Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He already has the black vote.  He needs some Hispanic help

I agree, but on the other hand he shouldn't assume that picking a running mate of a certain race will guarantee their support, if he doesn't also speak to issues they care about.  

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

For Biden, I said earlier that he should beg Abrams to take the job.  It's not just because she's a black woman, although I know a lot of people feel like he needs to check some boxes.  I'd kind of argue that Biden doesn't need to specifically nominate a black person because he already clearly has their support, although I'd be shocked if he didn't pick a woman.  I'd be in favor of Abrams regardless of her demographics.  Has anyone listened to Stacy Abrams explain stuff?  She's both brilliant and totally approachable and funny.  Her politics are in the sweet spot for a huge swath of voters.  She is one of the county's leading expert in a very important issue (voting rights).  She would destroy Pence in a debate and she would make a great POTUS.  

And this is the most important part right? 

Also, being stuck in GA, VP may be the best pathway to the national stage (although it would be incredible if she could win a statewide office there).

53 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I also have thought for a while that whoever the nominee would be should roll out a bunch of Cabinet and other top-level appointments thru the late summer and fall. You could dominate a bunch of news cycles, shore up some demographic enthusiasm, add some geographical interest, and draw a contest between the sane competent choices and the clown show that Trump has produced

Think I've read that there's a federal law that forbids anyone from offering any government position before they've been elected. 

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I also have thought for a while that whoever the nominee would be should roll out a bunch of Cabinet and other top-level appointments thru the late summer and fall. You could dominate a bunch of news cycles, shore up some demographic enthusiasm, add some geographical interest, and draw a contest between the sane competent choices and the clown show that Trump has produced. 

I think this is a great idea and, to add to your very good reasons, I would use it to blunt Trump's attempts to make news.  Like, during his usual chaos, I would keep them under wraps and simply point to the chaos, but when he actually does something useful, BAM, Kamala Harris is my pick for AG.  

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think this is a great idea and, to add to your very good reasons, I would use it to blunt Trump's attempts to make news.  Like, during his usual chaos, I would keep them under wraps and simply point to the chaos, but when he actually does something useful, BAM, Kamala Harris is my pick for AG.  

Or when one of Trump crony messes up, Biden could announce his pick and hold a press conference about what should've been done instead.  Just run a shadow cabinet for the whole year to mess with Trump's mind.

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I also have thought for a while that whoever the nominee would be should roll out a bunch of Cabinet and other top-level appointments thru the late summer and fall. You could dominate a bunch of news cycles, shore up some demographic enthusiasm, add some geographical interest, and draw a contest between the sane competent choices and the clown show that Trump has produced. 

that is an incredible idea. I’ve gone on about this here and there, but trump is a headline one-upper. He knows how to take your big news story, and make it about him. 

and I’ve always wondered what the Dems would have in store to deal with that. 

this is one solid idea. They need more of them. 

i think the dems need to be the patriots against the redskins in a random regular season game. Winning isn’t enough. 52-9 final score is acceptable. Crush trump. Make it a statement. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

that is an incredible idea. I’ve gone on about this here and there, but trump is a headline one-upper. He knows how to take your big news story, and make it about him. 

i think the dems need to be the patriots against the redskins in a random regular season game. Winning isn’t enough. 52-9 final score is acceptable. Crush trump. Make it a statement. 

It makes me feel icky to say this, but they could learn from Trump and leak lists of finalists or whatever to increase drama.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

I think I have some OK ideas. It's why I applied to the Warren campaign early last year, and said I wasn't even looking to be paid, but they never called me back. I guess its not surprising since I don't have any real experience, so I can't expect a job discussing strategy, but I just wanted a 15 minute interview. I don't hold it against her, but it's frustrating watching her make mistakes I would have advised her against. 

But whatever.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I haven’t seen any ads attacking Bernie Sanders.  Don’t watch much TV tho.

I mean, Bloomberg ran some ads attacking Bernie. But Biden has a point, “the establishment” is just a euphemism for “reliable Democrat voters.”  

**** you Bernie, my vote counts just as much as your crybaby supporters. 

There is definitely a little piece of me that frowns when I watch sanders. 

The man really believes in it. That’s why he’s got a long track record of pushing it. He doesn’t change his mind to get a boost in poll numbers. He’s only interested in pushing what he thinks is right. And he’s worked very very hard to get where he is, running a second big time, meaningful campaign for president in a row. 

even if I don’t like his policies and don’t really want him to win, I can’t help but feel sad for that story. Especially watching it unfold, live. It sucks watching someone fail like that (not sure fail is the right word)

Archived