Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Funny thing is im pretty sure he WAS thinking of doing just that. I was sure he would as well until i saw nobody around him as he goes downfield. My dad and i cheered about as loudly as we do when the skins score 

Yea, good awareness on his part, of the clock, and the defenders.

Part of him had to be thinking, I got to get out of bounds, to save enough time for a winning field goal, because CERTAINLY the Saints aren't going to give me a red carpet to walk into the end zone with, on the last play of the game.

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't know  if they should fire their DC because of one player's inexplicable decision on that final TD catch.

I'm sure he wasn't taught to do that.

It was a bad play....that happened to cost them the game...but it's just one play.  How about if the Saints had scored in the first half....it wouldn't have come down to that.  There were 20+ bad plays before the last play that could have changed things and the final result.

Been meaning to ask this. With the pro bowl being on ESPN in two weeks, and Jon Gruden being the head coach of the raiders now, who’s going to call that game with Sean McDonough? Would they just let Gruden be in the booth for that one final time? Or is ESPN searching for a replacement for him for the pro bowl? 

55 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Been meaning to ask this. With the pro bowl being on ESPN in two weeks, and Jon Gruden being the head coach of the raiders now, who’s going to call that game with Sean McDonough? Would they just let Gruden be in the booth for that one final time? Or is ESPN searching for a replacement for him for the pro bowl? 

Matt Hasselbeck is going to join McDonough in the booth for that one.

4 hours ago, TouchdownSkin said:

It was a bad play....that happened to cost them the game...but it's just one play.

In a sense, you’re right. In another sense, it was the most retarded plays I’ve ever seen in my life... That pile of fo**** made Zorn’d swinging gate look like the immaculate teception. 

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Jacksonville is already talking smack, guaranteeing a Superbowl.   Belichick is going to show them reality on Sunday.

Probably, that's so stupid to boost your opponent like that. On the other hand I really hope Coughlin will achieve a 3-Peat vs the cheatriots.

47 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

In a sense, you’re right. In another sense, it was the most retarded plays I’ve ever seen in my life... That pile of fo**** made Zorn’d swinging gate look like the immaculate teception. 

Wanna talk about awful plays, how about that trick play on 3rd and i think 1? How the **** does willie Snead NOT catch that ???

4 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

That actually kinda upset me that they included that kid crying at the beginning. And his parents tell him that he wasn't allowed to be upset? His team just lost a playoff game in heartbreaking fashion, but he wasn't "handling it" properly? 

I like how he said "I'm not going to bed tonight". Trust me kid, going to bed is one of the few things that actually helps.

10 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

That final play looks like the guy didnt want to get called for hitting a defenseless receiver because he was there right on time to lay him out.

What's funny is that not only does he duck out of making a play on Diggs, but he also takes out the only other Saint defender in the area (Crawley) that had a chance to get Diggs. :ols:

Whoever represents the NFC in the SB will be playing for a chance at their first Lombardi. I'm less confident in the Vikings than I was, although would still favor them to win (Minnesota is 3.5 point faves).

This would be Jacksonville's first trip to the SB if they can beat the Pats, who are nine or 10 point favorites. 

The more I think about last night's game, the more I realize how strange it was - or at least, my response to it. As I mentioned, I was with my buddies last night following a meeting and when I checked my phone, it was halftime and the score was 17-0. My first thought was "this is gonna be good."

Now, I didn't see the first half but not too long ago, 17-0 at halftime meant you were finished. I should have gone home then and there. But I just knew it was gonna be good. I didn't even consider the teams playing or the players in that initial moment. Just the score 17-0 led me to think it was going to be an incredible game. And it was! That ending will live on in Minnesota sports history forever. I'm glad I was there to see it. 

But when the Bills were down 17-0 to the 'Skins in Super Bowl XXVI - the consensus seemed to be that they were finished. 

But waking up this morning, something about it seemed strange to me. I knew, without a doubt in my mind I had to make a bee line for the bar because the score was 17-0, not in spire of the score being 17-0. 

I dunno, maybe it's because of the changing nature of football but it's almost as if I've come to expect the late game comeback in general. It used to be that you'd expect that from certain quarterbacks or teams but now it's like it's become the norm, especially in the post season.

19 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I dunno, maybe it's because of the changing nature of football but it's almost as if I've come to expect the late game comeback in general. It used to be that you'd expect that from certain quarterbacks or teams but now it's like it's become the norm, especially in the post season.

What is more problematic to me is that if you are at your own 25 with 25 seconds to play, and only one timeout to boot, you are supposed to be finished.

And then they even got a five-yard false start penalty!

Again, its almost like its too easy for offenses to score these days. You do have slugfests like ATL-PHL or BUF-JAX, but those seem to be the big exception. 

It makes it so much clearer why Sean Payton went for it on 4th and 2 at midfield against the timeout-less Panthers with two minutes to play. Coaches have no confidence in their D's ability to make a stop. 

Archived