Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

not really going crazy because I think I'm in a bit of shock? lol it's been a looong wait since the last time a DC team played for a championship. So happy for the Caps, Caps organization and especially Ovi. finally getting over that hump of disappointment, choking and mental lapses can take a toll. he totally deserves it.

shout out to Holtby for blanking Tampa. shutouts are always add a little extra salt to the wound. haven't followed the Knights but everyone talks about them like they're the wonder kids. their run has been amazing, but I like our experience and hunger. 

what a game. congrats life-long/decades long Caps fans.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Its been almost 30 years since I've seen a team from D.C. dominate an elimination game of this magnitude, I think I'm in shock.

Guess I'm not sure of what you mean by magnitude, Wizards have had a couple elimination games where we straight embarrassed somebody, at home or on the road in the Wall Era.  I take it you mean this far in the playoffs, yes, I agree with you there.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Guess I'm not sure of what you mean by magnitude, Wizards have had a couple elimination games where we straight embarrassed somebody, at home or on the road in the Wall Era.  I take it you mean this far in the playoffs, yes, I agree with you there.

No Wizards talk. This is a winners thread right now.

Last stanley cup final i was 18, just finished my freshman year of college, had zero responsibilities, watched the playoffs from the club room of a cigar club my buddy worked at pounding Natty Light. 

Fast forward 20 years. Im now married, a father, all the responsibility, and have watched all the games from my couch drinking bourbon. 

I honestly feel like im 18 again. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here that the caps are most of second or third team behind the Skins.  Can you imagine the feeling of the Skins ever could make a SB? (I was 15 last time, so I remember a little bit...)

This is AMAZING, not going to diminish the feeling.  However, if the Skins could do it....

Wow.

**** the Redskins. 

I've never seen a team with such resiliency. Coming back from 2-0 Columbus, beating their demons against Pittsburgh, losing 3 straight to Tampa (thanks largely to the refs) and STILL managing to prevail in the end...incredible. I'm in shock like everyone else. LAST year was supposed to be the year, not THIS year. In-freaking-credible. 

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I take it you mean this far in the playoffs, yes, I agree with you there.

Absolutely, blowing a 2 game lead then you kick their ass in game 7 at Tampa to go to the cup finals.

It's kind of nice.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Well peeps, whatever happens, this season has been a truly memorable one.  These guys have overachieved and I’m proud of them.

Just win this one game.

We did it.  Holy **** we did it.  Simply amazing.

Not one post during the game from me.  Simply, this was a game of supreme puck luck for the Caps.  Personally, I think it’s related to heart and will.  We wanted it and we got it.

Two shut outs in a row.  Holtby has been playing like a man possessed the last two.

****.  I can’t believe this.

I want to commend all of you.  You all kept the faith every year, even after multiple playoff failures.  I'll admit I became incredibly cynical, still am.  I was kicked in the heart too much.  I also live on the west coast and don't get to watch regular season games, so I partly tuned out.  You guys back home kept it going though.  I feel like the Capitals have been the lifeblood of DC sports.  They have been consistently good.

4 more wins.  Do it for DC.  

Archived