Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and aides shot in Alexandria park

Popeman38

2 minutes ago, codeorama said:

.  I don't see a lot of Conservatives talking about gun control though...:kickcan:

They probably prefer to keep their jobs and recognize the futility

2 minutes ago, codeorama said:

From reading on other sites, there's lots of liberal slamming, calling liberals the problem, violence etc... 

I think this is where the real danger of escalation lies.

The more rage against the enemy, the more others will go out to try to avenge or whatever other screwball reason they can come up with to shoot.

How awful is it my head keeps asking me if we've just heard the 'first shot' of a new civil war?

~Bang

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm trying to be more covert at my workplace right now and ACTUALLY try to look like I'm being productive...so him saying that is confirmed, right?  I thought I briefly saw somewhere else that he just asked if they were politicians in general.

I have nothing that has confirmed that. Just reading what's being reported.

and even if he didn't ask, i still have my hunch.

(AND, it's got nothing to do with blame, or playing any partisan angles. The climate is bad out there Spiffy, especially in the nutter circles. I sincerely hope THIS incident brings the overwhelming majority of reasonable people out to quash this stuff.)

~Bang

4 minutes ago, twa said:

They probably prefer to keep their jobs and recognize the futility

Not only that, but i think if this is used in any way to bring up that debate, it's going to be a big push for more Stand Your Ground and Conceal Carry and other self defense measures. 

~Bang

1 minute ago, Bang said:

Not only that, but i think if this is used in any way to bring up that debate, it's going to be a big push for more Stand Your Ground and Conceal Carry and other self defense measures. 

~Bang

Nothing drives that home like someone shooting at you and all you can do is run and hide.

we might find a good balance some day.

2 hours ago, Bang said:

ah, ****.

I sincerely hope the President can say something to try to calm things down. This is entirely too much.

Come on, Mr. President. Lead in crisis.

~Bang

Wait a minute now aren't you one of the posters that wish at least one of the political opposition was dead or would die? That has been my problem with this board since the election too many have been mouthing these kind of sentiments here. I dislike Hannity too but don't wish him dead - when you did and I called you on it I'd say over half the posters in tailgate came to your defense and/or agreed with you.

I may be a never Trumper but I find his resistance opposition more loathsome than him. (edited to add the resistance adjective)

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

...... (re Trump)..

I honestly expect that whatever he says will inflame rather than calm the situation.

Oh no doubt about that.

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

..... I suspect there will be significant mental illness we find out about. 

That is a given especially if he is part of the resistance. You think I'm using hyperbole when I accuse many of you of losing your friggen minds over Trump's election, I'm not. Just go back and review what you posted since his election.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

That is a given especially if he is part of the resistance. You think I'm using hyperbole when I accuse many of you of losing your friggen minds over Trump's election, I'm not just go back and review what you posted since his election.

Let's just ignore the many many many Republican and pro-Trump folks calling for killing Hillary and the media and setting up concentration camps and getting rid of Muslims, etc.

There's a lot of really dangerous rhetoric out there all right.  We have crazy neo-Nazis running around, crazy leftists anarchists, a general feeling that people who are different or disagree with what we believe should be dead or gone.

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:
  1. Suspect ID'ed as James T. Hodgkinson, in his 60s.  Facebook cover page is a Bernie Sanders photo.

https://www.facebook.com/jthodgkinson?lst=726275568%3A1350932325%3A1497452204

Oh Jesus, GDmmit.  I get that one guy doesn't represent a mass of people, but that's a terrible look for Bernie Bros everywhere.  Looking for Sanders to make a statement as well.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh Jesus, GDmmit.  I get that one guy doesn't represent a mass of people, but that's a terrible look for Bernie Bros everywhere.  Looking for Sanders to make a statement as well.

His musical likes on Facebook are Charlie Pride, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, and Johnny Mathis.

In other words, don't worry, he's ****ing crazy.

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

Let's just ignore the many many many Republican and pro-Trump folks calling for killing Hillary and the media and setting up concentration camps and getting rid of Muslims, etc.

There's a lot of really dangerous rhetoric out there all right.  We have crazy neo-Nazis running around, crazy leftists anarchists, a general feeling that people who are different or disagree with what we believe should be dead or gone.

Yeah but do they post on this board?

Archived