Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

No BBQ?  I knew you were one of them un american liberals.  

Bbq should always be enjoyed liberally 

19 minutes ago, Larry said:

"I don't know what's so wrong with this country."

Been saying the same thing about the US for a while, now.  

I got a pretty good idea

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I can say one thing for sure, it looks like Bernie's unprecedented youth movement didnt go as planned. Less young people being reported voting than in 2016. Im sure there are other factors involved besides just general apathy, but anyone counting on that voter block going forward is kidding themselves. Its really not a thing. 

it has never been a thing

its not a certainty, but generally speaking voter turnout drives results. Higher turnout increases the Dems odds and lower turnout increases the GOP’s odds. I’m not well versed enough on all of it to speak more to it than that but the dems depend on fickle subsets of their base. Yes there are issues with voter suppression, but there’s also a reality that they will, on a whim, decide to just not vote. 

they’ll say things like they thought their candidate was going to win so it didn’t matter, or their candidate didn’t inspire them, or they aren’t liberal enough, or their preferred candidate was not chosen because of a corrupt system or a system that chooses to suppress their policy ideas. 

and all of that is well and good for a discussion about the realities of our political system, but at the end of the day what matters is votes. And these people choose to not vote and the dems depend on them. 

contrast that with the GOP base which, by and large, shows up every election cycle and reliably votes for their party - even when it nominated a clown like Trump that’s demonstrably incompetent, not actually a republican, and demonstrably corrupt.

from a personal perspective: as someone who is more likely to be “hurt” by democrats economic policies than helped, it’s hard to support those policies when a sizable portion of the people demanding the rest of us “give something up” to help them... then don’t even show up to vote. The one thing you can do to actually influence the situation, and you sit out?

its hard enough when every objection to their idea, because of how it impacts you, is met with some form of “wah you’re doing fine suck it up”. But then they don’t even show up to vote?

its hard to want to help in that situation. 

You know if they had taking this route earlier... Who freaking knows..... But nah brah, everyone else is the democratic corporate establishment against us.... And now he is getting smashed everywhere by Biden and now u got to suck up to Obama... At least have some dignity and lose like a man

I think one thing the Biden camp has to keep in mind is to not fall for what some of the Sanders supporters have been criticized for.  I've been as vocal as anyone in criticizing Sanders and the bros, but the concerns voiced by the very large segment of his base is very much valid and real concerns.  I may not agree with their approach to solving it, but their voice should be welcomed in the big tent the Biden camp is trying to pitch.

12 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

You know if they had taking this route earlier... Who freaking knows..... But nah brah, everyone else is the democratic corporate establishment against us.... And now he is getting smashed everywhere by Biden and now u got to suck up to Obama... At least have some dignity and lose like a man

He's not sucking up with Obama.  

He's trying to get people to think Obama is sucking up with him.  

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Willing to concede how I feel to what's actually happening.  I'm still disappointed its Biden out of how many candidates ran.

Is anybody here actually a fan of Biden's?  At the start of the process, did anybody here really want Biden as the winner?

ZOMG!!!  Bloomberg is out!  Rejoice!  

Just now, PeterMP said:

Is anybody here actually a fan of Biden's?  At the start of the process, did anybody here really want Biden as the winner?

I don't think so.  But he's like Domino's that shows up at someone's house when you'd have preferred them to order from your favorite neighborhood spot.  Eh, you know, it's still pizza.  

2 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

There were a few people at first for sure. But then he stumbled and Pete came onto the scene. Now somehow hes basically the only guy left. Bloom dropping out almost cements it for Biden I would think. 

4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

"See him as the winner"?  Or "He was the #1 pick"?  

Suspect there's a lot more of the former than the later.  

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

If you go on r/SandersForPresident, you will find out that Elizabeth Warren is not only a snake, but a deep undercover Republican operative who has been working on a multi decade agenda of destroying the progressive movement.

I was banned from that subreddit for trying to rally support to vote for Biden or anyone that won the Dem nomination. This was on Saturday. I was asked "Does Uncle Joe let you pet his leg hairs while you sit on his lap and he reminisces about chilling with Nelson Mandela?"

I responded back "you're pathetic" and was banned.  

Archived