Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and aides shot in Alexandria park

Popeman38

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I got suspended once for merely quoting a picture of Santana Moss in a reply.  I'd be curious to know what the penalty is for letting the expletives fly.  lol

None if you dont try to circumvent the filter. 

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I got suspended once for merely quoting a picture of Santana Moss in a reply.  I'd be curious to know what the penalty is for letting the expletives fly.  lol

Judging from the overall tone of the thread, this thread is probably a good place to find out.  

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Some people on here are so transparent. I mean, Obama was a real bully advocating violence against others. :rofl89:

Obama is also such an asshole he is able to show up in topics that have literally nothing at all to do with him. Next is hilldog. 

18 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Like Obama did?

unlike others, who are just criticizing this post at face value... i am going to ask what you mean?   would you care to flesh out your argument and line of thinking here? 

Guy apparently has a history of domestic abuse.

It seems more and more the link between domestic abuse and these kinds of things grows stronger.  Not all domestic abusers are mass shooters, but most mass shooters are domestic abusers (at least among those old enough to have an adult record).

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I said i think certain individuals should be hung for treason. And no, i don't take that back as treason mightve actually happened. I also supported Richard Spencer getting knocked in the head. Not taking that back and actually hope to meet him myself one day. I've said my dream is to run into Paul Ryan at Starbucks. That was never about violence and it's still my dream. I just want to tell him he's a ****. And I've said I would love to one-on-one fight any member of the alt right. Please bring it on. 

I take back none of it. None of that is targeting random lawmakers or random people on a baseball field or elsewhere with an assault rifle in some mass shooting political terror attack. And look at that, I called it a terror attack. Which takes me to my next point... 

I find it laughable that people who have no qualms about standing next to and sharing a political movement with alt right neo-Nazi's and other bigoted, hateful, violent groups and individuals, going out of their way to turn their attention elsewhere and to feign ignorance, are now trying to take folks to task on the other side for one extreme nutcase. Their silence then spoke volumes. And their suddenly-found voice now speaks volumes.

They might fool some as they attempt to guilt and shame folks in an emotional, traumatic situation but quite a few of us are tired of your bull****. 

Don't pass go. Don't collect $200. At least not from me. 

Neither do I, and thank you

23 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If it's anything, i will see you in about five years. because i ****ing do it all the time :D

hell, the asterisks have my back!

~Bang

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

It seems more and more the link between domestic abuse and these kinds of things grows stronger.  Not all domestic abusers are mass shooters, but most mass shooters are domestic abusers (at least among those old enough to have an adult record).

Mass murderers were violent previously, in other situations?  Seems a bit obvious, no?

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I said i think certain individuals should be hung for treason. And no, i don't take that back as treason mightve actually happened. I also supported Richard Spencer getting knocked in the head. Not taking that back and actually hope to meet him myself one day. I've said my dream is to run into Paul Ryan at Starbucks. That was never about violence and it's still my dream. I just want to tell him he's a ****. And I've said I would love to one-on-one fight any member of the alt right. Please bring it on. 

I take back none of it. None of that is targeting random lawmakers or random people on a baseball field or elsewhere with an assault rifle in some mass shooting political terror attack. 

You stand by your violent rhetoric but you never explicitly called for this level of violence so that makes it ok.  You're perfectly justified because your reasoning is different and the other side is full of hypocrites.

I swear I've heard this particular defense of irresponsible inflammatory speech before.  I could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I would like to know what anti-depressants he was on.

23 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

And there we have it.

This is exactly the problem.

The problem IMO is rhetoric that takes political positions on any issue and frames them in the most inflammatory manner possible.  It works like this:

Obama wants to pass gun control legislation.  Those opposing it tell their audiences that he wants go door to door confiscating guns because he's a tyrannical globalist seeking to destroy America.

Is the logical and appropritae response to a politician that wants incremental change to gun legislation the same as a tyrant coming to take your ability to fight back?  No.  Obviously not.  

The response to health care reform was literally "death panels".  

The left has framed trump as a literal fascist out to kill people and destroy democracy.  Like the right wingers before, they also see their rhetoric as justifiable because they're the good guys fighting for a noble cause. 

41 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm just amazed at the lack of security....If Scalise wasn't there........

If he wouldn't have been there those people would have died yo. They huddled up in the dugout and just waited. It's wild!!

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

The problem IMO is rhetoric that takes political positions on any issue and framed them as being inflammatory as possible.  It works like this:

Obama wants to pass gun control legislation.  Those opposing it tell their audiences that he wants go door to door confiscating guns because he's a tyrannical globalist seeking to destroy America.

Is the logical and appropritae response to a politician that wants incremental change to gun legislation the same as a tyrant coming to take your ability to fight back?  No.  Obviously not.  

The response to health care reform was literally "death panels".  

The left has framed trump as a literal fascist out to kill people and destroy democracy.  Like the right wingers before, they also see their rhetoric as justifiable because they're the good guys fighting for a noble cause. 

I absolutely agree with you but statements like the one I quoted are playing out in the streets right now.  The other day in Austin there was an anti-sharia law protest.  The protesters were peaceful but all accounts but then Antifa showed up and violence ensues.  Milo goes to speak at U of Cal Berkley.  Chaos and violence ensues.  Why would you want to actually fight someone you disagree with?  You are really that angry?  And not you, personally but the original poster.

24 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

And there we have it.

This is exactly the problem.

Not quite.

we've been fighting Nazis for a long time.

tolerance goes a long way, but not to actual real-life Nazis.

None of us should tolerate them.
Sure they have the right to say what they want, but the people they threaten are only going to take so much of it. 
And make no mistake, their threat is real.. all you have to is listen to them spout the same thing their idols did. And we all know what THEY did.

Make no mistake, this isn't equating republicans to Nazis,, this is equating Nazis to Nazis.

~Bang

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

Mass murderers were violent previously, in other situations?  Seems a bit obvious, no?

Oh certainly, but I've seen some stuff tying it to a subsection of violence, specifically domestic violence.  From my limited research it seems like there is a linkage somewhere along the line between domestic violence specifically and these mass shootings.  Can help separate between, say, guys who maybe have an assault and battery of a non-family member versus those who commit it against family members.

I suspect it's not a direct link, but rather that domestic violence suggests, in some cases, some measure of sociopathy in addition to violent tendencies.

Archived