Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

11 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

DC sports just needs one of those flukey plays to happen in their favor. Just once. 

Meanwhile, for the Patriots:

"well, we lost this Super Bowl. All Seattle has to do is hand it off to Lynch. What? They threw it? Interception!" CHAMPIONSHIP!

"well, we lost this one. All Atlanta has to do is hand the ball off a couple of times and kick a Field Goal. What? They tried passing it? Sack! Penalty!" CHAMPIONSHIP!

"Clearly we're the greatest franchise in league history!" "By the way, Kansas City and Pittsburgh worry me a little this year. Oh, what? They both lost? Must be because of how great we are!"

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Great game.  I was rooting for the Saints, but only because I think Brees's skillset and experience is a better bet against Philly's defense next week in Philly.

For everyone who says our team needs to blow things up?  Are you watching the playoffs?  These teams aren't that much better. In fact I actually kind of think a little bit less of them now then I did before the post-season started.  

I agree. The Skins had very competitive games this season with the Vikings, Saints, and Eagles that could have been won and they have beaten all those teams recently. So if going forward thsoe are the teams to beat in the NFC, the Skins definitely have a chance at a SB(assuming they keep Cousins).

3 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I agree. The Skins had very competitive games this season with the Vikings, Saints, and Eagles that could have been won and they have beaten all those teams recently. So if going forward thsoe are the teams to beat in the NFC, the Skins definitely have a chance at a SB(assuming they keep Cousins).

We also lost to the Giants, so we definitely have a chance to be the second worst team in the NFL next year.

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

This is the Paul Allen call with the video:

I'm sorry but this is inexcusable.  This makes you borderline think the ending was fixed. Look how much the DB misses Diggs by. 

I ain't  one of those  sad souls, but it does make you think a bit and wonder If he made a call to Juanito before the game :ols:

When I saw that 17-0 halftime score after me and my buddies said goodbye, I had a feeling it was gonna be a good one. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I know the Vikings don't make anything easy for their fans but I knew it was going to be a great game.

Y'all, I haven't watched a full NFL game since the halfway point of the season but ho-lee **** that was...that was incredible. 

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And I don't know who the DC of the Saints is - but he should be fired immediately without hesitation.

I don't know  if they should fire their DC because of one player's inexplicable decision on that final TD catch.

I'm sure he wasn't taught to do that.

52 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't know  if they should fire their DC because of one player's inexplicable decision on that final TD catch.

I'm sure he wasn't taught to do that.

More than just a player decision but scheming with 9 seconds left, you don't leave the end zone wife open with a red carpet lined up.

I was one of the people who was disappointed in how the game was going in the first. But as exciting as both games turned out to be, there's something that's just becoming so unappealing about the league. It just seems like its becoming almost too easy for offenses to score. The lack of fundamentals is appalling. Is a lot of this because of the CBA limiting hitting during practices?

Nonetheless, I'll find myself tuning in the rest of the way this season and when the 2018 season starts, regardless of who is under center for the Skins. :(

54 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Those guys who were sayin at the beginning of the Saints-Vikings game that it was boring and disappointing - did you happen to stay until the end ?

I watched the whole game... except for Diggs TD. After the Saints made their FG I thought that was the game so I went outside to smoke a cig. When I came back in I was wondering why all the reporters were hanging around the Vikings players on the field. I was like "WHAT?" Nice to see a former Terp player win this game.

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Well, I can say the guy might have tried to tackle him upright, and it would've been a ref call to determine whether forward progress was stopped in bounds if him and Diggs were struggling near the sidelines.

Diggs was close enough to easily put one foot out if he was grabbed

9 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I watched the whole game... except for Diggs TD. After the Saints made their FG I thought that was the game so I went outside to smoke a cig. When I came back in I was wondering why all the reporters were hanging around the Vikings players on the field. I was like "WHAT?" Nice to see a former Terp player win this game.

Bad time for a cig break i guess. For most of the game my dad was cheering for the saints cause he felt they were the underdog, and they were losing for the whole first half, so he wanted the game to start being good. Then after that last saints FG he said “why do you want the Vikings to win, i thought we were pulling for the saints today!!” And i said “no!! I’ve been cheering for the Vikings the whole game!!” (My friend is a huge Vikings fan—not sure why, cause he’s from MD and his family is from Kenya, and my girlfriends dad is a Vikings fan). My girlfriend doesn’t watch sports though, so i didnt even care about that,  but pretty much all playoffs I’ve been hoping the Vikings would get to the super bowl cause that would be the fist time in history that a team plays the super bowl in their own stadium. 

7 minutes ago, carex said:

Diggs was close enough to easily put one foot out if he was grabbed

Funny thing is im pretty sure he WAS thinking of doing just that. I was sure he would as well until i saw nobody around him as he goes downfield. My dad and i cheered about as loudly as we do when the skins score 

Archived