Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Not really.  I think she would endorse Bernie if she drops out.  Bernie is closer to her views than Joe is.

Also, if she wins a couple of hundred delegates; she's not dropping out. She is going to attempt to pursue her contested convention strategy.

Warren’s policies are similar but her politics are completely different.  

Bernie has spent his entire life in politics without building meaningful alliances or coalitions.  Don’t be surprised if Liz makes the more pragmatic choice.

3 minutes ago, China said:

Both.

Wish I could buy that. Until a couple days ago with a plethora of options he was getting his ass handed to him in state after state.  Hes absorbing all the moderates dropping out to catch up with Bernie. 

The polls show a surge, technically right, I'm jus not buying Biden is who everyone is changing their mind to wanting to be president.  If one of the other moderates did better theyd be the ones consolidating instead.

Biden is getting annointed, not endorsed.  Up to the voters to decide if that's who they want versus DNC trying to protect their party with the best chance they have.

For the life of me, I wish they had picked Warren, but shes probably going to be VP, so it's going to work out. She peaked too early, GD shame.

24 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Not to delve to deeply into the math problem but you would expect a billionaires roi to be well over 3 percent. So if his wealth gains 10 percent through investment but he has to pay 3 percent to the government he is still making money. 

The historical roi for the uber wealthy is 6.6% from 1982-2018.  I extrapolated 7.76% roi pretax (based on 15% effective tax rate).  After 52% in taxes, that's little less than 4%.  That's lower than 5-8% wealth tax.

I’m for Warren due to her policies on student loans debt, but wouldn’t be against Bernie. 

That being said, these candidates that had a losing platform are banding together for another career loser who road the coattails of Obama. It’s sad, and clearly they don’t care about changing much. Just acting like they want to while looking to “ heal “ the nation rather than fix the real problems. What a joke. Just bail out and support whoever gets the nod. Is it that hard? 

“Time to heal the nation.” 
“ we take the high road “

Thats the kind of weak platform that’s guaranteed to lose. Did these people just close their eyes to the last 3 years? 

Plouffe on the Lawrence O'Donnell show was talking about being puzzled at why Warren didn't do better in this primary cycle (talking about the ability, organization, personal story, etc). 

And I keep coming back to is it because she's a woman?  One of the polling data mentioned early in the show was that #1 issue among female voters was ability to beat Trump.  How many voters who otherwise would've enthusiastically supported Warren got cold feet due to electability concerns?

Warren and Pete were my favorites, but she just didn't seem to catch on after her issues with medicare and tussle with Bernie.  I expected her to do better in Iowa and New Hampshire, but she just kept under-performing votes wise.  

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I’m for Warren due to her policies on student loans debt, but wouldn’t be against Bernie. 

That being said, these candidates that had a losing platform are banding together for another career loser who road the coattails of Obama. It’s sad, and clearly they don’t care about changing much. Just acting like they want to while looking to “ heal “ the nation rather than fix the real problems. What a joke. Just bail out and support whoever gets the nod. Is it that hard? 

“Time to heal the nation.” 

Thats the kind of weak platform that’s guaranteed to lose. Did these people just close their eyes to the last 3 years? 

I love it, but luckily he's also talking about everything else too.  He's attacking the main thing that Trump folks and cross-overs complain about Trump, and fighting for positive forward change on a number of issues. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

he won’t endorse Biden or anyone until after the convention. Why would he other than to render his voice meaningless should his chosen candidate end up losing. He will rally around whoever the nominee is. 

That was my original thought and what I thought was obvious the whole time

but it would make a convincing move to challenge sanders if you think the party needs to save itself from sanders

Just now, tshile said:

That was my original thought and what I thought was obvious the whole time

but it would make a convincing move to challenge sanders if you think the party needs to save itself from sanders

But it would make it harder to bring the party together if it goes to the convention.

Most people want to see justice. We want fairness in the system. I don’t want to talk about healing. I want to know how these people and business wilL get punished. I want to know how this won’t ever happen again. I want to know that the people elected to enforce the rules, care about what my ancestors died for. People want to know that our country stands for something, and stands for the people. This chicken**** about healing, and reaching the trump supporters by bending over for whatever they complained about recently is  such a gutless approach. Trump supporters will never agree with you because, you aren’t on the same team. Stop even thinking about it. 

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Why?

"The collecting, writing, editing, and presenting of news or news articles.

• n.
    Material written for publication or broadcast as news.
  • n.
    The business of a journalist; the occupation of writing for, editing, or producing a newspaper or public journal; the diffusion of intelligence or of opinions by means of journals or newspapers and periodicals."

That's what they do, no?

I guess maybe the problem is I assign too much weight on this idea that they’re supposed to be objective observers reporting facts, not supposed to make themselves the story, feel some duty/loyalty to the general population 

catering to stock holder value was never on my list of items that qualify for “journalistic integrity”

20 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Time to heal the nation.” 

He’s going to heal the nation by cozying up to Republicans like they didn’t just send this country to the ****ter on the express train which he had a front row seat to see, only for Republicans to turn around and **** him over the first chance they get stopping him from accomplishing his attempt to reset the country to 4 years ago rather than pushing it forward. 

Bring it on. Can’t wait to see this disaster 

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Most people want to see justice. We want fairness in the system. I don’t want to talk about healing. I want to know how these people and business wilL get punished. I want to know how this won’t ever happen again. I want to know that the people elected to enforce the rules, care about what my ancestors died for. People want to know that our country stands for something, and stands for the people. This chicken**** about healing, and reaching the trump supporters by bending over for whatever they complained about recently is  such a gutless approach. Trump supporters will never agree with you because, you aren’t on the same team. Stop even thinking about it. 

We do still have to live with them and many of us have Trump supporters in our family....

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He’s going to heal the nation by cozying up to Republicans like they didn’t just send this country to the ****ter on the express train which he had a front row seat to see, only for Republicans to turn around and **** him over the first chance they get stopping him from accomplishing his attempt to reset the country to 4 years ago rather than pushing it forward. 

Bring it on. 

I think it's pretty clear from what he was saying today that Biden will be relying on a variety of other younger and more progressive voices in the coming years and sees himself more as taking the country back from Trump and letting others help make changes afterwards.

Just now, visionary said:

I think it's pretty clear from what he was saying today that Biden will be relying on a variety of other and more progressive voices in the coming years and sees himself more as taking the country back from Trump and letting others help make changes afterwards.

that just doesn’t make sense to me. “I have no worthwhile ideas or plans to actually progress this country forward but I’m not Trump so vote for me and eventually I’ll hand it off to people that actually do have a vision for the country” 

How is this supposed to be a good idea 

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That's true but only if they never make another dollar.

Go back and read through the conversation if you are so inclined.  The historical rate of return of the uber rich, after taxed at what Sanders proposes, is less than what gets taxed annually by the wealth tax.  Thus, there's a net decrease every year.

Archived