Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 49ers Post Game Assessments

Burgold

This felt like a bad win as much as the Chiefs game felt like a good loss.  Reality is the Redskins are mediocre.  They find ways to beat bad teams but aren't good enough to beat the good teams.  That win against the Raiders doesn't look as good as it did a few weeks ago.

i don't have much confidence the Redskins can beat the Eagles next week.  But they may compete for a wild card spot.  The NFL is such a roller coaster ride. 

Hello...you there McFly....I said it before and I'll say it again...

THE 49ERS ARE NOT BROKE. They lost most of there games by 3 or less. As Gruden said to the team. That 49ers team could easily have been 4-1. Look at their previous games.

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

THE 49ERS ARE NOT BROKE. They lost most of there games by 3 or less. As Gruden said to the team. That 49ers team could easily have been 4-1. Look at their previous games.

The good news is that I remember us being the almost team. The one in which week in/week out we could see the one or two plays that would have made our misery wins. Those almost teams so often ended in 6-10 seasons or worse. I'm glad to be on the flip side of that equation. It causes stress, but I'd rather have the stress of winning close than the distress of almost winning.

Just now, Burgold said:

The good news is that I remember us being the almost team. The one in which week in/week out we could see the one or two plays that would have made our misery wins. Those almost teams so often ended in 6-10 seasons or worse. I'm glad to be on the flip side of that equation. It causes stress, but I'd rather have the stress of winning close than the distress of almost winning.

Couldn't agree more

7 minutes ago, Xameil said:

You are what your record says you are.

3 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Really like hearing Portis say right now 

Exactly.  Most fans do no research other teams.  They are without a doubt an atypical 0-5 team.  Some of our players were all laughter and conversations when we went up 14-0.  But they did what they have done all year - played it to the wire.  Just glad their first win did not come against us.

Well thats just it.  I dont think just as a fan when analyzing good quality football.  There is a HOF highly respected former coach by the name of Bill Parcells that said, "you ARE what your record SAYS you are".  I will take the view of how a hall of fame coach thinks over a fan glossing over meaningless comparisons.

Let them play against the Eagles like that and see how THAT turns out for us.  We will be blown out by 30 points if we play like we did today.

24 minutes ago, Xameil said:

You all do realize that even tho this team was 0-5 it could have easily been 4-1. Most of the games they lost were close or were in overtime.

This team.is not as bad as their record says.

They're bottom tier in every stat whether that's normal box score or advanced stats like PFF

stop trying to make that **** team that came into the year wanting to suck into something they are not 

Just now, Xameil said:

Couldn't agree more

On the other hand, I really don't have anything against blowouts and cakewalks. Those are so much fun.

A game where you are laughing and smiling the whole game and just whooping your voice raw is a good thing. We need more of that. I think we've only done it once this year and ironically it was a team that no one gave us a chance against.

Just now, Burgold said:

On the other hand, I really don't have anything against blowouts and cakewalks. Those are so much fun.

A game where you are laughing and smiling the whole game and just whooping your voice raw is a good thing. We need more of that. I think we've only done it once this year and ironically it was a team that no one gave us a chance against.

Also.completely agreed... since we arr Redskins fans...blowouts don't happen. And when they do, they are either in Osaka, and/or we lose miserably the next week

1 minute ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

There is a HOF highly respected former coach by the name of Bill Parcells that said, "you ARE what your record SAYS you are".  I will take the view of how a hall of fame coach thinks over a fan glossing over meaningless comparisons.

Doesn't our record for the day say "WIN"...? Isn't that what goes onto our scorecard? Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

They're bottom tier in every stat whether that's normal box score or advanced stats like PFF

stop trying to make that **** team that came into the year wanting to suck into something they are not 

Get your head out of....nvrmind. go back and watch the games...they were in all but 1 of their games

3 minutes ago, Csup said:

You are what your record says you are.

Disagree...if you are in every game and have 1 play or ref call that ****s you up..you are unlucky....not what your record says you are.

This is the NFL. Blowouts almost never happen. Look at the games today. Just about every game was either a one score game or was basically a one score game until the last ~5 minutes, with the exception of Browns-Texans(the Browns are just god awful). You don't just win by 5 TDs, that's not how professional football is right now, unless I guess you're playing against the Browns.

I do think the D went into a bit of a soft shell after the 49ers switched QBs. There was no reason to fear Beathard as much as we did and after they got to 17-10 we clearly changed things up and played more aggressively, but do remember at one point we were down to our #3 and #4 CBs. The D's gameplan clearly had to change to account for that.

