Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

GOP worries fiscal conservatism losing its rallying cry

Republicans say fiscal conservatism simply isn’t the GOP rallying cry it used to be, and that’s making it much harder to counter President Biden’s push for trillions of dollars in new government spending.

Instead, culture war issues like immigration, religious freedom, LGBTQ rights, Big Tech and the Black Lives Matter movement are taking center stage in conservative politics. 

The initial shift in Republican political priorities away from belt-tightening coincided with the demise of the Tea Party, the dominant force in the 2010 midterm elections, and the rise of now-former President Trump, who presided over an $8 trillion increase in the national debt.

Now, Republicans are having a tough time generating the same outrage over Biden’s multitrillion-dollar spending agenda as they did over former President Obama’s signature initiatives: the American Relief and Reinvestment Act and the Affordable Care Act, which cost far less than what Biden is proposing on infrastructure.

Senate Republican Whip John Thune (S.D.) said “unfortunately” fiscal concerns are “probably” not as important to the GOP base as 10 years ago and that Trump helped transform the party’s priorities. 

Click on the link for the full article

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I wonder if she is a DeSantis backer. I think he is the likely nominee. 

Probably not, DeSantis is a Floridian Ted Cruz.  Liz is setting herself up as a regular Republican although "regular" means white supremist voter suppressor now. I don't think she's in that camp.

35 minutes ago, JCB said:

The craziest damn thing about all of this is that they're doing it all for Donald ****ing Trump. Holy hell.

I honestly think they are afraid to go against him because he controls his base, and his base are their fundraising/sacrificial pigs. Basically - they are doing it for money and he is the ATM. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JCB said:

The craziest damn thing about all of this is that they're doing it all for Donald ****ing Trump. Holy hell.

Nah. They're doing it for Satan. 

Satan is making them do it for Trump. And laughing his **** off. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Again, GOP pipeline is overflowing with talent.

Please, please , everyone. I beg you, please insert all "Independence Day" and Randy Quaid memes here in this thread, I'm sure there will be plenty.

• Haha 1