Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

20 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

The cynical side of me doesn’t think anyone is forcing Richardson to sell because he pinched his secretary on the behind.  I think this is cover for forcing a sale when the market is high and recouping a nice windfall for the Richardson family.  That old pig hearted ****er is crazy like a fox.   

I think the part about racial slurs probably did more than the harassment. The NFL not trying to have a Donald Sterling situation. It's probably not hard to convince a guy to leave when he gets a parachute worth billions.

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Team supposedly worth over 2. 

It just gets better.

41 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

The cynical side of me doesn’t think anyone is forcing Richardson to sell because he pinched his secretary on the behind.  I think this is cover for forcing a sale when the market is high and recouping a nice windfall for the Richardson family.  That old pig hearted ****er is crazy like a fox.   

I think he's selling because of a few reasons:

1.  Even though he had those he harassed paid off and had them sign non-disclosure and non-disparagement clauses, it has still surfaced and exposed the kind of work environment that he created there.  Which is not only disgusting and horrible, but not going to fly anymore, especially with all the outings of celebs and people of power.  Especially the racist comments.

2.  His health, he had a heart transplant back in 2009, he's 81 years old and probably feels like it would make his health worse to go through the stress of fighting this (look at what happened to Joe Paterno).  This is not defending him, just speculating that with his age and past health issues he didn't want to deal with fighting the truth.

3.  Being a man of power, owning a franchise that is going to sell for 2 billion dollars.  It is "his" decision to sell "his" team, so he is not being forced or pressured by the other owners/league to sell his team or forced to sell (like in the NBA with Sterling).  To men like this, it doesn't matter to them if the details of harassment is what forced him to sell as long as they make the decision and not someone else.  Gotta be in power, have to have the final word, etc.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Does Jerry Richardson identify as a woman?

I doubt it, not that it would change anything, but the few details that have leaked seem to suggest he wasn't the standard creep.  He was asking women if he could shave their legs and obsessed with their nails.  If the league fails to keep this one covered up, I'd bet the stories get weirder.   

6 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

I'm not sure I understand - you think Richardson leaked these stories about himself in order to force himself to sell the team?  

Just now, Destino said:

I doubt it, not that it would change anything, but the few details that have leaked seem to suggest he wasn't the standard creep.  He was asking women if he could shave their legs and obsessed with their nails.  If the league fails to keep this one covered up, I'd bet the stories get weirder.   

I can only imagine.  He asked for foot massages from the ladies, asked to shave their legs, paid for them to get manicures, insisted on buckling their seat-belts when taking them to lunch just to reach across and graze their boobs, created jean day every Friday, not to be casual, but to ask them to turn around to look at their asses and ask uncomfortable questions about it.

I'm sure the list goes on and on with far worse, creepier stuff that they don't want leaked, agree with you 100%.  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I'm not sure I understand - you think Richardson leaked these stories about himself in order to force himself to sell the team?  

The NFL owners are about the most untouchable folks in America.  They operate their business as a legal monopoly and rake it in thanks to huge TV rights deals.  If Richardson didn't want to sell the team, he wouldn't.  I'm assuming he saw the alternative as selling the team now when the market is high and realized that this wasn't such a bad option.  

• Like 1

I suspect they have more on Richardson and this is him saving face. That team is his identity. The team means everything to him and he loves running it. He didn't need the money and doesn't want it. The league is getting ahead of this one. 

I would also suspect it probably has more to do with racial issues than sexual issues.

Matt Damon whining about good guys aren't getting being praised for not harassing or assaulting.  #NAMALT

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/matt-damon-not-all-men_us_5a3828d2e4b0860bf4aa5c2c

Matt, we don't give out participation trophies for being a decent human being.  It should be expected that humans don't prey on other humans, and the deviants punished not free to rise to positions of power with the money to buy people's silence.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Matt Damon whining about good guys aren't getting being praised for not harassing or assaulting.  #NAMALT

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/matt-damon-not-all-men_us_5a3828d2e4b0860bf4aa5c2c

Matt, we don't give out participation trophies for being a decent human being.  It should be expected that humans don't prey on other humans, and the deviants punished not free to rise to positions of power with the money to buy people's silence.

I agree with you on this.  Not being a creep or a criminal is not something worthy of praise.  That's a really stupid thing to say. 

But... Matt Damon was mostly right with his earlier  "spectrum of behavior" comments that he got slammed for.   

I mean, if you want to change a behavior you give positive reinforcement for what you like and negative for what you dont. I do that with my puppy and it works way better than scaring the **** out of him yelling. Not that I think every dude should be praised for some how managing to not rape someone but if the end goal is changing the behavior and not some form of revenge than I think a little positive reinforcement goes a little ways towards that. 

Also seems to me some cats are creeping up to resentment of this whole thing and thats the exact opposite of what you want in this moment for it to be successful. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

But... Matt Damon was mostly right with his earlier  "spectrum of behavior" comments that he got slammed for.   

Sure. But it was a stupid thing to say because it takes away from the real message/movement.

If Damon is the good guy that he seems to be, he shouldn't have said anything other than supporting the fight.

Also..in light of his comment. This tweet is on target. :lol:

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sure. But it was a stupid thing to say because it takes away from the real message/movement

I disagree, I think an unwillingness to distinguish between a pat on the ass and actual rape takes away from the movement and message.  Failure to distinguish severity makes it look like a religious hunt for heretics.  An "all sins are equally bad!" sort of fanaticism.  That sort of thing will inevitably punish people wrongly and eventually create a backlash. 

• Like 3

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility to think that maybe...Streep didn't know ? 

Perhaps she knew they were doing the dirty, but to not know the accusatory potential allegations of the situation...hmm. 

Certainly doesn't excuse him from the actions if true. Does however give Streep a pass at the end of the day unless she did lie about or feign ignorance. 

Yeah, I know the sentence doesn't read right... Computer acting funny. 

40 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility to think that maybe...Streep didn't know ? 

Perhaps she knew they were doing the dirty, but to not know the accusatory potential allegations of the situation...hmm. 

Certainly doesn't excuse him from the actions if true. Does however give Streep a pass at the end of the day unless she did lie about or feign ignorance. 

Yeah, I know the sentence doesn't read right... Computer acting funny. 

I fully expect someone to leak that Meryl warned them about Weinstein or joked about it.  When famous people are so aggressive in their denials about anything untoward, that's just how the story tends to unfold.  Glenn Close is around the same age, and also never personally subjected to Weinstein's disgusting and criminal behavior, but she knew as well.

"Thinking back, I never was preyed upon. In the Harvey case, you’d be lying if you said you didn’t know that he had a terrible reputation. He was known to be a pig."

As has been pointed out repeatedly, it was an open secret.  It was something openly discussed, even joked about on camera, and something that Harvey had to actively work to keep out of the papers. 

This doesn't mean Meryl absolutely had to know, as you say it's not outside the realm of possibility.  Perhaps she aggressively maintained a bubble of serenity around herself which held some of the viciousness of Hollywood gossip at bay.  It's certainly possible.