Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

In fairness, even if he stood back and tried to tackle him, there's a pretty good chance he steps out of bounds and they get a FG anyway.

Yeah. Or you hold him up long enough to get help getting him in bounds.

or Cobra Kai misses the FG.  

You gotta do better than tackle the air 5 yards behind the guy. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, #1 and #2 defenses won.

But Brees did not lose to Keenum.  Brees got the game won in the last minute and one of the defensive players decided to tackle a ghost. 

In the post game show Jimmy said 43 was trying not to interfere with the catch and ducked instead. Timing was off by 43. He could have stopped and just held the WR from going anywhere instead. 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Looked like Diggs hit em with some of that Scarecrow Fear toxin

I think he was anticipating Diggs catching the ball while running out of bounds.  He dove to where he thought he would be.  Diggs instead stopped and jumped straight up, and the rest of cringe history. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah. Or you hold him up long enough to get help getting him in bounds.

or Cobra Kai misses the FG.  

You gotta do better than tackle the air 5 yards behind the guy. 

Yeah, I'm not defending him. Just saying they might have lost anyway. And if you're expecting him to let him make the catch and then stop him before he can sprint two steps to get out of bounds, it doesn't end up being the easy play everyone's making it out to be.

Great game.  I was rooting for the Saints, but only because I think Brees's skillset and experience is a better bet against Philly's defense next week in Philly.

For everyone who says our team needs to blow things up?  Are you watching the playoffs?  These teams aren't that much better. In fact I actually kind of think a little bit less of them now then I did before the post-season started.  

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Even if I was a Vikings fan, reality sets in as soon as you walk outside the stadium and the 5 degree winds smack you in the face. Still miserable 

Some people, mostly white people that describe themselves as "outdoorsy", like the cold.  So they're probably walking out there right now excitedly chatting about today's victory, while zipping up brightly colored patagonia jackets, feeling pretty damn good. 

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Great game.  I was rooting for the Saints, but only because I think Brees's skillset and experience is a better bet against Philly's defense next week in Philly.

For everyone who says our team needs to blow things up?  Are you watching the playoffs?  These teams aren't that much better. In fact I actually kind of think a little bit less of them now then I did before the post-season started.  

Agreed.

The Redskins need some work, for sure, but not a major overhaul. As long as they don't lose Cousins.

None of these teams have wowed me in these playoffs.

Archived