Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

All of this doesn't surprise me in the least. The misogyny on this board every ****ing day is proof enough of the pervasive attitude of disrespect toward women. The fact that it's just business as usual, it's mostly a male environment is the excuse to let loose with misogynistic language. 

This poor woman endured a bunch of **** for a decade, when all she was doing was trying to support her family. 

And these men were permitted by management to basically do whatever they wanted because they were the on air talent. 

I hope she prevails and wins millions. Maybe it will put other management on notice to take sexual harassment seriously at clean up their organizations.

Updated to add the following:  As stated in my first paragraph, there's language every day in here that I could report posts all day long to the mods, but I don't because there is no specific rule about misogynistic language here, and it would take all their time. However, when I am specifically attacked, there are a couple of things I do. 1. I will report a post to the mods with specificity, and may request action. I may have done this two or three times the whole time I have been here. 2. I put that poster on ignore. 

So pretty benign actions by me. 

If nothing else, these threads about rampant sexual harassment, assault, at all levels of society/industry show that this culture needs to change. 

I am glad we are having these conversations.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

All of this doesn't surprise me in the least. The misogyny on this board every ****ing day is proof enough of the pervasive attitude of disrespect toward women. The fact that it's just business as usual, it's mostly a male environment is the excuse to let loose with misogynistic language. 

This poor woman endured a bunch of **** for a decade, when all she was doing was trying to support her family. 

And these men were permitted by management to basically do whatever they wanted because they were the on air talent. 

I hope she prevails and wins millions. Maybe it will put other management on notice to take sexual harassment seriously at clean up their organizations.

Yet, it seems so foreign to me at the same time. I've worked in the same office for 17 years, and rarely have I heard anything close to that stuff. Most guys I talk to are scared to talk about anything that might even be misinterpreted and keep to themselves.

The misogyny on this board every ****ing day

overall, there is plenty of it.  and as with most every other topic, it gets attention among various staff in discussion at times.  it's still deep in most cultures, of course. there's also racism here, of course.

there's seems a suggested pretense at times in the tailgate---usually via dismissal and minimization (we have a couple folks here who specialize in that)--that racism  and misogyny and negative biases re: sexuality/gender, which are traits found in people everywhere else, don't exist much if at all  in the poster population here....we need to sell our secret sauce to the rest of society...

• Like 1

And you know how often I get in touch with the mods and report a post, which is probably only a few times when it's so egregious I can't ignore it. 

And that's what women are supposed to do, ignore it, not mention it, go along to get along. If we do say anything we're castigated, call out, called all kinds of names. When we are not the ones who need shaming and called out.

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

there's seems a suggested pretense at times in the tailgate---usually via dismissal and minimization (we have a couple folks here who specialize in that)--that racism  and misogyny and negative biases re: sexuality/gender, which are traits found in people everywhere else, don't exist much if at all  in the poster population here....

Its like an alcoholic trying to convince everyone at AAA he doesn't have a problem. No one that tries to minimize that stuff actually thinks they are fooling anyone. But its a reflex and they are so compelled to do it I honestly don't think many of them can stop themselves. 

I do the same thing re: sexual abuses or ......i dont know the word im looking for but basically being accused of sexual abuses/assault. And that is BECAUSE i have been accused of something similar in the past and have seen people do it. I automatically go on defense cause in my mind Im the one on trial. I know if i feel this way others do. They may not know it but I certainly do. The step from where I am to complete denial or minimization is a steep one and, personally, I dont understand how you can say something doesn't exist with so much proof of it in your face every damn day. 

7 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Aggressive alfalfa sprouts?

Exactly 

• Like 1

fwiw, i'd like to point out that technically "misogyny' was intended to refer to a more virulent, even violent, level of prejudice against women, and not so much less intense variations---i.e. not "just" seeing women as lesser than in some ways or being targets of sexual objectification in manners that limit or restrict...but the term has been so widely appropriated by society to mean the broader that I succumb to popular usage...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Innocent until proven guilty.  If she's got the texts, she's got a case.

Deep breaths, pearl clutchers...deep breaths.

yeah but nothing in that article is surprising

especially mcnabb and his lame ass attempts, sounds exactly like what i imagine he'd say. dweeb

i don't understand how anyone would be surprised by this. pro athletes strike me as the worst when it comes to treating other people like ****, especially treating women this way. 

of course, this is the same society that had to see a video of ray rice actually knocking woman out to be over the top pissed off. simply hearing the report wasn't enough. and many still think he was somehow treated wrongly.

and of course we elected donald trump president.

i guess it's my fault for not lowering the bar further.

• Like 1