Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t think it’s pathetic. The 70 year olds have been in the public eye for decades and that is extremely helpful. It’s also a function of the media’s attention on Washington, it makes it nearly impossible for Governors, who might be young, to gain a national following. 

For example, Gavin Newsome really should be getting a lot more attention. 

If he plays his card right, he will.  But its still early in his career.   

The thing about people complaining that’s it’s all old white men fail to realize that other candidates had a chance but failed. I was a Kamala supporter early but she ran a terrible campaign. This was her race for the taking. 
Then there were several people that had no business being in the race long that kept people from consolidating around a younger candidate. Too many moderate candidates. 

Also, I’m firmly in the camp of “there’s little to no cross over between warren and sanders supporters”

They may occupy the same lane in political ideology but I don’t think warrens supporters support her for the same reasons sanders supporters support him

with respect to the ongoing conversation about unfairly categorizing sanders supporters: I get that it’s not all of them and honestly it may not even be half of them. But it’s a popular perception and in politics often perception is reality. 

of all the people I know, personally, that like warren... I can’t think of one that would choose Sanders over Biden at the moment. 

I think most people disagree with me on this. So, I realize I may be wrong. It’s just my gut feel on things at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

And the pizza is plan pepperoni when you really wanted supreme.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You got a problem with pepperoni? 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ll never understand the appeal of supreme pizza

you pick up a piece and all the **** you supposedly like falls off. 

what you really seem to like is cheese pizza with scarce, random toppings then eating the rest of it like a 2 year old. 

Easy gang.  Beal is out here trying to drop his Xmas/Winter weight.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Also, I’m firmly in the camp of “there’s little to no cross over between warren and sanders supporters”

They may occupy the same lane in political ideology but I don’t think warrens supporters support her for the same reasons sanders supporters support him

with respect to the ongoing conversation about unfairly categorizing sanders supporters: I get that it’s not all of them and honestly it may not even be half of them. But it’s a popular perception and in politics often perception is reality. 

of all the people I know, personally, that like warren... I can’t think of one that would choose Sanders over Biden at the moment. 

I think most people disagree with me on this. So, I realize I may be wrong. It’s just my gut feel on things at the moment. 

As plain as I can put it...

Warren is all about the middle class and views progressive policies as being beneficial to the middle class in this era.

Sanders is about “smashing the establishment” and applies a thin veneer of New Deal progressiveness to lend legitimacy to his campaign.

Its night and day.

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

For example, Gavin Newsome really should be getting a lot more attention. 

I've been saying for a bit that Newsome comes off as a nice balance for the Moderates who are willing to flirt with the progressive lane but don't want to go full Bernie.

1 minute ago, Busch1724 said:

These Bernie people are crazy. Nicole Wallace summed it up best by saying the black electorate resurrected Joe's campaign. This needs to be repeated over and over to drown out the idiots.

Berners will have you believe African Americans are the establishment. 

Nobody is on track to win after 2 or 3 primaries/caucuses. 

Moderates leaving a race and endorsing the most moderate of the remaining candidates is pretty standard. Sometimes there is no need to overthink things.

i voted for bernie over biden. If they cant do some serious self-reflection within that campaign, all his talk is pointless

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Nobody is on track to win after 2 or 3 primaries/caucuses. 

Moderates leaving a race and endorsing the most moderate of the remaining candidates is pretty standard. Sometimes there is no need to overthink things.

This is now a two man race which means it's not a race at all. It's over for Bernie. 

14 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Berners will have you believe African Americans are the establishment. 

Well, you are talking about a bunch of people who bought the theory that the Establishment was conspiring to nominate The Gay Guy.  

Archived