Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Trump is loathed with the fire of a thousand suns in VA. The GOP isn’t winning any meaningful election in this state for generations at this point. 

I think that's more Northern Virginia and the college areas in the other parts of the state.  The rest of VA love him and would like to become a part of West Virginia now.

16 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You won't get the full California results tonight but you should get enough to see how big Bernie wins there tonight.

Bernie is leading Texas and that's not good for Joe. He needs to beat Bernie there outright.

Tulsi was born in American Somoa, so that's why she won a delegate there.

Lizzie is having a poor night. She isn't winning as many delegates as it appears Bloomberg is. Looks like she will have to rely on finishing 2nd in California to give her a decent delegate haul.

NYT needle currently favors Biden because a big part of the vote that is already in is from Austin, which is Bernie country, and not Houston or the Metroplex. 

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think that's more Northern Virginia and the college areas in the other parts of the state.  The rest of VA love him and would like to become a part of West Virginia now.

NoVa and the southeast coast have dominated VA for awhile now.  I’d love for the southwest part of the state to leave so my tax dollars stayed in NoVa. 

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Virginia and West Virginia can't come together, they're cousins and...oh...

I'm not looking forward to the abuse Warren is going to receive from some of the Sanders supporters.  I don't think Sanders pick up as much from Warren as some expect.  Lot of people who remained with Warren have a pragmatic streak.  They stayed with Warren because they believe her ability to get things done but not Sanders.

Pitch:  a reality TV show where Bloomberg, Steyer and Howard Schultz travel the country trying to get regular folks to like them, but with only $100 to spend per episode. They do things like organize small town parades and charity events and church bakesales. They can double their budget to $200 by beating the other contestants in extremely embarrassing physical challenges. 

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I still think it's going to be Biden/Harris. 

Harris terrorizing Pence would be fun. 

I really like Harris, and putting s woman of color on the ticket would be a really good idea.

However, for all the mistakes Hillary made in 2016, her biggest one was not realizing from the convention that her biggest challenge was uniting the party, energizing the base and activating the youth vote. She needed a progressive on the ticket to do that, and no, Tim Kaine isn't it (it didn't help to buddy up with Debbie Wasserman Shultz).

Choosing Harris is the same issue. She ain't gonna placate the Bernie Bros, or the Warren voters.

Maybe Abrams does that.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Choosing Harris is the same issue. She ain't gonna placate the Bernie Bros, or the Warren voters.

Maybe Abrams does that.

This isn't how you do it in 2020 though.

You don't placate, you change the story.

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I really like Harris, and putting s woman of color on the ticket would be a really good idea.

However, for all the mistakes Hillary made in 2016, her biggest one was not realizing from the convention that her biggest challenge was uniting the party, energizing the base and activating the youth vote. She needed a progressive on the ticket to do that, and no, Tim Kaine isn't it (it didn't help to buddy up with Debbie Wasserman Shultz).

Maybe Abrams does that.

Nothing can placate Bernie’s hardcore supporters. They are spoiled brats who want their way and nothing else. 

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

This isn't how you do it in 2020 though.

You don't placate, you change the story.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Nothing can placate Bernie’s hardcore supporters. They are spoiled brats who want their way and nothing else. 

That all sounds hunky-dory. But Hillary lost by not turning out the youth and progressive vote and driving turnout. She instead futilely chased GOP votes.

Biden choosing another moderate is literally repeating that strategy.

I see a Warren endorsement of Sanders if she drops out.

James Carville is on MSNBC saying Sanders should start to consider to not drag this race to long. He clearly thinks Sanders needs to drop out.

Bill Weld has won a delegate against Trump.  Trump's scared now. :ols:

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That all sounds hunky-dory. But Hillary lost by not turning out the youth and progressive vote and driving turnout. She instead futilely chased GOP votes.

Biden choosing another moderate is literally repeating that strategy.

Oh i agree. Im just saying Biden shouldn’t pick someone to try and placate BernieBros. I think, if he wins, he should beg Abrams to accept the job. 

Archived