The offense was good today. We put up 26 points(should have been 27). The Cousins pick wasn't even that bad, if there's ever a fine interception that's it(it was 3rd and 12 and they got the ball at their own 20, it was essentially a punt). Davis's fumble should have been overruled, I don't know WTF is a fumble anymore in today's NFL. Cousins stepped up when he had to late which is exactly what we all say we want. This is now the 2nd time already this season he's delivered what is in essence game winning drives in the 4th quarter(would be 3rd time if not for Doc's drop vs. KC). Cousins is an elite QB. Time for people to grasp that.

After the 9er tied it on that fumble the offense scored on consecutive drives that should have put the game away. Unfortunately the D kinda had a brainfart moment which happens when you have as much youth as we had out there. We had two rookies in Nicholson and Moreau and clearly someone screwed up. Safe to say if that was say Norman and Swearinger we'd have been okay.

We got the W. The 49ers have played teams tough, their combined margin of defeat after Week 1 is 13 points. We nutted up when we had to late and won in an NFL where there is more parody now then there has EVER been.

Time to move on to Philly.

Can someone explain to me what a “hit to a defenseless player” is? On that first big penalty in the 1st against Montae, how was that a penalty?

The QB threw the pass, hit the receiver in the hands and Montae lead with his shoulder (I think) and hit the receiver in the chest/shoulder.

To me defenseless player would be if the guy wasn’t even involved in the play or if it never even hit has hands etc.

6 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Doesn't our record for the day say "WIN"...? Isn't that what goes onto our scorecard? Am I missing something?

Yes it does.  But im addressing the people who are trying to gas up the 49ers to make us look good.  The ones sitting here trying to convince well educated people that the 49ers are a "good team".  **** is hilarious.

1 minute ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Yes it does.  But im addressing the people who are trying to gas up the 49ers to make us look good.  The ones sitting here trying to convince well educated people that the 49ers are a "good team".  **** is hilarious.

They aren't a good team, but in the NFL, the difference between good and bad is pretty slim.

You don't just blow teams out by 5 TDs in the NFL. Actually WATCH other games, look at the scores. EVERY game this week was either a one score game at final, or was a one score game until about ~5 minutes to play(Jags/Rams, Saints/Lions). The exceptions were Browns/Texans, i mean yeah okay the Browns are awful and everyone good will crush them, and Pack/Vikings, and that's because Rodgers got hurt.

The Pats were supposed to blow out the Jets. They won by 7. The Falcons were also up 17 at home against a bad team in the Dolphins, but blew it and actually LOST the game. The Chiefs lost at home to the Steelers, the same Steelers who were blown out just last week by the Jags(who coincidentally lost at home to the Rams, a team we beat in their house by the way).

Welcome to the NFL in 2017. Ultimate parody.

2 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Well thats just it.  I dont think just as a fan when analyzing good quality football.  There is a HOF highly respected former coach by the name of Bill Parcells that said, "you ARE what your record SAYS you are".  I will take the view of how a hall of fame coach thinks over a fan glossing over meaningless comparisons.

Let them play against the Eagles like that and see how THAT turns out for us.  We will be blown out by 30 points if we play like we did today.

And really Parcell's is simply saying your record determines your advancement at the end of the day.  I liked him too. Pretty blunt about that.   But is that exactly what we are discussing? Sure your record determines who goes into the playoffs which is of course the goal for any team but you can't overlook any team in this league any more - which was my point.  Especially after watching the niners play a couple of game. Teams that stay around in every game like the niners have this year have the opportunity to take any game from any team.  Period.  

We had so many rookies and second year guys in our secondary I think your bigger concern for next week should be what defense are we fielding? Are going to be depending upon on rookies and second year players in Philthy? Right now it looks like we might be.  Because we are as depleted right now.  It makes it a different squad.  

5 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

No one.is gassing them up...we are realists and actually watch other games. You however just look at record...and therefore prove how much non-knowledge you have...seeing as tho you named yourself after a broken machine...makes perfect sense mister double nickles.

On to philfy

Had to edit...phone spell corrected it for some reason

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Gruden - C

Defense - B

Kirk - C

Game Day Thread - F

330 yards, 3 TDs, and he gets a C.

I hope you don't teach in real life.

Just now, Xameil said:

No one.is gassing them up...we are realists and actually watch other games. You however just look at record...and therefore prove how much non-knowledge you have...seeing as tho you named yourself after a broken machine...makes perfect sense mister double buckles.

On to philfy

I'm surprised the mods haven't banned him again. He used to go by that Brian Mitchell name. He's been busted multiple times.

I think it boils down to this: would you rather see The Redskins look like a monster (and lose), or would you rather look flawed, ordinary at times & Win?

In other words, do you want Week 4 results or today's results?

Folks, it's about Wins and losses.  We Won today.  THAT'S what matters.

Archived