Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 49ers Post Game Assessments

Burgold

58 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think Kirk is average at the deep ball.  DJax helped to make him look better than he is and the guys we have now make him look worse.

Kirk is above average with the deep ball though that is more a lament that few QBs are good with the deep ball.  You do have a different style when your primary deep ball threat is a DJax versus say a Docston.  DJax you just put the ball out as far as you can and you usually just overthrow him at worse.  Guys like Docston you probably underthrow the ball and risk an int.

1 hour ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

The way the Cowboys are dismantling the 49ers changes the way I feel about our game just a bit. That's what we should have done if we were real contenders. 

I agree. The 49ers took us to the wire AT HOME!! The cowboys go on he road and put up 40? 

We are pretenders big time. 

33 minutes ago, rdskn4eva said:

I agree. The 49ers took us to the wire AT HOME!! The cowboys go on he road and put up 40? 

Well, with that logic we beat the Rams who beat the Cowboys... So what's that mean?

1 hour ago, rdskn4eva said:

Yeah....that's not how the NFL works at all. Every week is its own completely seperate entity.

I mean we beat the Rams in LA and they beat the Cowboys in Dallas. We crushed the Raiders who beat the Chiefs who beat us.

The NFL is a strange beast.

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

The Chiefs should have dominated the Raiders like we did if they were real contenders.

Chiefs look to me like they came out flat against the Raiders.  Their offense started to get it going but their defense didnt get it going and let them down.  I know the Chiefs are still kicking themselves for giving away that game to such a weak team.

But the Chiefs are STILL real contenders, dont let that let-down game fool you!

13 hours ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

The way the Cowboys are dismantling the 49ers changes the way I feel about our game just a bit. That's what we should have done if we were real contenders. 

Im trying to remember who the 2 posters were that tried to convince us all that the 49ers were this "very good team" after we struggled to beat them in our own house.  They got trashed by a Cowboys team with a very inexperienced and sorry Cowboys defense IN San Francisco.

How good are those 0-7 49ers again?  I'll wait.....?

On 10/17/2017 at 5:38 PM, Warhead36 said:

Cousins led the league in air yards last year.

No QB hits deep throws that often in the NFL. You get maybe one per game. They're very low percentage.

And he's 24th in the league right now with bombs to Pryor and Doctson in his 5 games. Skins had 234 YAC out of Cousin's 330 passing yards last week.

Jackson is definitely missed, he's one of the all time greats at tracking deep balls, but being at last week's game, I also noticed Kirk checking down quickly, and not going downfield to open receivers. Not sure if it's a trust issue, but Doctson was well open a couple times, and Pryor one that I distinctly remember, but Kirk opted for the easier throw. Niles Paul was also WIDE open in the back of the end zone on the 3rd down incompletion to Pryor. Resulted in chip shot field goal instead of a 24-17 lead early 4th quarter.

29 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Im trying to remember who the 2 posters were that tried to convince us all that the 49ers were this "very good team" after we struggled to beat them in our own house.  They got trashed by a Cowboys team with a very inexperienced and sorry Cowboys defense IN San Francisco.

How good are those 0-7 49ers again?  I'll wait.....?

I didn't see anyone say they were a very good team, so I can't speak on that.

With that said, it's a week to week league where there are many variables to winning and losing.  The 49ers spotted the Cowboys 7 on the opening kickoff.   Always a pivotal ingredient in an ass whooping.  The Cowboys also had a week to game plan for a rookie QB.  I'm pretty sure we crushed the will of the 49ers last week and helped the Cowboys out.

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

With that said, it's a week to week league where there are many variables to winning and losing.  The 49ers spotted the Cowboys 7 on the opening kickoff.   Always a pivotal ingredient in an ass whooping.  The Cowboys also had a week to game plan for a rookie QB.  I'm pretty sure we crushed the will of the 49ers last week and helped the Cowboys out.

Not to mention the coach of the 49ers had a little extra incentive to go after the Redskins.

As you said, a week-to-week league.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Oh trust me.  These two particular posters were building the 49ers up like they were some sort of very good team that hung in there tough with other teams and scrapped it out and only loss by 3 or less points in 5 straight games, etc, etc, etc....

The 49ers suck period.  You squash bad teams like a bug, period.  You dont struggle and luckily pull out a victory against teams like this.  You see what we did to the Raiders?  Thats what you supposed to do to garbage teams if you want to be considered a real contender.

With that said, there is no such thing as a good team with a 0-7 or 1-6 record.  Stevie Wonder can see that....

Every week in the NFL is its own seperate entity with its own set of circumstances.

The Pats lost at home to the Panthers. The same Panthers that just lost to the Bears despite Trebisky completing a whooping four passes.

The Steelers got demolished at home by the Jags who previously had lost to the Jets. They then turn around and beat the then undefeated Chiefs in KC.

Trying to say one team is good or bad based on how they did vs. the same team in different weeks is an exercise in foolishness.

So we're still thrilled about beating the Raiders and the Rams because the Raiders were good last season and the Rams have a good record this season, but the 49ers game doesn't matter because records don't matter, the 49ers are a better team than their record shows, except for when Dallas beat them? And records also count for the Chiefs game because they are a good team, except for them losing to the Raiders. That loss doesn't count.

Okay, got it. Just wanted to get that straight. Just as long as it isn't that we're a middling team that plays well or badly every so often. That would take serious mental gymnastics to justify.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Okay, got it. Just wanted to get that straight. Just as long as it isn't that we're a middling team that plays well or badly every so often. That would take serious mental gymnastics to justify.

I think it's more about the fact that it's hard to put a lot of stock in any one matchup, win or lose.  The parity is greater than ever in the league and no team really sticks out as elite at this point.  It appears to be a league full of 'middling' teams.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Every week in the NFL is its own seperate entity with its own set of circumstances.

The Pats lost at home to the Panthers. The same Panthers that just lost to the Bears despite Trebisky completing a whooping four passes.

The Steelers got demolished at home by the Jags who previously had lost to the Jets. They then turn around and beat the then undefeated Chiefs in KC.

Trying to say one team is good or bad based on how they did vs. the same team in different weeks is an exercise in foolishness.

Well to the intelligent people calling the 49ers a good team after we beat them is a bigger exercise in foolishness.

21 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Well to the intelligent people calling the 49ers a good team after we beat them is a bigger exercise in foolishness.

Definitely wouldn't call them a 'good' team, but I think they have a good dline, pretty good linebackers, good safeties, a good oline, and pretty good runningbacks.  Sometimes having good units can often (to some degree) mask the weaknesses of a pretty poor qb, other times they can't.  And even not very good qbs occasionally have good games.  Point being, they're competitive as well as young and growing.  

I'm hopeful that Riggins is right that the bye week lead to us playing a bit flat, and that this is still a 'good' team.  If some of our receivers can pick up the pace a bit and our corners get healthy, I'll regain some of my confidence in this team.  

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I'm hopeful that Riggins is right that the bye week lead to us playing a bit flat, and that this is still a 'good' team.  If some of our receivers can pick up the pace a bit and our corners get healthy, I'll regain some of my confidence in this team.  

Combo of the bye week, taking our foot off the gas, and losing practically our entire secondary. When Dunbar is your most experienced and possibly best corner out there and you have to rely on a sixth round rookie who has otherwise been inactive every game... you're going to suffer some rough patches.

Archived