Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Me and my fiancée talked about this last night.

She said the moment she let Ansari give her head, was the moment she didn’t feel for the victim. Letting someone go down on you is consent in her eyes.

Ansari is a creep but this was probably more about a humiliation outing than actually being a victim.

I mirror those thoughts and actually after reading her full account, I believe her vague non-verbal cues made mostly after he'd performed oral sex on her, gave him the impression she was uncomfortable with intercourse but fine with everything else. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Destino said:

Like your fiancee, my wife didn't think it described anything non consensual either.  She thought it read like embarrassing gossip about how awkward Aziz was, not something that described an assault.

I thought the Atlantic Article went a little far though.  It had a sense of a little frustration towards young feminists that had been looking for a reason to vent itself. 

Ashleigh Banfield on HLN ripped her a new one saying she tried to turn what essentially amounts to a bad date into something more and this does a disservice to the #MeToo movement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Ashleigh Banfield on HLN ripped her a new one saying she tried to turn what essentially amounts to a bad date into something more and this does a disservice to the #MeToo movement.

Some women don't get the fact that giving in to sexual advances does not make a man fall in love with them. In fact, its often the opposite. She sounds like somebody desperate for attention and love, who is willing to endure anything to get it, only to be disappointed again and finally bubbling over with frustration. Most men are dogs looking for a cheap conquest. It sucks when you are treated like an object to satisfy a want instead of a person.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

i think some of these cases definitely have that effect. alot of bad dates, he or she was persistent so the other person just gave in kind of stuff. even the matt lauer story was odd, but at least he was in a clear position of power, so i dunno. 

was there a thread about the 'mattress girl' (emma sulkowicz) allegations? that case was fascinating. 

The fallout from the Aziz situation is unexpectedly energetic.  There are a lot of women apparently disagreeing with the young feminists "leaders" on this.  There is no shortage of people reacting to the story by wondering why this is being included in #metoo at all.  They see a bad sex experience and nothing that looks like assault.  Feminists blogs are at odds with their own curated (so not trolls) comment sections.  Twitter is raging anytime the discussion comes up.  Feminists are accusing other feminists of supporting MRA's and rape culture.  The best one though has to be "internalized misogyny."  That's an impressive example of gas lighting.  What else could you call arguing that those holding contrary opinions aren't just wrong, but brain washing victims incapable of perceiving the situation correctly?  As far as insults go that's a doozy.

It also seems that I'm operating on an out dated dictionary because I've seen the word coercion used constantly when there is absolutely no threat or force present.  This would mean that coercion is now just a sinister sounding synonym for persuasion.  Weird. 

Babe.net or whatever the site was that landed this story really put themselves on the map with it.  Every major media outlet and blog seem to be discussing it.  I bet Aziz wishes it would all just hurry up and go away though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is courage the right word?  Courage implies fear and the time for fear has long since passed.  This is something else.  It's a moment where these women can look that monster in the eye, tell him exactly what they think of him, and feel the long overdue satisfaction of seeing him made powerless.  Good for them. 

• Like 1