Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Oh you can go eat an entire bag of dicks, Rubio. What a goddamn invertebrate. Just days ago he was siding with Trump when they ordered peaceful protesters tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets so the Bunker Baby could get a ludicrous photo-op with a bible. Now he sees the public reaction to that, tests the winds, and says "Hey, I was totes for this 'equality' stuff the whole time!"

**** you, jackass.

He’s afraid of the impact from the initial winds of change. 

19 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well that’s not what you said originally, is it?

True, but as we saw in 2016; even with a lead in the polls, Clinton still loss.  Now, it's true if that lead maintains until election day; that usually portends a significant it not a landslide win.  I don't think those polls numbers will be that high.  The GOP/Trump hasn't really begun their brainwashing campaign.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

True, but as we saw in 2016; even with a lead in the polls, Clinton still loss.  Now, it's true if that lead maintains until election day; that usually portends a significant it not a landslide win.  I don't think those polls numbers will be that high.  The GOP/Trump hasn't really begun their brainwashing campaign.

Clinton had a three point lead in the final polls in 2016.  Not an 11 point lead indicted now for Biden. The GOP and Trump have been engaged in their brainwashing campaign nonstop for 4 years. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I say it shouldn't be scoffed at, it's like if MJ said he wouldn't join the Dream Team unless Isaiah Thomas was added, too.

It's nice they are pointing out why Trump should be defeated but they are playing to a very limited set of GOPers.

Especially, with Joe Biden now planning to go the FDR route in his policies; the GOP/Trump will pound Joe on that.  The GOP

voter will fall back in line and it's not just the die hard Trumpster but the regular GOPer. Once they are programmed to the 

evils of what Biden will do; they will vote Trump/

Those groups trying to get Joe elected will be bashing him come January, as he tries to pass his agenda. Then in 2022; they will be doing everything they can to defeat the Dems and bring back the ****ty GOP.

If some gopers finally have a conscience and wake up the reality of Trump that's nice but what Joe Biden really needs to win:

1. Win all those states Hillary won.

2. Get enough progressive to come out and vote for him. With him now embracing a FDR type agenda; hopefully, that gets enough of them on board.

3. Get the black vote to come out in greater numbers. Especially now, hopefully they see what's at stake.

4. People who voted in 2012 and 2008 to come out and people who never vote at all, to come out and vote.

It's nice if some GOPers come along but their brains are too far gone and they will toe the party line; don't depend on them to win. 

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump hit a gutshot straight flush on the river in 2016. The final polls ended up being pretty accurate as Clinton did win the popular vote by 2%. Trump also won 3 battleground states by a total of about 80,000 votes. Since then all the evidence in polling, elections, and exit polls has shown that Trump has been bleeding voters that helped him win those battleground states in 2016, as well as going upside down as far as his popularity in counties that were critical to his 2016 battleground wins. 

I'm NOT getting complacent, and nobody else should either. But I'm also not doing quite as much hand wringing as some others. 

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Clinton had a three point lead in the final polls in 2016.  Not an 11 point lead indicted now for Biden. The GOP and Trump have been engaged in their brainwashing campaign nonstop for 4 years. 

Rebrainwashing to potential strayers.  I don't think the final poll numbers will be a 11 point difference.  The Trump/GOP attack machine hasn't gone full force yet.  Those straying GOP voters will be reminded why Joe is so wrong and they will believe it and fall back in line.  So, the polls will tighten up.  Also, when people see more of Joe himself; that will turn off some voters.  Joe will have more cringeworthy gaffs.  Also, many thought Bernie would lose in a landslide because of his policy positions.   It looks like Joe intends to go more towards those same Bernie positions now. Maybe not full Bernie but definitely in that direction.

So, once we get to election day; the polls will be much closer.  Joe may still win but I don't see him maintaining his current 11 point lead.  Also, will that lead translate to a similar state lead.  His current national lead could be that high because of the higher populated blue areas, giving him that lead.  For Joe to truly, have a 11 point win; he needs to have that lead in the state by state polls.  I don't think it will be that wide.  I hope I am wrong because if that 11 point lead translates state by state; then we are looking at a Biden landslide and you will see many states flipping from red to blue; like Texas.

30 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Don’t worry, by January 2021, Trump will be declared a New York liberal with Hollywood values and the bootlickers will find a different anus to suck on.

I have a hard time picturing that.

Fox News may move on to the next GOP flag bearer, but Trump's true believers will NEVER think less of him. Believing in him, defending him, praising him is their thing. Hard to explain fully, but it goes beyond owning the libs or being an attention whore by being "outrageous" or a contrarian. It's become a defining part of their personalities and social circles. 

Trump might have to flee to Saudia Arabia or Russia to escape legal action, and they will still praise him repeating the latest conspiracy theory floated out on Infowars. 

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Those groups trying to get Joe elected will be bashing him come January, as he tries to pass his agenda. Then in 2022; they will be doing everything they can to defeat the Dems and bring back the ****ty GOP.

Who cares?  The important thing right now is to install an President that isn't a complete disaster.

