing this debate over and over in here anymore. We've both said our piece. 

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It IS an argument because you're using that to argue your point that Cousins had a C game. You can't actually prove it, it means nothing.

I live in a world of reason and intellect. I want information and data, not random nonsense.

Intangibles are certainly part of the equation when evaluating whether or not to pay a QB top 5 money.  I consider leadership to be an intangible.  I've said that I want to sign Kirk to a long term deal.  I understand to do that, we will have to make him one of the highest paid players in the league.  I am fine with that.

Is leadership not a real thing in the world of reason and intellect where you dwell?

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Intangibles are certainly part of the equation when evaluating whether or not to pay a QB top 5 money.  I consider leadership to be an intangible.  I've said that I want to sign Kirk to a long term deal.  I understand to do that, we will have to make him one of the highest paid players in the league.  I am fine with that.

Is leadership not a real thing in the world of reason and intellect where you dwell?

Of course it is, but what proof do you have that he's not a leader?

When the game was on the line, he got the guys to step up and make plays.

25 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Perine is the worst starting RB in the NFL right now. Source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb

Yea perine is quickly proving to not be anything special. RB isn't like many other positions, you pretty much know what you're working with quickly. His second effort on a big 3rd and 1 pickup was impressive, but overall he doesn't bring much to the table. I hate to say it because he seems like alf 2.0, humble and hard working, but if he doesn't start showing something some burst and vision he'll need to drop down the depth chart. 

All that being said, I'm not going to be overly critical of our run game in this one, the 9ers are top 5 only giving up 3.4 avg.

19 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

So, at what point will the NFL say this is a no-no?

Very quickly.  In a normal year our guys would get away with it, but NFL viewers are already extremely angry over [redacted -- see Politics section] and this has just fueled the flames.  Look for fines to be announced this week.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think people need to grasp that this year in particular, the NFL is very close and very parody ridden. Nobody really stands out as being great. The Eagles are hot right now, but even they had to kick a 60 yard FG to beat the awful Giants at home and were in a dogfight against the terrible Chargers.

People need to actually watch the league, not just the Redskins.

I watch plenty. 90% of the league is stuck in the ooze of mediocrity 

i just hoped the Skins were maybe in the 10%. I was wrong 

Teams are taking away Reed and Crowder and daring us to throw at Pryor and Doctson. Tho it def seems that Crowder isn't 100%. Kirk needs to get in a rapport with Doctson. Once that happens the offense will be fine. I'm beginning to thing Pryor is a lost cause. We might as well just chuck it deep to him whem he is 1on1 vs a corner.

Was it just me or did anyone else notice the ref threw the flag before Nicholsen touched the receiver?  

Was watching it with the sound off so couldn't tell if the penalty ended up being on him or someone else.  But on the replay, it definitely looked like the ref had his mind made up that there would be a flag before that play even ended

13 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Was it just me or did anyone else notice the ref threw the flag before Nicholsen touched the receiver?  

Was watching it with the sound off so couldn't tell if the penalty ended up being on him or someone else.  But on the replay, it definitely looked like the ref had his mind made up that there would be a flag before that play even ended

There was a defensive holding that occured right before the hit

This talk of Cousins needing to be consistent from drive to drive nonsense is laughable.  I really do get the impression that your only exposure to watching other teams play is in the form of highlights.  There is not a QB playing that doesn't have bad drives, over/under throws, etc. nearly every game.  It's rare that even Tom Brady or Rodgers have games where they are just on fire through the whole game.  The other side gets paid too.  

On a completely unrelated note, I have absolutely no faith in Hopkins.  I don't trust the way he tries to shape the ball on nearly every kick.  I realize kickers miss kicks, but I'm holding my breath on his makes.

Archived