Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCnews: Kathy Griffin Says She Feels Attacked by Trump, Blames Sexism

RedskinsMayne

A defiant Kathy Griffin vowed Friday to continue making jokes about President Donald Trump, and stressed that she believes she's been personally attacked by the president and the first family. ...

"What's happening to me has never happened, ever in the history of this great country, which is that a sitting president of the United States and his grown children and the first lady are personally, I feel, personally trying to ruin my life forever." ....

"Cut the crap, this wouldn't be happening to a guy — this is a woman thing," she said. "I'm not afraid of Donald Trump. He's a bully. I've dealt with older white guys trying to keep me down my whole life — my whole career."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kathy-griffin-says-she-feels-attacked-trump-blames-sexism-n767716

I didn't see anything on the forums about this incident so I figured i would post because i am curious to see what you all think, Personally, i don't think the pictures are that big a deal, but, at the same time is she serious? Donald Trump trying to ruin hr life for ever? LOL! He didn't show bad judgment this time, she did. All he did was say he thought it was disgusting, That's not trying to ruin someone's life... that's being honest about how you feel about someone depicting you dead. I feel like that would be anyone's reaction. I had no idea that Kathy Griffin was just a whiny **** until now. 

So apparently (from your link), there are several people out there depicting him dead.

Of them, he singled her out to attack (and its not like he was asked about it in a press conference or interview and was answering the asked a question).  He specifically decided to tweet about her.

I think, given the circumstances (as I understand them from your link), her response is not surprising.

When a group of people are doing something and somebody in authority singles out one individual, I think a normal response is that it is not fair and that authority is (unfairly) attacking them (due to some ulterior motive).

(It at least seems from a quick search, a similar thing with respect to the First Lady.  She issued a statement that singled out Griffin.  It wasn't a general statement.  It ignored that other people have done similar things.  It certainly seems like a coordinated and specific attack on one person.

It might not be, but when people are attacked given the circumstances that is commonly the response.)

Out of curiosity, why is she the whiny person and not him and his wife?

He didn't just say it was disgusting he talked about his son and all sorts of other things.  And then his wife added onto it with her own statement.

And they both appear to have taken it public.

Doesn't an unwhinny person just ignore it?

they both get what they want

trump gets to point and say "see, they're all like this, and please ignore the fact i invited a guy who wouldn't mind seeing the last president dead to the white house"

Griffin gets another extension to her dying career

She's irrelevant, a has been.  Grasping at her last 15 minutes of fame.  While in poor taste, I don't really have a problem with what Griffin did.

Of all the problems in this country, a awful joke by a has been comedian is very low on my interest meter.

Something grotesque to talk about I suppose.

The Trumps are going after her livelihood, and having the Secret Service investigating her.

A bit over the top response from them.

I'm not a huge fan of Griffin, she funny sometimes and really goes after everyone.

And really, he deserves everything he gets.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The Trumps are going after her livelihood, and having the Secret Service investigating her.

That's standard procedure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

They also had a sit down with Trump after his "2nd amendment people" comment, when he joked about killing Hillary. Which brings me back to my "unprincipled Trump supporters" comment from earlier in the day. There is no low that the man hasn't already stooped to and here is the perfect example.

"No name has been Kathy Griffin made a tasteless joke about killing Trump!!" Yeah well he did the same thing so do you actually care about that sort of thing or is it just the R / D after their name that determines right and wrong for you?

Blaming sexism seems like a lame grasp to save face. She is two facelifts late for that lol.   

I have a strange sense of humor but even I found this tasteless.

I wonder what the public reaction would be had this been Obama.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

We saw worse about the Obamas, and the girls weren't exempt. We were told to get over it.

So that's my advice to the Trumps and their minions.

And it is sexism toward Griffin, male comics aren't getting the same approbation.

Marilyn Manson and GWAR don't work for CNN

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That's standard procedure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

They also had a sit down with Trump after his "2nd amendment people" comment, when he joked about killing Hillary. Which brings me back to my "unprincipled Trump supporters" comment from earlier in the day. There is no low that the man hasn't already stooped to and here is the perfect example.

"No name has been Kathy Griffin made a tasteless joke about killing Trump!!" Yeah well he did the same thing so do you actually care about that sort of thing or is it just the R / D after their name that determines right and wrong for you?

Well, actually, as i said i don't what she did should have gotten her fired. I think her response/apology where she blames everything on trump Nd old white men while taking zero responsibility for her own actions is the **** part.

16 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Someone should so do a Celebrity DeathMatch bit here.............

Since one is a major Conservative Christian leader and the other is a damned sexual deviant, I sure hope you see the moral and spiritual differences between the two.

19 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

And it is sexism toward Griffin, male comics aren't getting the same approbation.

This was much more graphic than what I have seen from other comics regardless of sex, race or anything else. The males used as examples were Marilyn Manson, Municapal Waste and GWAR.   She is currently more relevant than them but that is not saying a lot. 

She crossed the line (with both feet) and she needs to own that.  Recreating ISIS imagery targeting the President while working for CNN is obviously unacceptable.  This isn't something that should even need to be said.  Blaming sexism is a transparent effort at deflection and she should be ashamed for having attempted it.   

Ms. Griffin you screwed up in a very big and public way. You went way over the line and you are a person who's occupation relies on public approval. What you did was grotesque and wholly innapropriate regardless of how much you dispise Trump, you stooped to the lowest possible level of "protest", and to excuse your behavior by pointing to the abysmal behavior of others during the Obama administration only serves to demonstrate that you know your behavior was disgusting. Even IF Trump was attacking you personally, you put yourself in his sights, you made him the victim. You changed the topic from Trump's bad behavior to yours. So stop playing the victim, take your time-out and regroup, but I doubt you'll work on the national stage again, and rightfully so. Good bye, and welcome to the world we know where you've loat your podium and are just another voice in the crowd.

Archived