Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

expectations might be a bit high

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-realistically-expect-when-youre-expecting-nazis

Here's the thing: no one knows anyone who's going besides the rally’s primary organizer, Jason Kessler.

I also spoke with white nationalist researcher, Vegas Tenold, who stated in an interview that he would be “shocked if more than 25 attended.”

Joan Donovan, a researcher who focuses on media manipulation and white supremacy, has mined online forums for indications of travel logistics and funding to estimate attendance at such events. She says there has not been much of either regarding Sunday’s protest.

Kessler himself has not released travel plans, and leaked Facebook chats reveal that he is leaning on others for such coordination, explaining to his team that he has “too much on his plate already” to make arrangements for others.

It wasn't always this way. Only a year ago, Kessler was the primary organizer of the Charlottesville demonstration and major leaders were willing to work with him to turn out their people for it. This year, however, they are not playing ball. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And watch them get the same treatment we gave nazi's in the 40's.

as a descendant of the locals who opposed the OG nazis,  i suspect their take that the list of appropriate and effective treatments is a short one still fits

full disclosure---guilty of strong bias against nazis

but there do seem to be only a handful of the vermin cowards showing up

just saw a guy in front of the counter protest--well-organized and peaceful so far---and he was wearing a resdkins hat :)

• Like 1

Reminds me of a time the Klan had a march planned on DC a couple decades ago and FIVE of them showed up... stood in front of the capitol... Jim Vance broke in for a live update on Channel 4 so he could laugh his ass off at them.

And he did. Long and loud. Started laughing almost as soon as he announced there were only five of them. I remember some stupid woman in her friggin' bedsheet outfit doing her dumbass salute, and Vance was HOWLING. Called them chumps, losers, everything the FCC would let him, and that Vance would say.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I bet they get a TINY turnout, because above all else, white suprimacists are giant vaginas.  They don’t stand a chance in a city as black as DC.

Fighting racism is good, but language that’s directly sexist isn’t.  Please, let us all refrain from using female body parts as synonyms for cowardice.  If you want to get creative consider reviving some classics like poltroon instead.  Now there’s a word you don’t see every day.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

It goes without saying that Nazis are idiots, but they must have very little sense of self preservation to come to DC with an optimistic projection of 400 people. 

Yea. I called that when it was first announced. They can’t do this in a big city. 

Looks like it’s ending before it even started. Score one for the good guys. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Are we allowed to think better about our country then?

Maybe.  For a few minutes.  

(Before it occurs to you that there's still enough people out there who don;t want to actually be photographed standing next to a Nazi, but they're cool with voting kinda that way.)  

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And watch them get the same treatment we gave nazi's in the 40's.

Still really fond of whoever created this one.  

You%20again.jpg

Edited by Larry
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

i had said something a few days ago to a leo that i would have thought that some bannon/stone strategist/operative types among the nationalist/white supremacists would have tried to salt the counter-protesters with plants who would start trouble with the cops themselves, either knowing the actual turnout for their side would be small and/or to do it as a way to keep the nazis out of the bad headlines/violence but make it look like or actually instigate the counter dudes are into it...then trumpery could tweet all the next day...he said if he was on duty for that gig and someone had told him that idea it's all he'd be thinking about today lol  

he also now has official concerns with me :ols:

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i had said something a few days ago to a leo that i would have thought that some bannon/stone strategist/operative types among the nationalist/white supremacists would have tried to salt the counter-protesters with plants who would start trouble with the cops themselves, either knowing the actual turnout for their side would be small and/or to do it as a way to keep the nazis out of the bad headlines/violence but make it look like or actually instigate the counter dudes are into it...then trumpery could tweet all the next day...he said if he was on duty for that gig and someone had told him that idea it's all he'd be thinking about today lol  

he also now has official concerns with me :ols:

That's the burden of a creative mind Jumbo.  If it makes you feel better, I don't think your fears are terribly far fetched.  These Nazi endeavor to convince the country that white people, and culture, are in need of defense and have cause to be angry.  Not an easy argument to make, given that it's so obviously ridiculous.  That being said, I can think of worse ways to go about attempting to make it than these demented acts of political theater.  Trotting out a few idiots as bait creates a visual that fits their malignant fantasy.  In this specific context they are the smaller, less powerful group, who are apparently under threat.  

Having antifa appear to attack the police would be a big help to these racists.  If this is all theater anyway, who is to say some ambitious Nazi scumbag won't take it upon himself to add a little plot twist?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Jumbo came out of retirement, or wherever he was, to imagine what false flag operations the Nazi's might be conceiving?

Well it isn't the sort of thing a man can just turn off like flipping a light switch.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:02 PM, Destino said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2