Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

In fact, my gripe with the College game is if you saw this score

Oklahoma State  44

Syracuse             45

Nowadays, you wouldn't know if that was a Basketball or Football game.  And that's been far too common lately.

(But don't misunderstand; I still eat it up)

Problem with that is, look at the other recruiting classes in the Big 10 East.  It's the best recruiting job Maryland has done in a long time, and it's still going to be tough for them.

As far as my interests go...hey, Penn State won the Big 10 last season and returns practically everyone this season.  The Big 10 East champ will probably be decided by the Ohio State-Penn State game. Maybe Michigan sticks their nose in, but I doubt it this season.  Who knows who will come out of the west.

PAC 12 is WIDE open this year.  USC has he most talent and darnold I think is the real deal.  Coaching is the issue, clay Helton I think is a bozo.

darnold has a lot of hype right now, I'll be interested to see what happens with him and Rosen.  Darnold has a long release but reminds me so much of Aaron Rodgers in that he has hat escapability you just can't gamelan for.  If he can put it together (and I will be watching very closely as I am a southern cal fan from birth due to circumstances outside of my control) he's got the chance to be extremely special.  

Wait did this just turn into a USC slob fest of a post?  

13 hours ago, Forehead said:

Problem with that is, look at the other recruiting classes in the Big 10 East.  It's the best recruiting job Maryland has done in a long time, and it's still going to be tough for them.

As far as my interests go...hey, Penn State won the Big 10 last season and returns practically everyone this season.  The Big 10 East champ will probably be decided by the Ohio State-Penn State game. Maybe Michigan sticks their nose in, but I doubt it this season.  Who knows who will come out of the west.

I do not disagree.  However my conjecture is if Durkin turns College Park into a recruiting hotbed, there IS the potential to leapfrog some big fish in the midterm (say, a Michigan State).  I don't anticipate Maryland going toe-to-toe with titans like Michigan & Ohio State near term, but that is certainly a goal to aspire to.

Oregon of the East baby!! B)

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Will Grier will be the best QB that WVU has had since Major Harris.

..and that's the kiss of death right there. So forget I wrote it. ;)

Also WVU was picked to finish 6th in the B12. After going 10-3 last year. Am I missing something?

And the Will Grier era will begin with a stomping of VT at FedEx. :)

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And the Will Grier era will begin with a stomping of VT at FedEx. :)

Lord do I wish. The Hokies are owed a few for walking out on that rivalry. And before someone pipes in, we get it. Morgantown became a dangerous place for the Hokies to play in. And now that WVU ha proven to be a solid B12 team, the argument that scheduling them OOC offers little value isn't true.

I hope this becomes a rivaly again. Much more so than Pitt.

On 7/21/2017 at 3:01 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Lord do I wish. The Hokies are owed a few for walking out on that rivalry. And before someone pipes in, we get it. Morgantown became a dangerous place for the Hokies to play in. And now that WVU ha proven to be a solid B12 team, the argument that scheduling them OOC offers little value isn't true.

I hope this becomes a rivaly again. Much more so than Pitt.

If you truly get it, then VT is owed nothing for walking out on the rivalry. If visiting players/fans aren't safe attending a game, the school has no business scheduling a game there anymore.

On 7/24/2017 at 0:57 PM, Popeman38 said:

If you truly get it, then VT is owed nothing for walking out on the rivalry. If visiting players/fans aren't safe attending a game, the school has no business scheduling a game there anymore.

Except it wasn't true. And it definitely is no longer true. 

6 hours ago, Major Harris said:

Except it wasn't true. And it definitely is no longer true. 

Correct.  Every VT fan has stories of the atrocities that happened to them at Mountaineer Field.  It's like there was an active competition to come up with the craziest story.  Key word:  story.  I'm from VA and brought numerous of my friends that went to VT to WVU.  Nothing ever happened or came close to happening.  And this was in the days of The Pit.  

Archived