Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

3 hours ago, Destino said:

I've held the belief that powerful people are abusive and predatory for as long as I can remember.  I won't bore you with all of those reasons but most recently, I've worked with the poor and witnessed how they are preyed upon simply because they are vulnerable.  It seems as if there is a certain percentage of humans (and not a small one) that will be absolutely awful towards others if they believe themselves free to do so without consequence.  Weinstein thinking he can just do as he pleases doesn't surprise me at all. 

What I struggle to understand is immediate compliance without so much as a threat or the least amount of resistance.  That's the part that makes no sense to me.  Does this inability to resit extend to areas other then sex?  Would they all have, for example, smoked crack if the powerful person simply requested it of them?  And again, my struggling to wrap my head around this does not mean I don't believe every word of it is true.  I believe it and fail to understand how the hell it's possible, all at the same time.  This feels like a privilege problem.  While I can choose to believe, the stories contradict my own experiences. 

not to make it light, but the last episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm touched on this

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I knew Simmons was coming. He just looks like he has no chill. 

he told Terry Crewes to not push for the agent who grabbed his dick to get prosecuted.

He also started dating Kimora Lee at 16 or 17.

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

It's not just power, but also surprise.  A common theme in these stories is how the predator does something aggressive out of the blue, and the victim is stunned and has no time to react or reflect.  They are just thinking "this can't be happening" as it happens.  

Afterwards, they think about what they could have done, what they should have said, but it's far too late.  And that makes them feel guilty about their own actions or lack of actions, and makes them feel like maybe somehow some of it was their own fault, and makes them even less likely to report what happened to anyone.  

Predators understand this reaction.  They rely on it.  

its what happens to a lot of rape victims

You are shocked and then your body takes you out of your physical to make it easier for you to deal with it.

On 11/30/2017 at 2:58 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

And this is why we’ll never be as good as 4chan.

Well, I finally made it over to reddit for a rousing game of "Kill, ****, or Marry" and I gotta say, I was highly disappointed. I still think there's some potential there but those guys over at 4chan give the same answer almost every time. Kill...

and then ****.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Imma be honest, its not interesting in the slightest.

I say that because mainstream media has said this about hip hop since the 90s when it became really popular and have used it to knock hip hop down many pegs. People in hip hop have said this about hip hop since people got record deals.

The point I am making is that nothing new came from that article.  What surprises us when Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, etc get caught up in this is because they were portrayed as great people by the mainstream media.

I do not say that to dismiss that Hip Hop has an issue with misogyny. Just that it has always been known that Hip Hop has an issue with misogyny and mainstream media have never had an issue confronting hip hop about that.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin