Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I just like balance. I believe the rule changes (gameday and practice related) have upset it enough to bring about the scenario.

I know it's done for ratings (and claims to also be for player safety), but as a 20 year watcher at this point, I just prefer more even play (I don't mind explosive offense and auto scoring, when it's a smaller sample size). Just not my preference, as a neutral viewer

Same here. I like balance. To me the best games are the 20-17 kinds where its back and forth, some ball movement but not too much, with big plays on both sides. 31-28 games are lame but 9-6 games are stinkers too.

Saints/Vikings was the perfect example of a great balanced game last week.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Same here. I like balance. To me the best games are the 20-17 kinds where its back and forth, some ball movement but not too much, with big plays on both sides. 31-28 games are lame but 9-6 games are stinkers too.

I probably enjoyed the Eagles-Falcons game more. You can make the case that Jones slipping sort of ruined the ending, but it was going to be a tough ask with Ryan backpeddling anyway and even if Jones catches the ball, he probably doesn't get his feet down.

Saints/Vikings was good as well but I still can't get my head around how badly #43 on the Saints screwed up. 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah, I like stalemates, I like the game within the game, I just don't find blam blam blam other team answers blam blam all that entertaining.

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

I'm not sure how any Redskins fan could want the Eagles in the SB, EVER!!!

Even moreso If Brady is further injured after today, and they end up facing a crippled 12 or Brian Hoyer. I would seriously give up football if the Philadelphia Eagles won a SB off some bull**** like that :ols:

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Even moreso If Brady is further injured after today, and they end up facing a crippled 12 or Brian Hoyer. I would seriously give up football if the Philadelphia Eagles won a SB off some bull**** like that :ols:

To be fair, the Eagles would be playing the Super Bowl with their backup QB too.  Not their fault that the Pats traded Jimmy G.  Besides, from what I'm reading, Brady has stitches in his hand.....I don't see anything further happening today which is going to compromise him......or which won't be healed in two weeks.

And speaking of winning off some BS.......I still can't get over how the Vikings won that game last week. Tough because they didn't benefit from the refs, but what was #43 on the Saints doing??

Like I've said previously, I used to want to Eagles to fail miserably in the playoffs. But with the Redskins being so miserable over the past two decades, it really isn't worth the effort. 

My final predictions for today:

Pats 20

Jags 10

Jags' defense keeps the Pats from blowing out the game. The Jags defense even scores a TD.  The Pats defense completely shutdown the Jags offense. 

Vikings 13

Eagles  9

This will be mostly a defensive affair, though the Vikings will have one successful drive where they score a TD. That will be the difference in the game.

46 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

To be fair, the Eagles would be playing the Super Bowl with their backup QB too.  Not their fault that the Pats traded Jimmy G. 

The Eagles still look like an actual team, and are better overall across all 3 phases though, that's really what I was getting at. Hoyer qb'ing that team would be a disaster

So I just found out that my dumbass, 2 bit loser, football ignorant, know it all (and happy to tell you everything about everything), do nothing, unemployed moron of a brother in law (sisters husband) is a Patriots fan. And a huge fan of Brady. It fits like a glove. 

Hes also a 49ers fan.  

I didn’t actually hate the Patriots before.

Now I hate them a lot. And I hope somebody on Jax’s defense knocks Brady so senseless that he thinks he gets home and says to Gisel “ I love you Bridget”

Archived