Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

You won't get the full California results tonight but you should get enough to see how big Bernie wins there tonight.

Bernie is leading Texas and that's not good for Joe. He needs to beat Bernie there outright.

Tulsi was born in American Somoa, so that's why she won a delegate there.

Lizzie is having a poor night. She isn't winning as many delegates as it appears Bloomberg is. Looks like she will have to rely on finishing 2nd in California to give her a decent delegate haul.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Less than enthused to see 2016 unfolding before my eyes again. Sorry. That's definitely not a year I wanted to repeat. 

Hopefully the old, out of touch white centrist is able to get the job done this time. I'll certainly vote for him. 

In 2016, Sanders got smoked by Hillary and went to the convention begging for the Super Delegates to give him the nom anyway.

In 2020, the old, out of touch frontrunner got smoked by the black vote and many privileged tears were shed.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm really sad for Warren. This may be her last chance, you never know at her age, and, frankly, she was the right person for the job. My wife voted for her and she was right to do that. 

To be fair, Biden, Bernie, Bloomberg, and even Pelosi, are all nearly a decade older. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm really sad for Warren. This may be her last chance, you never know at her age, and, frankly, she was the right person for the job. My wife voted for her and she was right to do that. 

Not that I'm rooting for this (EMPHASIS ON THIS)... but fi Trump is re-elected, I think Warren starts 2024 as the clear Dem frontrunner. 

Lizzie you have no convention strategy. 

Here's the next 2 weeks: 

3/10 

Idaho (20)

Michigan (125)

Mississippi (36)

Missouri (68)

North Dakota (14)

Washington (89)

3/17 

Arizona (67)

Florida (219)

Illinois (155)

Northern Marianas (6)

Ohio (136)

It's over Lizzie, drop out.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not that I'm rooting for this (EMPHASIS ON THIS)... but fi Trump is re-elected, I think Warren starts 2024 as the clear Dem frontrunner. 

Nah they'll be done with running older candidates if they lose this time around.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Nah they'll be done with running older candidates if they lose this time around.

Come on, everyone knows it's going to be Don Jr against Hunter Biden in an epic grudge match. 

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Lizzie you have no convention strategy. 

Here's the next 2 weeks: 

3/10 

Idaho (20)

Michigan (125)

Mississippi (36)

Missouri (68)

North Dakota (14)

Washington (89)

3/17 

Arizona (67)

Florida (219)

Illinois (155)

Northern Marianas (6)

Ohio (136)

It's over Lizzie, drop out.

Warren staying in helps Biden because she gets her strongest support from the left wing of the party which would otherwise favor Bernie.  The Democratic Party probably begged Pete and Amy to drop before today, but wanted Warren to stay in.  Even if they won’t admit it.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

In 2016, Sanders got smoked by Hillary and went to the convention begging for the Super Delegates to give him the nom anyway.

In 2020, the old, out of touch frontrunner got smoked by the black vote and many privileged tears were shed.

Very odd to harp on about the black vote and privilege with regards to Bernie when he's put a great deal of effort into courting a wider range of demographics in this campaign. It just wasn't enough. Conflating his mission statement with his annoying white supporters is a mistake. 

If this were about Biden crushing Buttigieg with the black vote, that would make more sense. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah,, right. This was going to be the election of the next generation. And we're watching 3 78 year old men battling it out. 

4 years from now, those 78 year olds might not even be alive. A portion of their voters, well Biden and Bloomberg will have died off. 

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Apparently VA turnout was double 2016.  So there's good news on the turnout front.

My mistake.  I jumped to a conclusion because I thought the vote totals in VA were less than 800K total, but I thought that was with all of the precincts reporting.  It jumped to  ~1.3 million total with all of the precincts reporting.  That's a much better sign for Democratic energy in VA.

Voted this morning in San Jose.  Polling place was actually closer.  However they added an electric voting option whicH complicated things . It also seemed like there was more voter verification this time Compared to 2018. They had these iPad things and even though I had my drivers license my address wasn’t correct so they asked me to verify.  And I had to sign a fraud acknowledgement I don’t remember last time around

I chose paper ballot.  They had to print it out on demand.  And after completion I actually had to feed it into a scanning machine page by page myself.  Used to be Ithey stuffed the ballot in that cooler thing..

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

if he's re-elected, there won't be elections in 2024

Who says there will be an election this year.  Trump could declare martial law and postpone the 2020 election due to the coronavirus.   Assuming he's doesn't die from it; if Pence got it.  If Pence got it, Trump and alot of his cabinet probably got it.

Archived