Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

46 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t think it’s pathetic. The 70 year olds have been in the public eye for decades and that is extremely helpful. It’s also a function of the media’s attention on Washington, it makes it nearly impossible for Governors, who might be young, to gain a national following. 

For example, Gavin Newsome really should be getting a lot more attention. 

Both men are too old to trust the most important job in the world. Bernie had a heart attack. Joe is in mental decline.

There needs to be retirement age for all politicians.  70 is good cutoff. That will 70 year old would have to get  medical/ cognitive evaluation to be allowed to run for reelection, when they would be 74.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Both men are too old to trust the most important job in the world. Bernie had a heart attack. Joe is in mental decline.

There needs to be retirement age for all politicians.  70 is good cutoff. That will 70 year old would have to get  medical/ cognitive evaluation to be allowed to run for reelection, when they would be 74.

I think voters should get to decide who they want to vote for. /shrug

Bernie’s supporters that believe that he is entitled to 100% of the progressive vote can and should pound sand in lieu of attacking Warren. 

Warren is not a snake. She’s a policy wonk with a record of success and a great combination of progressive ideas and pragmatic policy. 

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

Got it.  Liz attacking Bloomberg was part of her anti-Bernie conspiracy.  

Damn, the depths to which this conspiracy will sink  

Does she own a persian cat?  

My brother is a Bernie bro (isn't that what the kids say nowadays?) He says thousands of Bernie supporters would not vote if Biden gets the Dem nomination, which to me is completely absurd and foolhardy. You've spent the last four years complaining about Trump, for good reason, and now you are too butthurt to vote because your boy Bernie got defeated. Wake up. Democrats need unity. If they can't defeat Trump this coming election then I lose all hope in them.

I wonder who the major third party candidate will be? I know someone will emerge. That will hurt the Dem candidate more than Trump.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

My brother is a Bernie bro (isn't that what the kids say nowadays?) He says thousands of Bernie supporters would not vote if Biden gets the Dem nomination, which to me is completely absurd and foolhardy.

And believable.  

13 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

My brother is a Bernie bro (isn't that what the kids say nowadays?) He says thousands of Bernie supporters would not vote if Biden gets the Dem nomination, which to me is completely absurd and foolhardy. You've spent the last four years complaining about Trump, for good reason, and now you are too butthurt to vote because your boy Bernie got defeated. Wake up. Democrats need unity. If they can't defeat Trump this coming election then I lose all hope in them.

I wonder who the major third party candidate will be? I know someone will emerge. That will hurt the Dem candidate more than Trump.

then your brother is basically voting for Trump and you should tell him that at every chance. Cutting off the nose to spite the face. I'd blame him more than the Cult45 folks.

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think voters should get to decide who they want to vote for. /shrug

While people age differently, it's a fact you decline mentally as you age.

Who knows many wrong decisions were made in the 80'S under Reagan due to his age.  We see the mental decline in Trump.

The presidency is something you don't give to elderly. That's way I feel.

If you feel that way about the older end of the spectrum; do you feel that way about the younger end: 18 to 34. Shouldn't we be able to vote for under 35?

=============================================

I expect race to go negative now. Bernie is already airing negative adds against Joe. Spotlighting his comments and voting record.

I think the only thing left for Lizzie, is she has to decide who will she endorse; if anyone.

The shift to Biden was not because of love for Joe among the pols; it was to save their assess. Bernie would cause many to lose; Joe gives them a chance of winning. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

then your brother is basically voting for Trump and you should tell him that at every chance. Cutting off the nose to spite the face. I'd blame him more than the Cult45 folks.

I agree. I try to but he's a grumpy cynical depressed person who has significant problems. He's also an alcoholic. He has problems that go way beyond being a hardcore Bernie Sanders supporter. 

I don't even consider myself a huge political person, I'm fairly ambivalent for the most part, but when it comes down to business aka defeating Trump, it is pretty clear that all people need to be on board. People need to get their priorities straight and quit quibbling. I think all the Democratic candidates agree on most of the issues for the most part. Affordable healthcare and housing, equal access to education, income equality, combatting global warming, etc. How each candidate frames it is secondary to defeating Trump. 

So yeah, Bernie people need to swallow their pride and focus on what is important. 

18 hours ago, visionary said:

Well, all the Iraqis have to do to register their dissatisfaction with Biden is show up at the ballot box.  Oh, wait.

17 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

I'm glad most African Americans ain't buying what BS is selling...... I am African American and in my late 30s

I think more of us, like the rest of the Dems are buying it these days. Thing is, Bernie is the wrong person to manage the needed “revolution. I like a lot of his positions but he’s got to be able to show & prove with actual data and numbers how he’s going to do what he says. He also has little, if any history of working with others to get stuff done and almost certainly a closet full of skeletons similar to or worse than his Cuba/Castro comments. If these qualities sound familiar, maybe Bernie needs to be E. Warren.😃Beating Tя☭mp is paramount but I don’t even think he can do that, let alone move the needle if he gets into office.

I will say this. Biden better not go back to the business as usual, “we’ve won the election, now ignore the people that won it for us” formula. I’m expecting concrete accomplishments or at least Tя☭mp-style authoritarian efforts on criminal justice reform, education/income disparities, etc. or don’t expect me to show up for the next election.

33 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There’s a lower age limit, so why not an upper age limit too? However, I’d say mid 70s would be better. Given my looming proximity to that neighborhood, 70 isn’t “old”.😉

30 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well Churchill was 70 in 1940. Can't think of a better politician/leader and glad he wasn't cut off.

So, we are in the era of Cult politics.

There was the Ron Paul cult.

We have the Bernie and Donnie cult.

Who will be next?  Who becomes the new Trump on the right? Who becomes the new Bernie on the left.?

There will be someone to take the mantel, once they are gone.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

So, we are in the era of Cult politics.

There was the Ron Paul cult.

We have the Bernie and Donnie cult.

Who will be next?  Who becomes the new Trump on the right? Who becomes the new Bernie on the left.?

There will be someone to take the mantel, once they are gone.

AOC looks like the natural successor for the loony left. Not sure who on the right would replace Trump (one of his kids maybe?). That is a good question though - Who will the Trumpsters turn too after Trump?

Just now, nonniey said:

AOC looks like the natural successor for the loony left. Not sure who on the right would replace Trump (one of his kids maybe?). That is a good question though - Who will the Trumpsters turn too after Trump?

Oh lord....  AOC vs Don Jr. for POTUS.  Shoot me now

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I don't consider AOC loony.....that's Ilhan

16 minutes ago, visionary said:

It’s really frustrating when I see people I respect and follow in various online communities liking these sorts of statements.

The contempt for people who don’t fall in line is easily the worst attribute of populism. Sorry you didn’t get your way.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

I prefer AOC to Bernie, by a lot.  At least she tries to reach out to others and she’s pretty good at her job.

That's fair.  I'll take that back on AOC.  

Are campaign updates by the candidates a regular thing?  I don't recall one of these before

30 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

While people age differently, it's a fact you decline mentally as you age.

Who knows many wrong decisions were made in the 80'S under Reagan due to his age.  We see the mental decline in Trump.

The presidency is something you don't give to elderly. That's way I feel.

If you feel that way about the older end of the spectrum; do you feel that way about the younger end: 18 to 34. Shouldn't we be able to vote for under 35?

Yep, people decline. If it’s bad and evident, people shouldn’t vote for that person. If they like that person anyways, they should.    This is how democracy (and capitalism) works. 

I personally don’t ever foresee myself think that a person under 35 is qualified to be POTUS, butI dont need any legal restrictions on this issue. 

Archived