Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You do know in many cases the ballots are printed early on; so that’s why long since departed candidates are still on the ballot.

I do know that, but this is unacceptable, how early, because not everyone that ran was on the ballot.

https://wtop.com/presidential-election/2020/03/the-candidates-who-dropped-out-are-still-on-virginias-super-tuesday-ballot/

Castro dropped out two months ago. At minimum, print a list of only the folks still running to hand to everyone that votes.  Where are the ballots made for our state and when?  How do we improve that?

Again, I refuse to accept we cant find a solution for this, refuse.

VaSampleBallotSuperTuesday.jpg

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

A lot place people have been early voting for weeks.

So what? 

Let people keep voting for folks that have dropped out and assume they know that?

At minimum make sure they know, having two thirds of the ballot dropped out and not saying a word about it on election day seems wrong as hell, we have to do better.

Unacceptable, we have to figure it out. Not interested in excuses, jus solutions.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

so, lets say Bernie pulls off today, what is the DNC's plan going forward?

Wait it out and see what happens.  It’s only been a couple of days since South Carolina and the endorsements have been pouring in, so a lot can happen in the primary and outside it to effect things and there are a lot of states left. 

What I wonder is, if much of the party backs someone other than Bernie, and he ends up winning, what does he do?  He’a shown little inclination to unify the party, or reach out to those with different ideas so far in this campaign.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

He’a shown little inclination to unify the party, or reach out to those with different ideas so far in this campaign.

Thinking hes going for unifying folks regardless of party and hoping that works. But you right, hes running as a Democrat, not an independent, he needs the moderates to pull this off. 

I dont expect him to change his platform, but he does have to change his tone with them. It's being pragmatic at this point. Which begs the question, will moderates mass endorse him like they are Biden right now? Which comes first, which needs to come first?

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

so, lets say Bernie pulls off today, what is the DNC's plan going forward?

They probably put pressure on Bloomberg (it's still hard to see whether Warren is siphoning from Sanders, Biden, or both).

I think pundits have been saying that it's a near lock that Sanders will win tonight.  During South Carolina coverage, Kornacki was saying that the best case scenario for Sanders was about a 250 delegate lead coming out Super Tuesday (No one else gets 15% in CA, margin is close in states Biden wins with Bloomberg winning or siphoning a lot from Biden for a few states).  That becomes very hard to catch.

Best case for Biden was that he's behind only about 150 delegates coming out of today (he and Warren both top 15% in CA, he wins or stays very close in TX, runs up the margins in the south).  That keeps him close enough with favorable states like GA and FL upcoming.

We'll see what if any momentum Biden really has by seeing where the outcome lands between the spectrum.

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

We'll see what if any momentum Biden really has by seeing where the outcome lands between the spectrum.

All Biden really needs is to stop Bernie form getting 1991. If its contested its going to Biden and its almost assuredly going to be contested with 4 people in the race. So really he just has to tread water and hes good. 

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thinking hes going for unifying folks regardless of party and hoping that works. But you right, hes running as a Democrat, not an independent, he needs the moderates to pull this off. 

I dont expect him to change his platform, but he does have to change his tone with them. It's being pragmatic at this point. Which begs the question, will moderates mass endorse him like they are Biden right now? Which comes first, which needs to come first?

I think Sanders has a better path of nabbing some big name endorsements and get the rank and file to follow.  Maybe someone like Sherrod Brown could be persuaded (populist with strong union support, exasperated at times with mainstream DNC).

It gets harder though when some of his base talks about running a primary candidate against people like Pelosi.  Lot of moderate Dems think (perhaps correctly) that the target is not just on the GOP, it's also on them.

I think ballots are printed pretty early In the process.  There’s a set deadline as to when they make the ballots And that deadline is early. They don’t want to keep making new ballots, every time someone drops out.

I do think most voters know which candidates are still running.

The states aren’t to going to spend money to fix that.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So really he just has to tread water and hes good. 

This may be, but let's not get complacent. We saw the cost of that. If you get a chance to make a short, 10-second shoutout on your way out of a convenience store, do it. (just an example) 

We can all do just a little something to help. This is important. Let's fight for our democracy & get trump the **** out. 

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Here is a fun Super Tuesday topic.

If the Democratic Party pulls its strings to make Biden the nominee who is more likely to run as a third party candidate? Bernie or Bloomberg?

Why would Bloomberg run third party. He just doesn’t want Sanders.

Sanders is the answer. Since the Dem convention is mid July; how realistic would it be for Sanders to get on the ballot in all 50 states.

You know since a contested convention means this won’t be decided until the 2nd or later ballots; who says we have to go with Sanders or Biden.

The delegates are free to vote for whomever in the later rounds I think. We could get someone else entirely.

Pretty sure Hillary would make a bid then. She would be rejected but maybe Sherrod Brown as a compromise unity candidate.

10 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I’m for Warren due to her policies on student loans debt, but wouldn’t be against Bernie. 

That being said, these candidates that had a losing platform are banding together for another career loser who road the coattails of Obama. It’s sad, and clearly they don’t care about changing much. Just acting like they want to while looking to “ heal “ the nation rather than fix the real problems. What a joke. Just bail out and support whoever gets the nod. Is it that hard? 

“Time to heal the nation.” 
“ we take the high road “

Thats the kind of weak platform that’s guaranteed to lose. Did these people just close their eyes to the last 3 years? 

I agree completely. All of Trump's social ills are baked in at this point. The "we go high when they go low" BS didn't work last time and it won't work this time. I don't see why these candidates are so scared to attack Trump on his supposed strength, the economy. Trump targeted the "left behinds" in 2016 like the manufacturing sector (that's been in a year long recession), steel workers (U.S. steel has been tanking), farmers (they're on bailouts going on year 3). Why hasn't anyone bothered to hammer Trump on this every chance they get? They have to stop letting him shape the narrative of the economy.  Meanwhile deficits are soaring (you never hear about this anymore) thanks largely to the tax cut that was advertised to bring in 4-5% GDP growth by Trump and the RINOs and instead this past year barely got above 2%. What happened to the Tea Party and "fiscal conservatives" that were so rampant from 2009-2016? If I were Biden I would point that out every chance I get.

I spent legitimately 10 times as long in Starbucks this morning as it took to get through the voting line.  Get out and vote folks.

Regarding the ballot, I discussed that with one of the workers since I was surprised to see people like Michael Bennet on there, they said it is printed in January for early voting and doesn't change afterwards.  I do agree it would be nice for lower information voters to be given a list of who is still actually a candidate, though I hesitate to pander to morons.

37 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I like joe as a person, but i cant vote for anyone who thinks mcconnell is going to magically act right if biden wins.

I voted for bernie this morning. Not exactly thrilled to do so, but its done

I don't think he really believes that now. But he says that because it seems like he's not an absolutist. When you're running against a Bernie, you need to seem like you are open to getting things done even if you know the other side will obstruct. The change would need to be if elected. Then he can't be like Obama those first few years trying to reach out.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Bernie isn’t running third party. The only person whacky enough to do it is Tulsi Gabbard. 

If millions of people write you in, does that count as 3rd party? It would be just as damaging. 

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

All Biden really needs is to stop Bernie form getting 1991. If its contested its going to Biden and its almost assuredly going to be contested with 4 people in the race. So really he just has to tread water and hes good. 

He needs a plurality at least or else the Bernie voters are going to be pissed. If Bernie has a the plurality and doesn't win the nomination, that whole wing of voters is lost and you can go ahead and schedule Trump's next victory speech

Archived