Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

If Clemson and Bama win out, they're in.  If Oklahoma wins out, they're probably in.  Penn State is definitely the best positioned Big 10 team to make the playoffs, but winning out might not be enough to beat out USC for a spot if they should win out too.  Penn State's OOC schedule was pathetic and squeaking out a win against an unranked Iowa team doesn't inspire confidence that they belong with the likes of Alabama and Clemson.  There's a chance they'll go the season with Michigan and Ohio State being the only ranked teams they play, which doesn't look great when USC scheduled Texas and Notre Dame OOC and Oklahoma crushed a #2 ranked Ohio State on the road.

Barkley's star power should help them with voters though.  He's the reason I'm rooting for Penn State to win out and make the playoffs.  I really want to see if he can shred Alabama or Clemson's defense.

55 minutes ago, Forehead said:

back to football.  Last night's game was gut wrenching, and I find I prefer being on the winning end of blowouts, but I'll take it.  Penn State should, should, be set up to be 6-0 heading into their games against Michigan and Ohio State.  If they can get through those, they may very well looking at a perfect regular season.

Michigan looks beatable. I don't think they are a legit threat until they do something with their QB position. But to be fair, PSU hasn't been overly impressive either outside of a few players to my untrained eye

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Michigan looks beatable. I don't think they are a legit threat until they do something with their QB position. But to be fair, PSU hasn't been overly impressive either outside of a few players to my untrained eye

Penn State has a "big 3" on offense. Barkley is a superstar.  McSorely is a gamer who has no chance of being an NFL QB at the next level.  Gesicki is arguably the best TE in the nation.

The WR crew has a lot of "recruiting stars" but they're all young.  OL is a work in progress but far better than two years ago when Christian Hackenberg got turned into David Carr 2.0.

Defense is a bunch of pretty good guys, but the only one I think is a true star is Marcus Allen, the safety.  You are right, they'll need more people to step up if they want to beat OSU.

If you witness and/or get told about a coworker molesting kids in the shower at your jobsite, do you honestly think the best solution is to tell your boss and be done with it? That's what I don't get about the entire PSU thing. What requires someone to go to the police?

Personally I thought PSU got off easy..but that's just my opinion. That said, that's a hell of a team that they have there now. Definitely a good chance to win the B1G. Good for them. I guess?

I don't think they should have a football program honestly. Sad as it would be to see a program like PSU go, I think an example should have been set since it was the glorification of the football team that creates that atmosphere where pedophlia and rape were hidden and not handled accordingly. No, it's not fair to the other students or future students of PSU but the university's priority is to educate students, not have good football teams. If you're going to "death penalty" a program, I think rampant sexual molestation is a good place to start. 

Having said that, it is pretty amazing how quickly they've turned that around and into a top 5 team. 

5 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

In honor of gameday returning to it's roots, Blacksburg welcomes you:

I was at the GT game. It was amazing. 

I missed the Miami game in 11. Was deciding between that and Clemson the week prior and ended up going to Clemson. It rained the whole time and we got our asses handed to us. Miserable lol

The following week is an incredible Lane stadium/Vt moment and probbaly the best QB performance ever by a vT QB with what Logan did. It was unreal  

Clay Helton is the absolute worst head football coach in America.  He is literally turning Sam darnold into a bad player. 

I hate saying this but he should be fired immediately. Completely holding the team Back.  Great human being, worst head football coach I've ever seen. 

Can't believe that pundits were trumpeting FSU as a Natty contender. Yeah, they lost their starting QB, but their offense is getting man handled by Wake Forest! Yes Wake Forest!

Maryland, playing with their 3rd/4th string QB just knocked off a 3-0 Minnesota in Minny. 

Wonder how how much longer Jimbo will last if this season continues to deteriorate. 

Archived