The other side of the coin , how will Trump/GOP prevent Joe from winning.  Stealing the election seems likely.

Worried Trump Will Disrupt Voting This Fall? Here’s What to Watch For 

>>In recent weeks, Donald Trump has taken to Twitter to attack mail-in voting as fraudulent and threaten to withhold (unspecified) funding from states taking steps to expand it. Trump’s attacks have come at a crucial time, as voters in around two dozen states cast their ballots for June primary elections, many of them by mail, the safest way to vote amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Among the states that held primaries on Tuesday, for instance, some saw more than 20 times the absentee ballot requests of 2016.....<<<

@Rdskns2000

I think folks are underestimating how bad it would look if Trump somehow "wins" despite national polls showing Biden up by double-digits.

There's a point where fixing the election would be the only explanation for the results, we see that in other countries, its be no different here.

Also, at some point official numbers are going to formally show unemployment over 20% nationally.  It's gonna be hard for folks to pick their politics over what got us out the Great Depression, there we multiple factors, but I doubt anyone wins the argument we could've got out the Depression without the New Deal.

51 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That lead right now is mostly meaningless. As it gets closer to time to vote, the GOP fear/hate machine will rev up and scare many "middle" voters back to them. The goal will be the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. It will be around the economy was fine until Covid-19 which Democrats made worse by not coorperating with the president and it cost many lives. It will also be that the dems paid for those protests and look what happened? The right protested being locked in and there was very little violence. The protests over the police killing turned violent. Dems are too soft on violence - do you want them to be in change? It takes a strong president to shut down this violence. We can;t have a weak on crime president like Biden. Talk is cheap right now in terms of saying you support Joe as a conservative but seems to chamge when it comes to a vote. 

I realize most of what I typed that the GOP will say is complete BS - at least to some degree. But that will be the GOP line and it will be believed, certainly by his ardent base and by many so called centrists will also believe at least enough of it to scare them from voting Biden. 

Regardless of what the polls are now - since they can easily change in a very short time the dems need to act like they are 10 pts behind right up until the election (Not saying you are saying otherwise just making an overall point). I wish they were coming out harder right now. A few months ago I could see the approach of if you attack too hard too early you create some sympathy for the incumbent. But there is enough he has done wrong with just these latest two incidents - Covid and the protests - that the attacks should be coming hard and fast soon and keep pounding them.    And stay on whatever is current. Remind people of all the failures and horrid actions like turning the military on American citizens and ignoring Covid.  

Graham & Barr are in the process of issuing subpoenas to ~50 current/former Obama officials related to the Russia investigation.  In my opinion, they are going to do everything in their power over the next 4-5 months to make that entire inquiry "illegal". With the stamp of the DOJ to confirm it. In doing that, they will pin the illegality on Obama & Biden in an all-out assault on their character & criminal intentions. This will cause GOPers in the middle to think twice about pulling the lever for Biden. 

The 18-50yo Dems have got to show up in November. 

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

And I bet most people probably just answer Biden to not sound like a Trump supporter(same as with Clinton in 2016).

I've never understood this.  If you truly support Trump, why would you be embarrassed to say that to some random pollster? Unless you happen to be answering the question on the phone and there are others with you in the room that you don't want to hear your opinion.

I still think Trump gets reelected in November, with an electoral margin smaller than 2016 and more along the lines of what Bush had over Kerry in 2004. 

22 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That lead right now is mostly meaningless. As it gets closer to time to vote, the GOP fear/hate machine will rev up and scare many "middle" voters back to them. The goal will be the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. It will be around the economy was fine until Covid-19 which Democrats made worse by not coorperating with the president and it cost many lives. It will also be that the dems paid for those protests and look what happened? The right protested being locked in and there was very little violence. The protests over the police killing turned violent. Dems are too soft on violence - do you want them to be in change? It takes a strong president to shut down this violence. We can;t have a weak on crime president like Biden. Talk is cheap right now in terms of saying you support Joe as a conservative but seems to chamge when it comes to a vote. 

I realize most of what I typed that the GOP will say is complete BS - at least to some degree. But that will be the GOP line and it will be believed, certainly by his ardent base and by many so called centrists will also believe at least enough of it to scare them from voting Biden. 

Regardless of what the polls are now - since they can easily change in a very short time the dems need to act like they are 10 pts behind right up until the election (Not saying you are saying otherwise just making an overall point). I wish they were coming out harder right now. A few months ago I could see the approach of if you attack too hard too early you create some sympathy for the incumbent. But there is enough he has done wrong with just these latest two incidents - Covid and the protests - that the attacks should be coming hard and fast soon and keep pounding them.    And stay on whatever is current. Remind people of all the failures and horrid actions like turning the military on American citizens and ignoring Covid.  

I completely understand what you're saying but I also think you're giving too much strategy kudos to Trump and his campaign. They've already been trying to push all of the stuff you mentioned with complete gusto and they can't even manage to stay on message without Trump either completed contradicting them or simply deciding to change his mind halfway into the "strategy". It simply doesn't look like the public is buying his bull**** and pretty much everything he's doing to try and save himself has backfired because he's a goddamn moron and a narcissistic lunatic.

