Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Both sides of my family is from Oklahoma. Dad's from OKC. Mom's from way out in nowhere. (Her high school graduating class was six people.)

Her graduating class was six people? Does that mean only six of the 200 people in her class graduated? ;)

(being a smartass)

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Her graduating class was six people? Does that mean only six of the 200 people in her class graduated? ;)

(being a smartass)

Her school had one school bus.  For all 12 grades.  One of the Seniors drove it.  

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

(being a smartass)

I'm laughing, but my husband's class size was the same.  He went to a prestigious boarding school in northern GA...it's still that way, a friend of mine's daughter graduated from there and went into the Naval Academy.  By contrast, my graduating class was almost 500, almost all losers, which is why I joined the Navy & got the hell outta there.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm laughing, but my husband's class size was the same.  He went to a prestigious boarding school in northern GA...it's still that way, a friend of mine's daughter graduated from there and went into the Naval Academy.  By contrast, my graduating class was almost 500, almost all losers, which is why I joined the Navy & got the hell outta there.  

Grading on the curve must have been so hard ;)

I will stop. I'm just being very silly.

• Haha 1

Good gal with a gun’: Woman with pistol kills gunman at party

CHARLESTON, W.V. (WOWK) – Charleston Police say that a woman’s actions on Wednesday night may have prevented a mass casualty event.

According to CPD, around 10:45 p.m. Wednesday, officers arrived outside of the Renaissance Circle apartment complex for a report of a shooting. When police got there, they found 37-year-old Dennis Butler of Charleston, with multiple gunshot wounds. Butler later died.

https://www.wavy.com/news/national/good-gal-with-a-gun-woman-with-pistol-kills-gunman-at-party/

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Lefty twitter hot takes and righty fantasy super cops won’t get us out this mess.

We have to find a way to reduce the firepower out in the general public ASAP…or the bodies are just gonna keep piling up.

Eyes on the prize.

Hey, instead of being a ****ing Gene Siskel...how about you come up with an idea?

17 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

So NOT massacring school kids is a "Lefty twitter hot take"? Interesting

It is not a flaw in the system, it's just overhead at this point

A lefty hot take is piling on the cops for there shifting stories and ineptitude.  It takes the focus away from the main problem. Access to endless amounts of guns and ammo.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

A lefty hot take is piling on the cops for there shifting stories and ineptitude.  It takes the focus away from the main problem. Access to endless amounts of guns and ammo.

Given procedures and standards were in place that weren't followed, and any addressing of that is more likely then the "main problem", I don't see a problem with piling on. 

It's not a lefty hot take, a lot of people are coming to the realization cops aren't legally required to protect us despite constantly killing unarmed folks because of feeling threatened.  

That's a huge problem, as is this one:

A 16-year-old boy in Austin who said he saw Ramos frequently in Yubo panels, told The Post that Ramos frequently made aggressive, sexual comments to young women on the app and sent him a death threat during one panel in January.
“I witnessed him harass girls and threaten them with sexual assault, like rape and kidnapping,” said the teen. “It was not like a single occurrence. It was frequent.”

He and his friends reported Ramos’s account to Yubo for bullying and other infractions dozens of times. He never heard back, he said, and the account remained active.

Yubo spokeswoman Amy Williams would not say whether the company received reports of abuse related to Ramos’s account. “As there is an ongoing and active investigation and because this information concerns a specific individual’s data, we are not legally able to share these details publicly at this time,” she said in an email. Williams would not say what law prevents the company from commenting.

Before massacre, Uvalde gunman frequently threatened teen girls online

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/05/28/uvalde-texas-gunman-online-threats/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's not a lefty hot take, a lot of people are coming to the realization cops aren't legally required to protect us despite constantly killing unarmed folks because of feeling threatened.  

"To Protect and Serve"

This motto once meant something and the real McCoy cops out there sorely need to have their voices heard about how to change public perception of them because it has become very tarnished. I'm not anti-law enforcement and my uncle is a retired Baltimore City Police Officer, but my opinion of cops in general is quite low these days. They've become relegated to little more than glorified revenue collection agents.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Parents of child killed in shooting refused to meet with Texas governor

The parents of one of the victims killed in the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, earlier this week told ABC News they turned down an invitation to meet with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Felix and Kimberly Rubio, the parents of Alexandria "Lexi" Rubio, said they have no interest in meeting Abbott, her mother saying, "my Lexi doesn't even like him."

"It's not what Lexi would have wanted," Kimberly Rubio said.

Kimberly Rubio said their daughter shared her parents' stance on gun control.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

This is also stupid. Police ineptitude and lies are a major ****ing problem in this country and we know it cost the lives of children this less than a week ago. People don’t talk just about problems you care to acknowledge. 

Takes away focus. Please. 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1