Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

Nothing will be done. Guns and rifles are just retail products in this country and that won’t change and teachers aren’t going to transform into trained SWAT officers at the drop of a hat. Elementary school are not chosen at random. Shooters want notoriety and this is simply a degeneration of high school shootings on the shock scale. More will come and one day someone will come along and “one up” Sandy Hook. In certain areas in Mexico, Cartel violence is just part of everyday life and the authorities that aren’t on the take try their best with the **** hand they were dealt. In the United States, school shootings are just part of every day life and the lawmakers that aren’t on the take try their best with the **** hand they were dealt. 

• Like 1

I wonder how many children have been killed by drag shows today in Tennessee?  

I continue to think that this country is an abject moral failure.  We abide the slaughter of children and demonize the most vulnerable.  Gross.  

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

🎵

And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'll gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA

🎵

If only our truest patriots would also remember the women and children dying as well. Beyond mass shootings, domestic violence, accidental shootings, and on the streets. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I wonder how many children have been killed by drag shows today in Tennessee?  

I continue to think that this country is an abject moral failure.  We abide the slaughter of children and demonize the most vulnerable.  Gross.  

Probably same number that have been killed in strip clubs.  None.  Should we let kids into strip clubs because it’s safe?  Obviously not.  Why is common sense suddenly politically impossible?  If they’re in drag reading kids books, great.  If they’re in  underwear with their legs wide wearing tips in their underwear… leave the kids out.  This issue isn’t a tough one but we’re all pretending that it is.  And I’m not interested in denials because the internet is absolute dripping with images of both scenarios I just described. 

this country is not a moral failure, it’s just currently ruled by adults that insist on playing stupid because their team winning is far more important than just being reasonable about anything at all.  And obviously I feel one team is a great deal more stupid than the other.  This isn’t equal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Right wing twitter is jumping at the alleged shooter being Trans.

So what explains all the other school shooters not being Trans?

I popped into this thread to say exactly this.  If true, this is a ready made narrative for the right wing.  A possible trans shooter killing Christian babies in a Christian elementary school?  Every right wing preacher in the country is going to run with this one.  “We told you they were demonic!”

and it’s all nonsense because mass shootings and school shootings as an general issue has exactly nothing to do with trans people.  They’ve never let reality get in their way though so they’ll use it to fuel their discriminatory laws.  What a nightmare.  

Setting the distraction aside… three nine year olds. That hurts to think about. I have a ten year old and I just can’t imagine the pain those poor parents are going through. I’d rather die than be in those parents shoes right now. How do you face the day? Why would you even want to? 

Given that they believe trans people are mentally ill, and the guns were purchased legally, how can they possibly skirt around the issue of an unfit gun owner being allowed to purchase an AR15, thanks to Tennessee’s waste of the paper they’re written on gun laws?