Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Just now, tshile said:

You thanked a post mocking you because you didn’t understand you were being mocked. 

You can try whatever this nonsense is but you’re not going to fool a single person. 

I saw you giving a counterpoint at the beginning...

But as usual I nodded off right away reading one of your posts and thanked you.

Wow, you mocked me?  Classy.

Here's my mockery of you:  blahblahblah fart, blahblahblah

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

To be fair, CNN has been relentless in outing Trump as the disaster he’s been. In my mind they have atoned for any sins that can be attributed to them.  And they weren’t the only media outlet that covered what seemed at the time as merely a carnival side show.

CNN (Jeff Zucker) coached Trump for the debates in 2016. Last night they hey had pos Van Jones and pos Chris Christie on air.

No thanks and **** CNN. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

With all due respect,  outside of a few posters and maybe even a few mods 😁, Biden would bury most of us intellectually. Sleepy Joe or not, he's on another level.

I have no doubt Biden is smart

my issue with him early on was all Trump had to do is interrupt him during his (lengthy) build up and Biden would never actually get to the point 

now that’s actually an issue with a poor moderating job and a sitting President that has the self control of a toddler. 

but it hurt Biden and that all that matters. 

(just commenting on one specific thing)

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think you've gotta have debates, you need to need both candidates on front street in order for the American people to see who they are, no matter what.   If Joe didn't agree, he'd have been labeled a coward, Trump would have taken that and ran with it, you'd never hear the end of how "Sleepy Joe is a coward, he won't debate me, how do you think he'll do as President?  I'm the greatest ever." 

Biden was fine last night, I think he stayed away from the bait as well as anyone else could have.  I don't think Biden has much to lose by looking competent and letting Trump remind everyone what an asshole he is.  

I get your point and really it's kind of moot  since he did the debate but I just fundamentally disagree with the premise he has to do a debate. The current president is a total piece of **** who is ok with any kind of scorched earth approach to get his way. I would have held Town Hall meetings in the swing states and have questions from the right. Take on the tough questions from real Americans. I still believe he should not have debated, but he did. So here we are. Ultimately we will just have to agree to disagree.  

I do agree Joe did Ok, like you said, as well as you could considering. But he has to come out better prepared for the bullying and the moderators have to have better control. If he gets steamrolled and loses his temper again even just a few times it could show him to be weak. bunker boy is only coming out harder. We all know that. But the moderators have to do their part. Not sure they will or even can. They need a sound proof time out box that comes down over him. 

Not sure I see a win here but hopefully I am wrong. Oddly enough the most presidential debate we may have is the VP debate. Pence is just as big a douche, maybe more, but he will follow decorum. 

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

All debates are made-for-tv crap and always have been.

Putting on makeup and yelling catchphrases at a camera has absolutely nothing to do with someone’s fitness to lead a country.

Its like a football coach using a karaoke contest to pick their starting quarterback.  

Eh, I dunno.  This morning I went back and looked at some old debates, even posted one from Bush, Clinton and Perot (admittedly, I forgot about Perot) in '92.  I watched the first 25 minutes of it.  There wasn't any yelling, there weren't any catchphrases.  You were actually able to get an idea of what each guy wanted to do and what they believed in.  Each candidate was respectful, well measured and pretty thoughtful.  It was the polar opposite of what we saw last night.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Eh, I dunno.  This morning I went back and looked at some old debates, even posted one from Bush, Clinton and Perot (admittedly, I forgot about Perot) in '92.  I watched the first 25 minutes of it.  There wasn't any yelling, there weren't any catchphrases.  You were actually able to get an idea of what each guy wanted to do and what they believed in.  Each candidate was respectful, well measured and pretty thoughtful.  It was the polar opposite of what we saw last night.  

Right.

The cutting-off s*** needs to stop.  Trump is the worst.

The debates need to be on the Rogan Podcast in 2024.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So Nancy Pelosi was right. 

Totally disagree. Trump did damage to himself in this debate. Biden declining to debate would've been a negative story. Even Fox News is trying to get Trump to course correct on issues this morning. 

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Raise your hand if you actually believe Spiff got up this morning and decided to queue up some Perot highlights.

*giant sucking sound*

If there is a next debate(I think Trump will back out), there needs to be a cut off button for both mics. Also whoever is prepping Trump, he might be the one who needs Adderall and keep him on topic(that won't happen). He's the kid who's turn to give his oral presentation in class, as he was supposed to prepare weeks prior and prepared the night before. That's his whole strategy and let's not forget we still have the Town Hall debate too. 

The question is: did either candidate do anything to sway the undecideds?

I think after a slow start Biden did well, but I can see why people who are neutral may think he came across as passive and soft. I don't think Biden lost supporters, but I'm not sure he gained any undecideds.

And Trump...well he was a disaster. But he did what his base supports and loves: just yell and spew BS to "anger the libz." They don't care that he lacks substance and has no actual plan for anything. But the undecideds/neutrals do.

10 hours ago, tshile said:

We’re so ****ed 

these undecided voters are dumb. 

although vest dude has his head on straight. 

4 undecideds said the debate made them decide to vote Biden. Only 2 said that of Trump. Extremely small sample but if Biden wins undecided 2-1 this thing is a blowout. Trump needs to win nearly all of them 

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

What do you expect from a poster whose screen name sounds like a masturbation technique.

For real?  Talk about acting like Trump.  You want class, act like class.

Jesus Christ.

Anyways, so what I was saying...was that Neil Peart would do this upwards roll...oh wait, wrong thread.

....and I don't want Dan to start thinking about men masturbating.

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I get your point and really it's kind of moot  since he did the debate but I just fundamentally disagree with the premise he has to do a debate. The current president is a total piece of **** who is ok with any kind of scorched earth approach to get his way. I would have held Town Hall meetings in the swing states and have questions from the right. Take on the tough questions from real Americans. I still believe he should not have debated, but he did. So here we are. Ultimately we will just have to agree to disagree.  

I do agree Joe did Ok, like you said, as well as you could considering. But he has to come out better prepared for the bullying and the moderators have to have better control. If he gets steamrolled and loses his temper again even just a few times it could show him to be weak. bunker boy is only coming out harder. We all know that. But the moderators have to do their part. Not sure they will or even can. They need a sound proof time out box that comes down over him. 

Not sure I see a win here but hopefully I am wrong. Oddly enough the most presidential debate we may have is the VP debate. Pence is just as big a douche, maybe more, but he will follow decorum. 

I saw it as a win for Biden last night, I think a lot of other people did, too.  An easy win, he didn't have to do much because Trump made an ass out of himself, which I think is the best way to deal with him.  Don't sink to his level (as tempting as it is.  It's incredibly tempting, but that's what he wants), let him be disgusting and punch himself out.  Like an Ali rope-a-dope.  And I think he'll come out better prepared next time, I don't think he'll lose his temper any worse than he did last night, which is probably not nearly as bad as any of us would have.  He was professional and that's a win.

The moderator was a joke.  Nice guy, but you can't be a nice guy if you're going to try to corral Trump.  

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Raise your hand if you actually believe Spiff got up this morning and decided to queue up some Perot highlights.

*giant sucking sound*

Do you have any graphs and charts?  

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

4 undecideds said the debate made them decide to vote Biden. Only 2 said that of Trump. Extremely small sample but if Biden wins undecided 2-1 this thing is a blowout. Trump needs to win nearly all of them 

I really don’t believe these so called undecideds. They just want some attention. Those 6 people knew exactly who they were going to vote for ahead of this debate. 

Archived