Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

Seeing TV ads.  (Patient's mom is streaming CBS News.  Don't know if the ads are targeted on FL or not.)  Clip after clip if Biden saying "I will raise your taxes", and then a voiceover saying something like "$6,680 per household".  

Assume it's a case of video editing to make him say something he didn't say.  Just Pointing it out.  

I would assume it's more a continuation of their "If Biden wins, then scary black people will do the things that they're already doing during my administration".  

Lots of ads by lying Trump just like this on Austin TV now. It enrages me every time I see one. The lying is unrelenting.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Lots of ads by lying Trump just like this on Austin TV now. It enrages me every time I see one. The lying is unrelenting.

Recall a comment on one of Trump's Corona statements.  

"The word of the day is Lysol.  He Lysol the time."  

Hey.  If the polling data we've been getting is skewed right by fake data, and Dems are really winning by more than the polls, I'm cool with that.  

And if it causes Dem voters to get off their butts and not just assume Trump will lose, I'm all right with that, too.  

In fact, if "the liberal media" has been intentionally making the election look close, to encourage Dem votes?.  Same.  

Even though knowledgable people realize he good Q3 GDP numbers released today are just making for the crappy Q2 numbers, do you think enough not as smart undecided eople will be swayed by them to make a difference for Trump next Tuesday? Or have enough people already voted for it not to make a meaningful difference?

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Even though knowledgable people realize he good Q3 GDP numbers released today are just making for the crappy Q2 numbers, do you think enough not as smart undecided eople will be swayed by them to make a difference for Trump next Tuesday? Or have enough people already voted for it not to make a meaningful difference?

1)  My (completely uninformed) gut feeling says that the number of people who notice GDP numbers, and haven't already decided who to vote for, AND are likely to vote, are real small.  

Recall a comment once made by John Madden:  

It takes a very special person to be a Head Coach in the NFL.  You have to be smart enough to understand the game.  And dumb enough to think it's important.  

2)  I'm not even going to be sure that the number released is real.  From this administration?  

The GDP number is totally irrelevant to the election. People know that they are working from home or have kids at home from school or that Covid is surging again or they aren't really going out to games, restaurants, the movies, vacations they may want to take, etc. They know Congress hasn't passed another stimulus bill. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The GDP number is totally irrelevant to the election. People know that they are working from home or have kids at home from school or that Covid is surging again or they aren't really going out to games, restaurants, the movies, vacations they may want to take, etc. They know Congress hasn't passed another stimulus bill. 

Eh.  

I'd bet that there's a lot of folks who believe that things are pretty much back to normal, right now.  And I don't just mean mouth-foaming Trumpers.  

I do agree with your overall point, though.  People are going to vote based on how good their, personal, economy is doing.  

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

GDP is also a lagging indicator that does not account for the fact that we've entered a new period of surging Rona cases.  

Get ready for "Trump brought back the economy (that was destroyed by them liberal governors and such), and brought it all back in just a few months.  And then Biden gets elected, orders the entire country back to lockdown, and killed it all again."  

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Get ready for "Trump brought back the economy (that was destroyed by them liberal governors and such), and brought it all back in just a few months.  And then Biden gets elected, orders the entire country back to lockdown, and killed it all again."  

Been ready for this since May (not that it has any basis in reality). 

Florida: Likely voters
Biden 45%
Trump 42%

Yeah.  I believe that 13% of Florida voters haven't decided, and are likely to vote.  

The part that scares me, is assuming that a big chunk of that 13% are Trump voters, who are either ashamed to admit it, or are taking giggling delight in telling one a them liberal intellectual math people that they haven't decided yet.  

36 minutes ago, Larry said:

I do agree with your overall point, though.  People are going to vote based on how good their, personal, economy is doing.  

Funny thing is that numerous polls have cited the majority saying that they are personally better off than four years ago, but by a same percentage say that the country is going in the wrong direction.

I also find funny the folks that say "the virus is all going to go away right after the election," but also say that Biden is going to shut everything down if he wins. Seems like a contradiction. 

The Wasserman tweet hurt my head. Next Tuesday night and Wednesday could be a real s-show. I shouldve waited to go to Vegas.

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Funny thing is that numerous polls have cited the majority saying that they are personally better off than four years ago, but by a same percentage say that the country is going in the wrong direction.

Just pointing out, those two might not be contradictory.  

It is possible to have more money than 4 years ago, but less money over the last 6 months.  

My best friend & I have been chatting.  Since my husband's death, she's been rock solid.  I've been making my own will, revising things & whatnot.  Was ready to file this morning.

She told me she voted for trump (again).  I thought I had gotten through, but I was wrong.

I have to change everything now.  And I have no one to change it to. 

Archived