Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

45 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

TX voters and the TX GOP deserve each other. After this, I expect who has a R after their name to win and they will keep hold of their legislature majority.  

I take some issue with this as a (non-GOP) Texas voter myself, but yeah... pretty much.

Maybe the most ****ed up part of this?  Now I don’t know if my electricity might be politicized.  If the GOP message is proving to work with voters here, does that affect how quickly they work to get power back on?  Do they put heavier emphasis on heavier GOP areas?  I’d like to think this is all a nonissue... can’t believe I’m to be in this boat.

17 hours ago, visionary said:

Begun, this Trump-McConnell war has.

This is the best news I've heard since November.  The GOP fracturing along Trump-McConnell lines, and likely to line up behind the one that lost his election and caused the losses of both the House in 2018 and Senate in 2021, and not behind the one who, for all of his awfulness, is one of the most effective political operatives in US history.  

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Plus it's two Democrat Prrsidents in a row who have had solid marriages. 

👏

Was thinking the same last night.  

Duke Energy operates 2 of the biggest wind farms in TX and they make 25bil/year (not just off the wind farms of course).  They can afford a couple lawyers, I’m pretty sure.  Or maybe they don’t care given they operate in Natural Gas as well...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

GA GOP. So they lose both Senate seats, change the rules even more.

The need to get destroyed far and wide for this voter suppression.

Actually, Dems need to pass a Federal Voting Rights Act which prevents this type of garbage. 

• Like 1

This applies generally to Texas and the mayor who resigned.

One of the reasons I walked away nearly a decade ago is that conservative ideology, intentionally or not, targets poor people who mainly are made up of the black and brown.  Look at the mayors attitude, "you are lazy and didn't prepare or work hard enough." 

If you look at the MAGA folks mindsets via recent poll, they feel minorities are lazy and don't work hard enough.  

https://sites.uw.edu/magastudy/maga-difference/

This is scary.  

• Like 1