Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCnews: Kathy Griffin Says She Feels Attacked by Trump, Blames Sexism

RedskinsMayne

Jeezus, wotta buncha ******* all across the spectrum

I say **** it, market a line of Kathy Griffin bloody heads, collect 'em all! Especially that uber-rare bloody Mulvaney head that you'll have to trade two Pences and a Bannon to get

Then for Xmas release a bloody severed Kathy Griffin head

Now everyone can weep and wail and fall to their knees

So people on the right are pissed off at Her for the pic.  She's upset that Trump responded.  Those on the left are mad because people on the right weren't upset when similar things were done re Obama. And this, people on the right are mad at the left for not being mad about the same thing they were outraged about when it was done to Obama. 

Am am I missing anyone's bs hypocrisy?  Or did I name them all?

I think there's a line you don't cross in politics/religion, and she crossed it. Even though I despise everything about trump at this point, she crossed the line and that's a problem.

That same line was crossed a lot with the Obama's too. Notice, not just President Obama, but his family; including his young girls, which was and is repulsive.

Part of that line is due to respect - if not the man (and Jesus christ, his family too, what the **** is wrong with people), then at least the office and the country.

But a big part of it is just being a well adjusted adult.

Also, who gives a crap about her.

Also, something to respect is not taking shots to defend yourself but letting others do it for you. Come on Mr president...

Think I covered everything...

Oh, no, I forgot... president trump et al can't ruin her career. She's always been a terrible comedian. 

17 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kathy-griffin-says-she-feels-attacked-trump-blames-sexism-n767716

I didn't see anything on the forums about this incident so I figured i would post because i am curious to see what you all think, Personally, i don't think the pictures are that big a deal, but, at the same time is she serious? Donald Trump trying to ruin hr life for ever? LOL! He didn't show bad judgment this time, she did. All he did was say he thought it was disgusting, That's not trying to ruin someone's life... that's being honest about how you feel about someone depicting you dead. I feel like that would be anyone's reaction. I had no idea that Kathy Griffin was just a whiny **** until now. 

I always knew this was his fault from the beginning.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's no different than all the lynching images of Obama. 

Geez, the right are so hypocritical.

There is a difference when you compare a bunch of ignorant backyard racist hicks to a contributor of a major news network. CNN whom may not have favorable views of President Trump (and visa versa), still have standard of integrity it must uphold. With that being said, the news network must have had no other choice than to fire Griffin. 

But being a Christian, there is forgiveness. And I think Ms Griffin have much bigger concerns.

Matthew 10:33

33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Kathy Griffin was not a pundit. She was comedy on a New Years show. Let's not try that.

That Republican congressman who said Michelle Obama had a big butt. Pretty much everything Newt Gingrich said.

Donald and Melania Trump lead the birther fiasco and became president and he has never apologized for it. Just stop it.

This is all a distraction.

27 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

There is a difference when you compare a bunch of ignorant backyard racist hicks to a contributor of a major news network. CNN whom may not have favorable views of President Trump (and visa versa), still have standard of integrity it must uphold. With that being said, the news network must have had no other choice than to fire Griffin. 

Ted Nugent is one example of a guy who talked about President Obama's death and the same for Hilary Clinton, and he's a very rich and famous rock star

15 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Kathy Griffin was not a pundit. She was comedy on a New Years show. Let's not try that.

That Republican congressman who said Michelle Obama had a big butt. Pretty much everything Newt Gingrich said.

Donald and Melania Trump lead the birther fiasco and became president and he has never apologized for it. Just stop it.

This is all a distraction.

13 minutes ago, carex said:

Ted Nugent is one example of a guy who talked about President Obama's death and the same for Hilary Clinton, and he's a very rich and famous rock star

Soo you believe it is a goose/gander thing. CNN must lower their standards and keep Kathy Griffin employed? Let's us all hang out in the muck together, how cosy!!!

But like I said Griffin has bigger issues.

4 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Soo you believe it is a goose/gander thing. CNN must lower their standards and keep Kathy Griffin employed? Let's us all hang out in the muck together, how cosy!!!

yes at this point I do.  I believe the right wing has dragged us down into the muck and pretending otherwise only benefits them.  Now maybe in the future after everyone(or at least a large majority) gets sick of playing in the dirt we can agree to climb out and clean things up.  But not now.

WE are going to continue to have problems with this stuff. I don't see how we can come together. 

I didn't care for Obama at all. I pretty much disagreed with him on all of his policies. However, he was the President and deserved respect of the position. Attacking the family of the President is wrong no matter what. Period. I don't care whose side did it. Attacking the policies of the President are fine, however, any discussing of killing the President, needs to have a visit from the Secret Service. Period.

I have no problems with people hating Presidents for policy issues. But now whenever we disagree about a policy issue, we are automatically attaching racism, sexism, homophobia, etc to our disagreement. Doing that makes people numb to the issue at hand. What Griffith did was wrong. He response is even more wrong by claiming sexism. You attacked someone in public, you have to be prepared to be attacked back. Her claim of sexism actually hurts many of the real cases of sexism that occur every day. 

It seems that any disagreement is way over the top in responses. Its like we are five years old throwing tantrums when people don't agree with us. 

The interesting part is that conservatives and liberals need each other. Neither party can exist in a vacuum despite their claims. We need progressives to move us forward as a society, but we need conservatives to slow the change down so that it can be effectively managed. 

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's no different than all the lynching images of Obama. 

Geez, the right are so hypocritical.

Just pointing out that we all mock certain posters here when something about the Right is said and they rush to "but hillary....."  This is no different.  Stop comparing every single thing to what happened when the other side did something similar.  

8 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Listen sweetie, there were horrible images of Obama depicted his entire 8 years yet no one asked Fox News or the Republicans to apologize. Horrible things said, etc. You cupcakes and snowflakes have the thinnest skin.

And for the record Kathy Griffin was wrong and is unfunny and the image was stupid.

My real issue is this got too much attention and you had Melania claiming she is sick and needs help for her attack, and The Orange saying he had to talk to his son about it. Did Donald show it to him? What the hell.

Listen here sweetie? Could you be any more condescending?  I am not a snowflake, and my skin is not thin. I don't like Trump, and did not vote for him. I am not Fox News, and I don't control their decisions. They are wrong a lot and should apologize for a bunch of things. What Kathy Griffin did is wrong. You can't justify it by talking about the "wrongs of the other side" while admitting what was done was wrong. 

On 6/2/2017 at 9:06 PM, DWinzit said:

I wonder what the public reaction would be had this been Obama.

This thread would not have the same tenor. 

On 6/2/2017 at 9:11 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

We saw worse about the Obamas, and the girls weren't exempt. We were told to get over it.

So that's my advice to the Trumps and their minions.

And it is sexism toward Griffin, male comics aren't getting the same approbation.

Comics are completely different. I know you are smart enough to know that. 

16 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

And it's not even a head, it's a Trump mask with paper stuffed in it.

Wait, that's not a real head?

16 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

So people on the right are pissed off at Her for the pic.  She's upset that Trump responded.  Those on the left are mad because people on the right weren't upset when similar things were done re Obama. And this, people on the right are mad at the left for not being mad about the same thing they were outraged about when it was done to Obama. 

Am am I missing anyone's bs hypocrisy?  Or did I name them all?

This issue is like everything else basically. 

20 hours ago, Burgold said:

Btw, lets not let this Trump diversion work. They're giving Griffin play to divert from Paris and other real atrocities 

"They"?  Pretty sure Griffin has brought this attention in herself, not just by the photo, but by her outrageous current stand as the victim. 

Archived