Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

wow, i didn’t think the speech was that bad....

I don't think it was bad as much as I just want better from one of the top presidential candidates.  It doesn't seem focused and sharp enough.

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Somebody please get Biden campaign a speech writer

Agreed. He says the same thing over and over again and the execution needs to be better. I like somber, calmer Joe Biden instead of the ramped up Joe Biden. I know he has to bring the energy for the crowd and all but I would have him start out calm and heartfelt (he does that well) thanking his supporters and the people who got him where he is and then ramp it up "gotta sell the excitement" stuff.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I don't think it was bad as much as I just want better from one of the top presidential candidates.  It doesn't seem focused and sharp enough.

The line about not living up to all men are created equal but never turning away from it until trump i felt was pretty effective.   Most of trumps pre election speaches were basically middle school bullying and it was good enough for him to win.

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

My faith in the reputation of excellent security provided by the secret service was destroyed the moment that second shoe tumbled through the air at President Bush.

Dubya's quick duck and grin was the most impressive thing about his presidency.

The next debate is 3/15.

It will be either a one on one with Sanders vs. Biden  or a three-way with Sanders-Warren-Biden.  That actually will be interesting and we could actually have a good discussion. Though haven't to awake that long might be too much for him. :ols:

Just now, Dan T. said:

True. But shouty Joe is better in smaller doses. 

Though he is understandably pumped up on a huge night for him. 

I love shouting Joe.  I think he’s at his best when he’s fired up.  He gets in trouble when he tries to be cool and witty.  That was Obama’s game, Joe is a different sort of cat.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Biden gave them props but it was in a half-hearted shouty kind of way that cheapened it. Biden blew a big chance tonight and should have gone with the same heartfelt approach he had when speaking about Buttigieg the other night. He didn't really need a long speech about each person who endorsed him but just offer some that famous Biden emotion and let those people know how appreciative you are. That stuff sells.

53 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Oh i agree. Im just saying Biden shouldn’t pick someone to try and placate BernieBros. I think, if he wins, he should beg Abrams to accept the job. 

That’s my thought you can’t have it 

Bernie’s best electability argument is that he could turn out the youth vote. And then you look at the youth vote in the primaries and it’s your typical, abysmal numbers. He’s not turning out the voters he needs when just the nomination is on the line, yet the expectation is that he will pull off a large increase in the general to offset the ever reliable old people. 

I’m probably voting for him in MD at this point but there’s a lot of BS associated with his campaign that gives his supporters unrealistic expectations. We have a civics problem in this country where the youth just don’t take politics seriously and no one but a massive, driven culture change of an absurd magnitude is changing that. Banking your election on the youth is the surest way to never win public office of any kind in America.

Archived