Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Meghan McCain Blasts MAGA ‘Sausagefest’ for Ouster of Liz Cheney: Conservative Women ‘Like Me’ Have no Place in GOP

Though she didn’t exactly say the words “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore” Meghan McCain channeled fictional character, Howard Beale, Wednesday morning. What got The View co-host so angry? The GOP’s treatment of House Republican chair Liz Cheney and what looks to now be her inevitable dismissal from her party’s Congressional leadership role.

Cheney finds herself currently at odds with former President Donald Trump, and as a result, the majority of his supporters serving both in Congress and in the media. At issue? Trump’s continued lie that the 2020 general election was stolen, and Cheney’s vocal, and increasingly uncommon, calling out of Trump’s baseless allegations.

Audio leaked on Tuesday from a hot mic that recorded House Minority Kevin McCarthy bashing Cheney during an off-air moment that came from a Fox & Friends conversation with Steve Doocy. The audio went viral and was seen as the clearest indication to date that Cheney’s days in House GOP leadership were in fact done. But McCain isn’t buying the hot mic story. Not one bit.

“Well, let’s cut the crap,” she opened. “He wasn’t caught on a hot mic. That was done intentionally. What’s going on is Liz Cheney was already by the way voted in January to stay in her position and overwhelmingly had support to stay when they tried to oust her before. What’s happening is it’s clear — I’ll be a little crass — they’re shivving her for her saying the election wasn’t stolen and refusing to debase herself to Cheeto Jesus.”

And that was just the opener.

She then lamented how lacking she found the current “Trump iteration” of the Republican party, or what she called the “MAGA base of the party.”

“The message that’s being sent by the highest member of Republicans in congress is that women like me and Liz Cheney who refuse to bend the knee to President Trump, but still remain loyal Republicans, we don’t have a place in this party,” she exasperated. “We’re worthless. We’re not worth fighting for to keep. It’s Kafkaesque to spin in this any other way.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, China said:

Damn lol...listening to her saying the words that are in print--you know she means what she's saying. Never cared about Meghan McCain (still don't) but that was pretty spot on.

Well Meg, you can always take the nuclear option. There’s a place for you on the other side of the aisle, as long as you’re willing to vote for some important reforms. OTOH, this would probably only be effective if RMoney and maybe another “RINO” or two left with her. 

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Damn lol...listening to her saying the words that are in print--you know she means what she's saying. Never cared about Meghan McCain (still don't) but that was pretty spot on.

Even a broken clock is right at least twice a day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/05/liz-cheney-republican-party-turning-point/

Finally, we Republicans need to stand for genuinely conservative principles, and steer away from the dangerous and anti-democratic Trump cult of personality. In our hearts, we are devoted to the American miracle. We believe in the rule of law, in limited government, in a strong national defense, and in prosperity and opportunity brought by low taxes and fiscally conservative policies.

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Meghan McCain is full of ****. Her husband and his organization are 100 percent Trumpers. 

Doesn't matter. She's not speaking to Democrats, she's speaking to Conservative white women. She's not gonna score any political points with the GOP by calling Trump "Cheeto Jesus". But conservative women like her will hear this and it will resonate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Doesn't matter. She's not speaking to Democrats, she's speaking to Conservative white women. She's not gonna score any political points with the GOP by calling Trump "Cheeto Jesus". But conservative women like her will hear this and it will resonate.

Fair but her husband counters all that and she is fine with that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Bull. If it’s Cheeto Jesus on the ballot vs any Dem in 24; she will vote Cheeto. Hell, the soon to be ousted Cheney will too.

The gop isn’t changing; they will ride the Trump train until they get wiped out.

Thing is; it might be another decade before they are wiped out. 2022 will be great for the Trump party. Just redistrcting alone should give them House. They will win back some of those governorships they lost in 18 and do good in state races.

Only bright spot might be Georgia and the     Senate for the Dems.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Bull. If it’s Cheeto Jesus on the ballot vs any Dem in 24; she will vote Cheeto. Hell, the soon to be ousted Cheney will too.

Doesn't matter. She's not speaking to what she will do in an imagined scenario or trying to convince people she's changed, she's speaking to Conservative white women. She's not trying to convince people how she will vote by calling Trump "Cheeto Jesus". But conservative women like her will hear this and it will resonate. If enough of them decide to not vote for Trump (or for anyone), it will be felt.

Edited by Califan007

While Ben Domenech is a full Trump fanboy, I couldn't see Meghan McCain voting for Trump under any circumstances, just because of what Trump has said about her dad. 

I honestly think that Twitter should end the ban on Trump and just let him go nuts. Just because the guy can't help himself and doesn't realize that "less is more."  More constant displays of the narcissism he displayed on social media like he did during his entire presidency will just serve to further alienate voters and could even give GOP voters (although this might be a stretch) reason to turn toward others in the 2024 primary.

And Liz Cheney raises the good point in highlighting that if Trump is the nominee and loses the general again, he will fight even harder to have the result overturned. And if the GOP controls Congress at the time of the certification, what happens?  That's not even to mention the current recount in AZ. Seems like between that recount and the vote which is almost certainly going to knock Cheney out of the GOP House leadership, next week is shaping up to be quite a storm. 

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The gop isn’t changing; they will ride the Trump train until they get wiped out.

Thing is; it might be another decade before they are wiped out. 2022 will be great for the Trump party. Just redistrcting alone should give them House. They will win back some of those governorships they lost in 18 and do good in state races.

Only bright spot might be Georgia and the Senate for the Dems.

I’ll be shocked if the Grand Oligarch’s Party doesn’t win back both houses in 2022. First, they’ve done a bang up job with passing voter suppression laws. Also, too many Dems have been looking at the Biden election as winning the war when in reality, we just won a preliminary battle. I think the only thing that may save us is the possibility that the mail-in restrictions do as much to suppress older/military voters as the intended targets. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

I’ll be shocked if the Grand Oligarch’s Party doesn’t win back both houses in 2022. First, they’ve done a bang up job with passing voter suppression laws. Also, too many Dems have been looking at the Biden election as winning the war when in reality, we just won a preliminary battle. I think the only thing that may save us is the possibility that the mail-in restrictions do as much to suppress older/military voters as the intended targets. 

They have a shot at the Senate. Map favors them and they are more open seats, with many Gop senators retiring. So, they have a chance at winning a couple of more Seats. Of course, 2020 was favorable also and we saw how that went.

• Like 1

God I hate it when I'm trying to walk to my hangar and see homeless people. Only thing worse than that is when I'm heading to my yacht and see them. It just completely ruins my entire outing. I have to drink a full bottle of Dom just to help me forget about seeing them.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1