Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

On that universal day care thing.....maybe the investigation and research needs to go into where this country turned into a place where most families struggle to get by on two full time incomes.  If only one parent had to work in order to support a family, even if the second parent wanted to pick up a part time job for extra cash....that solves the issue of day care for a lot of people right there.

In fact I am not sure why the Democrats don't regularly and routinely make that point when the GOP rails against spending on social programs to begin with.  The Dems should really hit home the point that the only way out of the endless gov't spending is if the middle-class and working poor are paid more at their jobs.  With the cost of living constantly going up, ridiculous levels even depending on where you live, if the extra needed money isn't coming from their employers it is going to have to come via the gov't at some point.  Really it is that simple in a lot of cases.  Most people that need the help from gov't programs are a direct result of the trash wages they are being paid not to mention little to no or a very crappy benefits package.  And please spare me the "they just aren't working hard enough/their skills are good enough" nonsense.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 4

"Believe it or not...."  

Ok, let me think on it....I choose "not."

My guess would be the conversation went more like this:

"Why didn't you talk about the election being stolen from me?  I won, big....huge, the biggest win in the history of all history. It was historically big, and you better make sure to tell people next time you are in front of cameras"

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

On that universal day care thing.....maybe the investigation and research needs to go into where this country turned into a place where most families struggle to get by on two full time incomes.  If only one parent had to work in order to support a family, even if the second parent wanted to pick up a part time job for extra cash....that solves the issue of day care for a lot of people right there.

In fact I am not sure why the Democrats don't regularly and routinely make that point when the GOP rails against spending on social programs to begin with.  The Dems should really hit home the point that the only way out of the endless gov't spending is if the middle-class and working poor are paid more at their jobs.  With the cost of living constantly going up, ridiculous levels even depending on where you live, if the extra needed money isn't coming from their employers it is going to have to come via the gov't at some point.  Really it is that simple in a lot of cases.  Most people that need the help from gov't programs are a direct result of the trash wages they are being paid not to mention little to no or a very crappy benefits package.  And please spare me the "they just aren't working hard enough/their skills are good enough" nonsense.

I've proposed often in here that if employees have to avail themselves of government programs because they aren't paid enough, that the employers are taxed the amount to cover the cost. It's easily done through Social Security numbers.

• Like 2

I don't know what thread this belongs in, but I think it can go here.  

I'd only heard of NewsMax before, I'd not seen it until yesterday.  Holy ****ing ****, it's like Fox News on the Barry Bonds steroids plan.  It's ****ing unbelievable.  People actually watch and believe this ****.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd only heard of NewsMax before, I'd not seen it until yesterday.  Holy ****ing ****, it's like Fox News on the Barry Bonds steroids plan.  It's ****ing unbelievable.  People actually watch and believe this ****.  

Spiff, its not a 100% chance, of course, but the NMax-21 virus is internet born.  You may want to quarantine conspiracy theory thoughts for, like, 2 weeks...just in case.  We don't want it to spread, of course.  And obviously if you come down with symptoms (e.g. complete lack of critical thinking skills), please seek help.

...god I hope scientists develop a vaccine soon.  Good Luck!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Spiff, its not a 100% chance, of course, but the NMax-21 virus is internet born.  You may want to quarantine conspiracy theory thoughts for, like, 2 weeks...just in case.  We don't want it to spread, of course.  And obviously if you come down with symptoms (e.g. complete lack of critical thinking skills), please seek help.

...god I hope scientists develop a vaccine soon.  Good Luck!

Already have the complete lack of critical thinking skills down pat.  I just selectively apply it in certain situations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Sounds like the Donald Trump we all know.

The only possible way I'd believe this is if Scott left out that Trump suggested the best way to help the most vulnerable people in our society is to make them give Trump all of their money.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

lmao. Let me go take a quick look at a map of Georgia.

This reminds me of that time when Pence went to the NK SK border and tried to give some sort of "intimidating steely eyed resolve" stare across at NK but ended up just looking like a combination of confused and constipated. I can't even imagine how much the North Koreans laughed at that. These numbnuts thinking they look tough is beyond hilarious. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said: