Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Net Neutrality 2017

Springfield

Both sides are the same, right?

If you voted for Trump and are mad about this, I have no sympathy for you. Play stupid games --> win stupid prizes. I notice a lot of Reddit types want to make this about Ajit Pai because acknowledging that it's simply a party line vote hurts their feelings. 

For everyone else, this sucks. Vote these people out. Stop supporting a party whose mission is to give MORE POWER AND MONEY TO THE PEOPLE WHO NEED IT LEAST. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Is it true that certain states are putting safeguards in to keep ISPs from gouging customers too hard? I've heard California is working on this.

The FCC will try to block this, of course, but I'm pretty sure states' rights is the aspect that's going to be challenged aggressively in court. 

This is true, and then it comes down to whether federal regulation has "occupied the field."  I don't know what answer to that.  

6 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

For everyone else, this sucks. Vote these people out. Stop supporting a party whose mission is to give MORE POWER AND MONEY TO THE PEOPLE WHO NEED IT LEAST. 

And on top of this, voting (D) once or twice doesn't mean you have to forever.  People can use their vote to get their party to move on certain issues and purge those who refuse to budge.  Considering the public support for net neutrality, there is really no excuse for anti-net neutrality candidates to be winning primaries let alone general elections in 2018 &  beyond.

• Like 3

Depends on how quickly we see real consequences from this ruling, I suppose. If nothing changes significantly between now and, say, summer of next year, I doubt we hear much about it. GOP candidates would just paint it as unjustified hysteria.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Depends on how quickly we see real consequences from this ruling, I suppose. If nothing changes significantly between now and, say, summer of next year, I doubt we hear much about it. GOP candidates would just paint it as unjustified hysteria.

Its going to change so slowly that we will barely notice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Sadly, I agree.  Although I think competent candidates should be able to make some hay out of this, even if the effects are not yet felt.  "Do you think Verizon should be able to **** you?  My opponent thinks they should."  

21 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

I notice a lot of Reddit types want to make this about Ajit Pai because acknowledging that it's simply a party line vote hurts their feelings. 

in fairness, Obama appointed him to the FCC.

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I imagine they will wait until after the midterms to implement changes.

The only thing i see in that video is how many of his teeth i'd like to see him swallow.

or spit onto the pavement.... or leave embedded in a brick.

i ain't picky.

**** this ****ing guy. **** every ****ing person that voted for these ****ers.

~Bang

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

in fairness, Obama appointed him to the FCC.

I imagine they will wait until after the midterms to implement changes.

The committee can't have more than 3 members of the same party. He could have tried to nominate an independent but that wouldn't have made it through the Senate. I think any Republican in the position would have made the same vote so I think the focus on Pai is misguided. 

Has he ever taken on actual questioning by a non-partisan interviewer?  Only time I have seen him questions was a Fox interview and as you can imagine it was basically, "So....everyone is freaking out about this net neutrality thing, please educate us on why they are all stupid, Mr Pai!"

In that clown's video he fails to mention that now your ISP can effect your experience doing all the stuff listed in the video via throttling, price gouging, fast lanes, etc etc......

Edited by NoCalMike

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Pretty sure he has to appoint both reps and dems.  This is ALL Trump.

I meant he was appointed by Obama to SERVE on the FCC.

That was in 2012.

10 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

The committee can't have more than 3 members of the same party. He could have tried to nominate an independent but that wouldn't have made it through the Senate. I think any Republican in the position would have made the same vote so I think the focus on Pai is misguided. 

I agree. And this is clearly a move to cater to the corporate GOP interests.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, but if it wasn’t Pai, it would be someone else who Obama appointed.  They are just undoing everything Obama, as is the mandate.

Yeah, Obama just appointed who GOP recommended, as that was the polite thing to do regarding the two other seats.

If anything though, Obama picked the suggestion with the most punchable face.

Pai looks eternally like he told a joke no one but himself is laughing to.

How about simply keeping american small business viable and able to compete in the world?
The greatest tool for economic opportunity that exists. The greatest encouragement of innovation, and enabler of progress ever in our lifetimes.

Pro Buisiness? Pro market?
**** you, GOP.

You ****ing clowns don't even know what you stand for.

You stand for nothing, you weak, spineless embarrassments.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Has he ever taken on actual questioning by a non-partisan interviewer?  Only time I have seen him questions was a Fox interview and as you can imagine it was basically, "So....everyone is freaking out about this net neutrality thing, please educate us on why they are all stupid, Mr Pai!"

In that clown's video he fails to mention that now your ISP can effect your experience doing all the stuff listed in the video via throttling, price gouging, fast lanes, etc etc......

One of the FCC guys (not POS, um, Pai)  that voted yes was on an NPR show a week or two ago. The interviewer was definitely pro-net neutrality.

This shows you where the public ranks in Washington.  Overwhelming bipartisan support for net nuetrality, and it doesn't mean a damn thing.  I don't believe democrats or republicans in congress will do much more than showy disengenuous attempts or speeches.  Regular voters only matter in election speeches.  

• Like 1