Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I feel you on this and it's basically where I am at. Can we just try something different where somebody actually will try to change things? Something like that that people can get behind? Biden isn't inspiring anybody, anti-Trump sentiment is the only real reason to vote for him. Someone that can "turn the lights on day 1" which is a phrase that I can't express enough how much I hate. Let Bernie inspire those to turnout that want change, shaking up the status quo, an economy that works for them etc, and let the anti-Trump sentiment carry those that don't really like Bernie along with him. 

No one is going to out inspire Obama.  And that was good for one landmark legislation.  

The solution to obstructionist do nothing Congress doesn't lie with the executive.  We need to do away with the filibuster, reform senate and house rules to allow much smaller minority to introduce legislation for a vote, reform the amendment system to allow ranked voting of competing bills, and have a national proposition system.  It will mean that it becomes much easier for both sides to pass bills that will make opposition's blood boil.  But Congress will go back to work.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I really want to vote for her. She's pick 1-5 for me. But I have to vote Biden here in California since Bernie is overwhelmingly favored to win here. 

As an aside..after last night is Beto making a strong play for Biden's potential VP pick? He definitely stil has a rock star status about him.

Totally understand and respect that.  Liz will still pick up a nice chunk of delegates tonight and keep her message out there with grace and style.

We NEED people like her on the national stage and I intend to reward her conviction.

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

But if y’all are ok with settling for how I feel, then I feel like we need to do something drastically different from what we have done previously. And Biden telling me we need to get back to what worked, when I don’t feel like it ever worked for me, makes me feel like he’s not the candidate for me. I have found Dems soft politically for about as long as I have been paying attention. I don’t want them to be soft anymore. I would prefer that use the system as well. But to HELP us. That’s just where I’m at. 

Obviously I’m just one guy without any political power besides my vote. So unless many people feel the way I do, it doesn’t really matter. But that’s why I like to share it with y’all. Atleast usually 😛 

Sometimes I post stuff just to see how out of bounds I am, and ya, you're cool people's, too

Buy if Dems win, they'll have two year to convince people not to take power back from them.  Obama was too nice to figure it out until it was too late, but I'm convinced he did that so we dont have to.

Having said that, coming out an authoritarian government. The worst thing we could do is break the rules too talking about it's for the good of the country.  I e said this before, you cant break the rules to fix the rules you use the rules to fix the rules.

Jus want to make clear theres a difference between not being soft and ignoring the rules, too. Theres a middle ground I want to. believe you are looking for, and I dont think Biden knows what that is yet. But what you are suggesting could have the GOP storming back in 2022, it's like not cheating on your wife so she can never say she was right you were doing it, theres no way out of that one, your trapped.  You think Fox is bad when they lie, it's worse when their right.

It doesn't matter how cordial Biden is, the GOP are going to trash him just as much as they would any other candidate.  Don't think the Burisma/Hunter stuff has gone away, they are just collecting up the cache and lying in wait just in case Biden pulls this thing off.  By October they will have "centrists" believing Biden is to the left of Bernie. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Why is anyone who doesn't want Trump to win voting for Biden? Please instill confidence, as right now I'm certain he's just a ticket to another 4 years of Trump's horrendous administration. 

He’s a better candidate than Hillary and Hillary beat Trump by 3 million votes.

Edit:  And hes very strong with black voters.

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Why is anyone who doesn't want Trump to win voting for Biden? Please instill confidence, as right now I'm certain he's just a ticket to another 4 years of Trump's horrendous administration. 

Based on polling, Biden and Sanders clearly do best among the dem field.  Would love to be able to run a transformative candidate like Obama, but it is what it is.

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He’s a better candidate than Hillary and Hillary beat Trump by 3 million votes.

Edit:  And hes very strong with black voters.

But trump wasn't an incumbent then, especially one with a strong economy. 

I believe it'll take a recession to get trump out of office. 

47 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Nah Beto sucks..... Buttigeg has to be a VP candidate... And a good cover in case Biden croaks early... {God forbid} 

Two white male centrists is a good way to ensure the Dems lose. 

Wouldn't totally suprise me if Biden is dumb enough to do that, though. 

48 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Agreed. Biden will get wrecked by Trump. It'd be Hillary all over again but worse.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Now that’s keeping it real.  You should back it up with a robust donation.

As long as he keeps sending me emails I’m gonna keep giving money.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. Biden will get wrecked by Trump. It'd be Hillary all over again but worse.

Except black people might show up this time.

I voted today and at my polling place it was divided into two check in lines, Democrats and Republicans. While I was there, the Democrat line was full, the Republican one empty.  Everyone was white there, except one poll worker who was Black.

I was going to vote for Warren. After last night hearing Biden, I voted for him. I'll still vote for the candidate.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

And slighted Bernie Bros won't show up at all. 

Increasingly, I'm wishing that either Bernie or Warren hadn't ran and backed the other instead. There could have been greater unification. 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We showed up...just a little late is all.

A little off topic: is anyone else a bit excited that VA is a state that actually matters in the presidential election now? I don't know, I just don't remember us getting this much attention pre 2008.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I doubt it could get any worse than that trainwreck in 2016. Biden doesn't haven anywhere near the baggage Hillary does and she's the blueprint for how not to run a Presidential campaign. First of all I don't think Biden is dumb enough to completely ignore rust belt states like Michigan and Wisconsin thinking  he has those states in the bag already. Secondly, I doubt Biden will stupidly go radio silent for a month doing fundraisers while Trump and the media beat him over the head with a propped up scandal like Hillary did with the "pay for play" Clinton Foundation stuff.  And last, I don't foresee the FBI publicly announcing an investigation into a Presidential candidate one week before the election again lol. It'll take A LOT to go wrong for Biden to be worse than Hillary.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Increasingly, I'm wishing that either Bernie or Warren hadn't ran and backed the other instead. There could have been greater unification. 

That’s the rub.  One side will likely take the other out.  Certain Bernie voters won’t show up with Biden.  Certain POC would more likely show with Biden.  Same goes with moderates.

Double edged sword.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

We showed up...just a little late is all.

A little off topic: is anyone else a bit excited that VA is a state that actually matters in the presidential election now? I don't know, I just don't remember us getting this much attention pre 2008.

I like mattering.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

They never have, ever...not even once in any election that mattered.

Bernie Bros are now and always have been the Libertarian/Green/Wack party voter for as long as any of us have been alive.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That’s the rub.  One side will likely take the other out.  Certain Bernie voters won’t show up with Biden.  Certain POC would more likely show with Biden.  Same goes with moderates.

Double edged sword.

I like mattering.

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the mattering.

Something tells me that Warren isn't going to back out anytime soon. I wonder if someone is "convincing" her to hold out a bit longer?

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I felt the same when I voted for Pete today.

Ok, I'm curious why you voted for Pete after he endorsed Biden and even put out a fundraising email for him.  

You don't have to explain it, but it confuses me a bit at this point.  And Pete was my favorite candidate. 

Archived