Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Oh i agree. Im just saying Biden shouldn’t pick someone to try and placate BernieBros. I think, if he wins, he should beg Abrams to accept the job. 

Not the literal d-bag troll BernieBros. They are gonna btch and moan no matter what. But the vast majority of Bernie supporters will vote for the Dem nominee. If Biden is going to win, its gonna be reliant on a few percent of the young Bernie supporters turning out.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not the literal d-bag troll BernieBros. They are gonna btch and moan no matter what. But the vast majority of Bernie supporters will vote for the Dem nominee. If Biden is going to win, its gonna be reliant on a few percent of the young Bernie supporters turning out.

I think “vast majority” is overstating it, but that lot will vote against Trump no matter what. Again, no reason to base a veep decision on what they want. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That all sounds hunky-dory. But Hillary lost by not turning out the youth and progressive vote and driving turnout. She instead futilely chased GOP votes.

Biden choosing another moderate is literally repeating that strategy.

Disagree about why Hillary lost but that's old news.

Abrams/Harris/Booker/Whomever don't have to be a moderate. (it doesn't matter if they're moderate or not) You can recreate your image and shape the news in a manner of seconds. A single tweet. One debate. 24 hr news cycle.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That all sounds hunky-dory. But Hillary lost by not turning out the youth and progressive vote and driving turnout. She instead futilely chased GOP votes.

I thought it was basically the opposite of what you’re saying.  Hillary lost moderate traditionally democratic voters, the working class that had supported democrats as long as I’ve been alive, to Trump.  She also ran a low energy campaign and simply didn’t spend enough time in the rust belt.

Also what age range is “youth” anyway?  its said a lot but I’m not sure I’ve seen it defined.  

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I think that he has a leg up on Hillary as people of color are willing to go out and vote for Biden.  Pick someone young, like Buttigueg or Booker and you can get some youth vote too.

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I thought it was basically the opposite of what you’re saying.  Hillary lost moderate traditionally democratic voters, the working class that had supported democrats as long as I’ve been alive, to Trump.  She also ran a low energy campaign and simply didn’t spend enough time in the rust belt.

Also what age range is “youth” anyway?  its said a lot but I’m not sure I’ve seen it defined.  

Nope.

I think some traditional dem voters crossed over for Trump, some African American voters stayed home, and some lefties voted for Stein or stayed home.  But it's a bit unfair to compare because a lot of people thought Hillary would win anyway.  I wonder though if there's a way to compare Biden and Hillary's minority support.  

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think that he has a leg up on Hillary as people of color are willing to go out and vote for Biden.  Pick someone young, like Buttigueg or Booker and you can get some youth vote too.

Hillary won the black vote by an overwhelming margin in the primary last time. 

1 minute ago, killerbee99 said:

Joe Biden..... Sigh..... Don't know who your wife or sister is bro......

He didn’t know which was standing behind him to his left or right.  It’s not like he looked at them and couldn’t distinguish the two.  

Archived