Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

if the spotlight hadn't been shined on them in Charlottesville a lot more would have shown up in DC. Easy to say let's ignore the problem when the problem doesn't effect you. Shine as bright a light as possible on them, let them lose their jobs, let their friends and neighbors know that they were marching and chanting blood and soil, let their lives be completely destroyed. 

the media (and others) can do that w/o giving them as much exposure.

The lead up to the DC march was ridiculous 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, twa said:

The lead up to the DC march was ridiculous

They fooled me. I was expecting an apocalyptic type race war to break out. Instead they got like 15 people to walk around for an hour.

I almost cancelled our plans in DC this weekend because of it :ols:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Supporters of genocide marching in the capital is a big deal. 

Why?  It’s a right they’re guaranteed, so it’s no great accomplishment nor a sign of government approval, and only 15 showed up.  I bet I could get more to show up to demand the government admit the existence of lizard people if I dedicated myself to it.  

28 minutes ago, Destino said:

Why?  It’s a right they’re guaranteed, so it’s no great accomplishment nor a sign of government approval, and only 15 showed up.  I bet I could get more to show up to demand the government admit the existence of lizard people if I dedicated myself to it.  

Never said it wasn't guaranteed but swastikas are a touchy subject for me. Had they been completely ignored in Charlottesville would they still have cowered in their homes? 

9 hours ago, twa said:

the media (and others) can do that w/o giving them as much exposure. The lead up to the DC march was ridiculous 

Exposing Nazis is a lot like protesting injustice in that regard. It should only be done in a way that nobody ever hears about so as not to bother twa. If I was running those programs, I'd replace all of the Nazi coverage with special bonus episodes of Hillary's Emails. Can't get enough of that ****.

59 minutes ago, Destino said:

Yeah, it's still potentially a big deal though. It was only 15 dumbasses this time so it really wasn't (or maybe the fact that only 15 showed up does make it a big deal... I dunno) but the last one was a very big deal.

And if you're serious about the lizard people protest, I'm in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Exposing Nazis is a lot like protesting injustice in that regard. It should only be done in a way that nobody ever hears about so as not to bother twa. If I was running those programs, I'd replace all of the Nazi coverage with special bonus episodes of Hillary's Emails. Can't get enough of that ****.

Yeah, it's still potentially a big deal though. It was only 15 dumbasses this time so it really wasn't (or maybe the fact that only 15 showed up does make it a big deal... I dunno) but the last one was a very big deal.

And if you're serious about the lizard people protest, I'm in.

I dunno I'm interested in finding out if Ocasio Cortez is just hyphenated for effect or if there's a husband in the picture. Hillary is old news. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 10:43 AM, AsburySkinsFan said:

What we saw yesterday were the dumbest incels that are left in the movement, everyone else knows that they have to keep their jobs.

The really dangerous racists are the ones who wear suits to the office, whether corporate or elected, those jackasses would never dream of outing themselves at a rally like that, they know their power for subversion is best wielded behind the scenes.

What a great post. We should be so lucky if the evil that we are fighting was comprised mostly of these idiots. That would be an easy W. Unfortunately, some of the bigots are intelligent (albeit ignorant), polished, and influential. 

On 8/13/2018 at 10:29 PM, Destino said:

I have literally gotten that number of people to show up near the White House (specifically, Blackfinn), for no other reason than to get a drink.  To my knowledge, the media did not dedicate hours of coverage to us.  And we had very few counterprotesters. 

On 8/13/2018 at 10:59 PM, Berggy9598 said:

Never said it wasn't guaranteed but swastikas are a touchy subject for me. Had they been completely ignored in Charlottesville would they still have cowered in their homes? 

My opinion...

if all that came out of charlottesville was the confrontation in the streets, then no.

i think them being outed and losing their jobs, or being kicked out of school or the military, has the biggest effect. Getting riled up on the internet to take a day or two off and do something is easy - actually sacrificing something? personal relationships and jobs? that's quite a bit harder.

There's also the question of how many that showed up in charlottesville were there for racist reasons and how many were misguided (there for conservative/republican/whatever.) I don't know what % that is, but I'm guessing whatever it was definitely wasn't going to go to DC after what happened in charlottesville.

There's also a question in general of just how many of these people there actually are. I'm inclined to trust the FBI's list of right wing groups and assume majority of them (if not all) have some racist crap fueling them.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 10:59 PM, Berggy9598 said:

Never said it wasn't guaranteed but swastikas are a touchy subject for me.

That's understandable.  Nazi were a nightmare made real and these alt-right goons aren't just angering people simply because of who they are (which is bad enough).  They're trying to be as insulting and horrible as possible.  That last point was hammered home nicely for my family recently when we saw Partiot Prayer's Tusitala "Tiny" Toese on the TV at Portland's rally.  He was wearing a "Pinochet did nothing wrong" t-shrit.  Suffice it to say, I found his t-shirt upsetting.   

Had they been completely ignored in Charlottesville would they still have cowered in their homes? 

I don't want them completely ignored, the most effective tool to use against them is identifying them publicly and that should continue. 

What I don't want is to make them appear to be more successful than they are.  Any group getting that much attention must be a "big deal" and that status has its own sort of gravity.  I'd be willing to bet that since these protests started getting an enormous amount of press the videos and websites for these alt-right groups have gotten a large boost in views.  That's what concerns me. 

• Like 5

On 8/13/2018 at 10:29 PM, Destino said:

Maybe only 15 showed up PRECISELY BECAUSE such a big deal was made about it - the public ridicule and backlash they've faced, the vocal and physical resistance they've met in the past year every time they've held a rally, the public outing of individual participants by opponents posting their photos and causing them to lose their jobs...

The active resistance to their racist viewpoint has had an effect..

• Like 3

I've always believed the world missed a great opportunity, immediately after 9/11, to wipe out every known terrorist organization possible. 

The KKK would have been on my list. Even today, I would have little issue with luring them to a remote location, under the guise of receiving free "whatever", and killing every goddamn one of them. But that's me. I'm not one for dancing around the edges. to paraphrase Eula Goodnight, "A sharp knife cuts the fastest, and hurts the least."

Of course, today, I'd have little issue treating Antifa, BLM, New Black Panther Party, or any other color/race specific hate group, with the same justice. No, they haven't been around as long. And no, they haven't committed all the types and numbers of crimes, yet. But, just as we'd all be better off had the KKK been wiped out in it's infancy, so would we be now, in stopping ANY such group of morons from gaining further support.

THIS IS *NOT* OKAY.

This sets a dangerous example, and we need to talk about it.

If you punch a Nazi like this, you're going to break your wrist. Remember, make contact with the two largest knuckles (index and middle finger) and keep a strong wrist. You want to hurt the Nazi, not yourself!

Stay safe out there and keep punching Nazis.

20799255_10105887138054973_5405915682710

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3