His base will remain, no matter what. He could literally take the physical Constitution out of the National Archives and drop a deuce on it in public and they'd defend him. But there's plenty of evidence that others are abandoning him when you look at the polling and the election results since he's been in office. His handling of the huge crises that have recently happened (covid-19, economic disaster, racial injustice protests) has been miserable and the polling has agreed. 

Even the military now is basically **** slapping him in public, whether it's Mattis explicitly or the active duty generals implicitly. I'm NOT saying anyone should get complacent...quite the opposite...keep it going and don't let up. But Trump's situation right now is MUCH worse than it was in 2016, when he won by a few swing states by the narrowest of margins which put him over the top for the EC. 

9 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I've never understood this.  If you truly support Trump, why would you be embarrassed to say that to some random pollster? Unless you happen to be answering the question on the phone and there are others with you in the room that you don't want to hear your opinion.

I still think Trump gets reelected in November, with an electoral margin smaller than 2016 and more along the lines of what Bush had over Kerry in 2004. 

It's nonsense. It's stuff that the right tells themselves when polls say Trump is super unpopular. "But the polls were so wrong in 2016! It's because people are afraid to say they support Trump! FAKE NEWS!"

Actually, they weren't wrong. The polls right at the end of the race had Clinton up by around 2-3% and that's what she won the popular vote by. 

Trump potentially could win in November but he's in a much worse position now than he was in 2016, as I noted above. 

52 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I think folks are underestimating how bad it would look if Trump somehow "wins" despite national polls showing Biden up by double-digits.

There's a point where fixing the election would be the only explanation for the results, we see that in other countries, its be no different here.

Yeah, I mean like people would revolt if, say, every single state where the polling was within the margin of error, all went to one candidate by just barely enough votes to give him the state.  

26 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Graham & Barr are in the process of issuing subpoenas to ~50 current/former Obama officials related to the Russia investigation.  In my opinion, they are going to do everything in their power over the next 4-5 months to make that entire inquiry "illegal". With the stamp of the DOJ to confirm it. In doing that, they will pin the illegality on Obama & Biden in an all-out assault on their character & criminal intentions. This will cause GOPers in the middle to think twice about pulling the lever for Biden. 

The 18-50yo Dems have got to show up in November. 

Definitely.  Barr will definitely also be announcing INVESTIGATIONS into Biden about BURISMA and anything else they think they can get to stick.  

I think in 2016 the polls were thrown out the window the moment the FBI re-opened the investigation into Hillary Clinton right before election day. I think it depressed the vote severely and a lot of people stayed home. She was already a lackluster candidate but that was the kill shot on a terrible campaign.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I completely understand what you're saying but I also think you're giving too much strategy kudos to Trump and his campaign. They've already been trying to push all of the stuff you mentioned with complete gusto and they can't even manage to stay on message without Trump either completed contradicting them or simply deciding to change his mind halfway into the "strategy". It simply doesn't look like the public is buying his bull**** and pretty much everything he's doing to try and save himself has backfired because he's a goddamn moron and a narcissistic lunatic.

His base will remain, no matter what. He could literally take the physical Constitution out of the National Archives and drop a deuce on it in public and they'd defend him. But there's plenty of evidence that others are abandoning him when you look at the polling and the election results since he's been in office. His handling of the huge crises that have recently happened (covid-19, economic disaster, racial injustice protests) has been miserable and the polling has agreed. 

Even the military now is basically **** slapping him in public, whether it's Mattis explicitly or the active duty generals implicitly. I'm NOT saying anyone should get complacent...quite the opposite...keep it going and don't let up. But Trump's situation right now is MUCH worse than it was in 2016, when he won by a few swing states by the narrowest of margins which put him over the top for the EC. 

I agree mostly. But I disagree they are out in full force. In fact I have seen articles from republican strategists that have complained the trump campaign has not been aggressive enough yet. SO I think there is much to come as we get closer to the election. 

Don't get me wrong, I hope you are 100% and 45 gets completely humiliated by the vote. A historic loss would be excellent. I am just very worried that this far out it's easier to be altruistic but when the vote actually comes do they have the guts to actualy pull the biden lever? 

EIther way, if I were running or advising the Biden campaign I would still campaign like they were 10 pts behind right up to the election. There were in my opinion four very specific reasons Hillary lost and three of them were directly due to poor decisions by the her and the campaign. We cannot afford those types of what I will call unforced errors. ANd if that means the 10 pt lead now goes to 20 or more, great. The bigger the beat down the better as far as I am concerned.

Then, prosecute him for all the things before he even became president then the things he did do that he should be charged for. I hope he rots in a jail cell. I don't think it will ever happen, and in fairness to he preservation of the sanctity of the office of the president an argument can be made that it shouldn't. But an argument can be made he violated that sanctity repeatedly. So my hope is a long prison sentence.  

Then there is the whole delay/steal the election. That woudl bring a whole new set of consequences. Not that he would care. It's all abotu him. 

Archived